PDA

View Full Version : 1 Last trip.

jts1
10-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Going out on Sunday for 1 last open water trip , Dont care where , Spin or fly. Any takers for a lil road trip??

nicemustang
10-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Where were you thinking? I don't have any plans for Sunday....would be interested.

jts1
10-24-2009, 04:22 AM
Not sure PCR will get lots of eyes. Gull Might get a few. Anywhere I am easy. Could do PCR and take the back raod through K county on the way back. Or hit Clear for some late season pike. Shoot I will even go to Taber if I have got 2. Name the spot Between the 2 of us I am sure we can get some fish.

Jack&7
10-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey!

Long time no speak on the forum...apparently, I haven't been on here in a while.

Sept and October have flown by and I have been crazy busy. Just got back last night from a holiday down south and I was just thinking the same thing you guys were....one last trip before hard water season.

I was thinking about taking my Dad down to Travers for some walleye or maybe Clear for some pike. Weather says it's going to be +6 and sunny.

Pops really wants to go so I thought I would come on the boards for some info to see if anyone has been catching at either one of those two spots.

If you guys are interested in meeting, sounds good to me.

Jack&7
10-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Guys...

It is Sunday AM and my Dad and I will be heading out to Clear lake for some pike.

Jeff...PM sent.

We'll let you know how it goes.

Dean

jts1
10-25-2009, 09:02 AM
thinking the wife and I will go down as well. Are just going to do shore fishing today. Wonder if its still weedy as heck down there. If it is I guess PCR is right down the road. Will be driving my wifes lil red SX 2.0

nicemustang
10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
How did you do? I was unable to walk sunday due to walking a million kms hunting sat, too tired to get off the couch lol.

slingshotz
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
How's Clear fishing? Have to head down before it freezes over.

We went out to Cataract for one last fly fishing trip on Sunday and boy was it cold, on the bonus side it was very peaceful with not a soul around. Only managed one little brookie but at least I got it on the Tenkara rod and it's awesome. Can't wait until next year to hit the little streams.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/limes8888/Cataract%20Creek/P1000310-small.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/limes8888/Cataract%20Creek/P1000317-small.jpg

Jack&7
10-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey guys...

I spent all kinds of time getting things ready...gear, making sure the boat was good to go, packing lunch, etc.

And when everything was done and all was packed and ready to go, I hooked up the trailer and found I had no trailer lights...except for running lights when the headlights are on. No brakes, turn signals, hazards. I started checking everything. Plugs, fuses, connections...everything. Getting more frustrated by the minute since good fishing time was being wasted. I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT! :mad3: Checked and re-checked...and I am still baffled since everything worked fine last time.

I finally gave up at 2 pm since the drive is 90 minutes to get to Clear.

So frustrated and disappointed...

So I hope somebody at least went there and got something. I guess I have to wait for hard water now, since it is hunting season right around the corner for me!

WayneChristie
10-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey Will, good thing you had the net along for that monster!! :lol: still fun anyways, no matter what size they are! beautiful country too, you cant beat it!