PDA

View Full Version : Ice shacks

Duster
10-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Just wondering if everybody is ready for the ice, and where the shacks are going? 42 days and counting,,, haha call me crazy if you will!

foxracing_23
10-19-2009, 09:05 PM
im in the same boat as you, playing the waiting game. Im about halfway done building "the icefisher deluxe". I'll post pictures when its done

Walleyes
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Just wondering if everybody is ready for the ice, and where the shacks are going? 42 days and counting,,, haha call me crazy if you will!

Planning on putting mine out on 40 Mile Res again this winter.. Going to try a different spot from last year but sticking with the same lake. The fishing wasn't the best there this past summer so hopefully they will feed a bit come winter...

calgarygringo
10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Got out back this past weekend and got the shack cleaned tightened up and ready to go. Where is the ice!!!!!!!

Duster
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Im heading out to Crawling again this winter, Gringo i met you last winter. I will have a bunch of trailers out this year, up to about 5 around old red and white trailer, anybody notices or sees us and feels like having a drink and fish stop by.

Duster
Dustin
{I will be in the red and white trailer.}

calgarygringo
10-19-2009, 10:08 PM
I always take up a good invitation. What part are you going to setup. We are usually around the east islands or on the west side.

Duster
10-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Always on the lower east islands out towards the edge of the main lake, you cant miss us we will have a big Canada Flag set up, And a herd of shacks, trying to create some what of a shack village, so we can all watch out for each other. We will be up first weekend of december depending on ice, last year ther was 10 inchs when we pulled out, same weekend.

Buck Krazy
10-20-2009, 08:56 AM
10", Dustin your crazy.... Who drives on 10" of ice:lol:

The Fisherman Guy
10-20-2009, 09:03 AM
No kiddin eh? Some weird ice fishing voodoo goin on there in the old red and white!

GUTS, both Duster and BK have got em. If I show up that weekend, I am wearing a life jacket and tying myself off to shore with some of that good ole' Power Pro braid.

Buck Krazy
10-20-2009, 09:17 AM
LOL, no worriess there fisherman guy, I would rather drive on 10" of new ice than 3' of honey comb ice in march! Have to have a tonne of good food on the go so we can drink more beer:evilgrin:

Duster
10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
HaHa 10 inchs is all i need, Hey Fg you better put that power pro braid away, not thick enough, you better go with 3/8 cable, And put a tractor inner tube around ya. last year we had the whole lake to ourselves for the first 3 weeks. Hey Bk were not gonna use the loaded 1\2 ton this year either, gonna load up the quads and use them this year. Lookin forward to having both of you come that weekend. And BK no Beer for you we all know how you like to get carried away, so if you drink to much your sleeping outside.,......... lol...........

The Fisherman Guy
10-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I smell a bunch of deer being cooked on that woodstove. Going to be a helluva time. BK only gets carried away when he is done outfishing you ;) He keeps his drag tight!

Should be a gooder Dusty, you want that woodstove of mine or what? Come by the ranch this week and check it out, to see if it will work for you.

Duster
10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Deer is good, Bk never out fishes me cuz he is always to slobering drunk haha, some times he doesnt eveen pick up a rod. And you dont need a tight drag to snap off the big ones, I can recall Schooling you a few times to FG, so now were on, since you like bragging so much!!!!!! this will be the test this winter.... cuz i know your still looking for your 10 pound Ling!!

Will come by and take a look at your stove too. might be able to figure something out.

Duster
10-20-2009, 03:56 PM
But yes it should be quite the gong show!!!!!!!:evilgrin:

Buck Krazy
10-20-2009, 04:27 PM
TOO Funny:lol:!! I am hoping for early ice....

The Fisherman Guy
10-20-2009, 04:36 PM
BK and I are gunna use the Duster for bait! To catch the King of the Ling, you gotta use a piece of the Ling King!! Sleep with one eye open D!

Buck Krazy
10-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Shoulda seen the pike Mish got last Sat when we were out at secret location #69.... 37", probably 12-14 pounds, thick as hell!

The Fisherman Guy
10-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Wish I could've been there. I found the bottom of a few bottles Friday night, pretty cool down there. I might be able to make it out this weekend, if you're down?

Duster
10-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes it was a very nice fish that Mish caught at secret location # 69. Thinking of heading some where around secret spot # 420 this weekend should be good, you gonna come FG?

Buck Krazy
10-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah 420 is one of my favorites!