PDA

View Full Version : Flies to Insects

fishfun
10-06-2009, 05:50 AM
I am new to fly-fishing for trout species and am looking for help with one particular subject.
Is there a book out in print that identifies particular insects to their respective imitations.

Anyone with information that could be helpful please respond.I have no problem identifying a particular bug in the water but when I go to my box or the local shop I am lost.

jts1
10-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Yes here is I have a copy of1 But as its 6am I need to get to work I will dig it up and send you a pm tonight with the info

Kingfisher
10-07-2009, 02:43 AM
Yes there is a book from my friend Rick Passek. It's called The Freshman Flyfisher's Insect Guide. You can order it right from Rick's site. . Or you can get it at Fish Tales in Calgary.

One other way to get a copy is that I have 2 of Rick's books, The Freshman Flyfisher, and the Freshman Flyfisher's Insect Guide that Rick gave me a few weeks ago. I am going to be running a contest here and someone can win a set of Rick's books.

Rob

fishfun
10-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Thx jts1 for responding,look forward to hearing from ya.

And Kingfisher I'll look into those books you mention,as I am not very prolific I probably won't win the contest,but I'm hopin'.

jts1
10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Kingfisher is the one that got me the books. Tha same ones he spoke of. Great books. I use it all the time