PDA

View Full Version : looking into mooring our 20Ft pontoon at a "local Edmonton Lake"

Pontoon Johnny
07-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey guys,

Hi all,

I have not had much chance to look into mooring our pontoon again, but need to start.

We just recently bought a Motorhome, and would like to set up a base camp at the campground for the season and moor our pontoon boat as well.

I am looking for some information as to fees, ect for a decent lake; with some alright fishing, within 3-ish hour drive from edmonton; to:

1.) rent a campsite with power
2.) moor our 20Ft pontoon boat at a marina at the same lake.

I would be alright with simply leaving the boat, at the campsite; but I will be traveling alot..and the wife would be able to hop on the boat and drive it out of a mooring situation, ....she will not drive the truck, let alone launch or retrieve the 20ft pontoon....you see my conundrum..LOL.

We have a 1yr old boy now, and the "fly by the seat of your pants" tenting is not what............"mom" considers DOABLE...LOL.

Gotta keep her happy, if I want to KEEP fishing...lol

Thanks in advance fellers!!

Johnny

Thanks for the info in advance, and GOOD FISHING EVERYONE!!

Pontoon Johnny
07-03-2007, 02:23 AM
35 people viewed.

no one has any info?

Wow, thought I'd at least get a bite.

Don Meredith
07-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Well, there is a secure marina on Wabamun at the town site. It looks to have most of the amenities. However, the fishing could be better. There is currently a Capital Health advisory against consuming the fish as a result of the oil spill two years ago. 99% of that spill has been cleaned up and no oil was submerged in the lake. So, it is believed the health advisory will soon be lifted. The fish (pike, lake whitefish) were not directly affected by the spill, but have been overfished over the years. So, the lake is in recovery. However, it is a beautiful lake to do boating, and the water is clean--Capital Health has O.K.ed swimming in it. I know there are people on this board who still fish the lake (c&r) and enjoy it.

Bear Ballz
07-03-2007, 08:59 AM
There is also a secure one on Pigeon Lake, PM me if you're interested and I'll get yah some numbers.

Pontoon Johnny
07-03-2007, 11:25 PM
editied - as back to wanting to moor the boat.

Red Sky Shane
07-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Pontoon Johnny,

Have you thought of coming far enough north to find clean water?

I'm on Lesser Slave Lake 2 1/2 north of Edmonton. It's the biggest walleye fishery in Alberta I'm told, and the lake is so huge it always makes you feel alone out there.

Message sent.

Pontoon Johnny
05-22-2009, 04:07 AM
Hi all,

I have not had much chance to look into mooring our pontoon again, but need to start.

We just recently bought a Motorhome, and would like to set up a base camp at the campground for the season and moor our pontoon boat as well.

I am looking for some information as to fees, ect for a decent lake; with some alright fishing, within 3-ish hour drive from edmonton; to:

1.) rent a campsite with power
2.) moor our 20Ft pontoon boat at a marina at the same lake.

I would be alright with simply leaving the boat, at the campsite; but I will be traveling alot..and the wife would be able to hop on the boat and drive it out of a mooring situation, ....she will not drive the truck, let alone launch or retrieve the 20ft pontoon....you see my conundrum..LOL.

We have a 1yr old boy now, and the "fly by the seat of your pants" tenting is not what............"mom" considers DOABLE...LOL.

Gotta keep her happy, if I want to KEEP fishing...lol

Thanks in advance fellers!!

Johnny