PDA

View Full Version : Coots and Snipes

Okotokian
10-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Regs say you can take 10 of each. I've never taken any. I swear I could take my limit of snipes in about 10 minutes, so many buzz around me.

Anyone ever take either, and what do you do with them? Those snipes seem pretty tiny..... and the coots look ugly LOL

BowhuntAB
10-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Regs say you can take 10 of each. I've never taken any. I swear I could take my limit of snipes in about 10 minutes, so many buzz around me.

Anyone ever take either, and what do you do with them? Those snipes seem pretty tiny..... and the coots look ugly LOL

We tried both when we were kids...Coots are super ugly and taste muddy as hell...snipe are tiny and very tough...i wouldnt bother unless i was homeless and hungry!:tongue2:

marlin1
10-13-2009, 04:24 PM
We tried both when we were kids...Coots are super ugly and taste muddy as hell...snipe are tiny and very tough...i wouldnt bother unless i was homeless and hungry!:tongue2:

X2 on the coots:sick:

theduke
10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
dont waste ur ammo, they are just nasty, the dogs dont even like retrieveing them lol, its like they know lol

Kelly & Beth
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Talk to Lordfrosty about snipes, he swears they are the best bird to eat :sick: can't bring myself to try it.

catnthehat
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
here's my recipe for coot:

take breast and meat, breaking the breastbone on a cedar board, and tack the meat to the board.
roast over an open fire , sprinkling the meat with diced onions and garlic, occasionally basting with butter, for one half hour.
Throw coot meat away and eat the cedar plank!:tongue2:
Cat

hal53
10-13-2009, 08:04 PM
here's my recipe for coot:

take breast and meat, breaking the breastbone on a cedar board, and tack the meat to the board.
roast over an open fire , sprinkling the meat with diced onions and garlic, occasionally basting with butter, for one half hour.
Throw coot meat away and eat the cedar plank!:tongue2:
Cat
hahahaha...knew that was coming...but it took awhile...drive safe on your trip south!!!!:lol::lol:

catnthehat
10-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks Hal!
On the recipe - I wouldn't post it if it weren't true....:D
Cat

ABDUKNUT
10-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Be careful what you're identifying as 'snipes'. Unless you know exactly what a snipe is, and can ID the various plentiful, and similar, shorebirds in your area I would suggest you stick with ducks (and coots).