PDA

View Full Version : E-tech ???

bsnyder
10-07-2009, 12:00 AM
:wave:Blew my 250 Yamaha at the Vanity:mad3:.Repowering with a 250 E-Tech ( new )Any Pros and Cons on the E-Tech?Ive been hearing both good and bad :huh: THKS

bsnyder
10-08-2009, 12:21 AM
bump

Shmag
10-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Sorry to hear about your luck, i am a merc man but have to say that i have only heard good things about the new e-tech.

floppychicken
10-08-2009, 07:49 AM
All of the Motor Manufacturers make REALLY GREAT engines these days. Definitely to the benefit of the 'Consumer'. They are still WAY overpriced for what you get IMO.

I believe you are making the CORRECT choice.

The Evinrude's are Lighter and have more TORQUE and more TOP-END as well... Combine that with the fact that they are MAINTENANCE FREE for 3 bloody years really says a LOT about the engine !

150+ LESS PARTS than a 4-STROKE means NO OIL CHANGES, NO gear Oil to change, NO SPRING TUNE-UPS NO SPARK PLUGS and best of all this is a SELF-WINTERING ENGINE ! How friggin' COOL IS THAT ? You can have it FOG ITSELF anytime you like and it only takes a few minutes !

Now add in the AMAZING HOLE SHOT, VICOUS TOP END and ULTRA FINE Throttle response and you have an Engine that best's all others, hands down!

The LOW 87 Octane requirement and incredible gas mileage is worth mentioning also...

It truly IS the ULTIMATE 2-STROKE OUTBOARD.....(and it's REALLY quiet too... :) )

Cheers,

/FC...

bsnyder
10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
All of the Motor Manufacturers make REALLY GREAT engines these days. Definitely to the benefit of the 'Consumer'. They are still WAY overpriced for what you get IMO.

I believe you are making the CORRECT choice.

The Evinrude's are Lighter and have more TORQUE and more TOP-END as well... Combine that with the fact that they are MAINTENANCE FREE for 3 bloody years really says a LOT about the engine !

150+ LESS PARTS than a 4-STROKE means NO OIL CHANGES, NO gear Oil to change, NO SPRING TUNE-UPS NO SPARK PLUGS and best of all this is a SELF-WINTERING ENGINE ! How friggin' COOL IS THAT ? You can have it FOG ITSELF anytime you like and it only takes a few minutes !

Now add in the AMAZING HOLE SHOT, VICOUS TOP END and ULTRA FINE Throttle response and you have an Engine that best's all others, hands down!

The LOW 87 Octane requirement and incredible gas mileage is worth mentioning also...

It truly IS the ULTIMATE 2-STROKE OUTBOARD.....(and it's REALLY quiet too... :) )

Cheers,

/FC...

:wave:You gotta be an E-Tech salesman???:lol:Kidding , ya it all seems great but the only worrie is that ive seen a lot of them broke down at tournys.I was told they had problems with up to 175 hp but the biguns 200-250 were great , hope so imputting one on in a month or soish:D

floppychicken
10-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Heh, heh.... No, not a salesman, just a fan. I even bought an Opti cause' the combo I wanted for Motor / Boat was 'just outta' reach of my budget :(

Anyhow, I still love what I got, but the E-TEC was 'definitely' my first choice. The 250's are an absolute MONSTER of an engine and you'll notice a 'substantial' difference in the performance of your boat between the Old and the New outboards....

Cheers,

/FC...

Topwater
10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Last spring I fished out of several Ranger boats powered by the 250 etecs and yammy 4 strokes. The e tecs were strong runners and were better then the yammys in every aspect except noise, although I was blown away at how quite they are for a 2 stroke. I'm sure you'll be happy with your new engine and should notice some performance gains.

Only cons would be the possible lack of dealer/service network in your area and the fact that its not a MERCURY.

Cheers