PDA

View Full Version : is it worth fixing?

ghostguy6
10-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I just found an old Shimano AX300 that needs a new handle assembly. The rest of the reel is in really good shape. Does anyone know roughly what the reel is worth and how much it would be to get a it repaired? All I could find online is that the model has been discontinued. Im thinking it might be good to keep for a spare or loaner rod.

Geezle
10-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Not sure what it's worth, but give The Reel Doctor a call and they might be able to give you an idea what it'll cost to get it fixed up.

TJG
10-24-2009, 04:50 PM
I just found an old Shimano AX300 that needs a new handle assembly. The rest of the reel is in really good shape. Does anyone know roughly what the reel is worth and how much it would be to get a it repaired? All I could find online is that the model has been discontinued. Im thinking it might be good to keep for a spare or loaner rod.

That handle was $30.00 b4 shipping
The rod and reel combo is $40.

ghostguy6
10-24-2009, 08:05 PM
I took it to the Reel Doctor today, they quoted me $12 for the handle.

DarkAisling
10-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Years ago I would have said "toss it." I'm in rehabbing mode now, though. Fixing it will be lighter on your wallet and keep it out of a landfill :)

honda450
10-25-2009, 09:26 AM
I lost some parts to my Daiwa baitcaster a few years back. I contacted them and they sent me the parts I needed and mailed them out to me free. It was also a discontinued model. :wave:

TJG
10-25-2009, 11:24 AM
I took it to the Reel Doctor today, they quoted me $12 for the handle.

Awesome, guess I called the wrong repair man! ;)

Battery
10-25-2009, 11:43 AM
hey guys sorry to hijack the thread, but is there a reel doctor in calgary? My dad has an old mitchell reel that he loves but its not working so good so he cant use it, i'd like to get it fixed for him for his birthday or christmas. Thanks guys

ghostguy6
10-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Try Ritchie's in Airdrie 945-2805. 605 First St Airdrie.

buckfever
10-27-2009, 12:24 PM
i would say get a new real, IMO, some fluger's at WWS dropped in price (shockingly) most by $3, or even a shacksphere cant remember the name, at wws its 46.99, ornge, 10ball bearings, reverse thread, IMO best bang 4 your buck in the lower cost reals. if u wana move up to the 50-150 range check out any fluger try and find one with a mag. bail.

walleyeca
11-02-2009, 06:52 AM
hey guys sorry to hijack the thread, but is there a reel doctor in calgary? My dad has an old mitchell reel that he loves but its not working so good so he cant use it, i'd like to get it fixed for him for his birthday or christmas. Thanks guys

Hey friend this is Trevor here from The Reel doctor, feel free to send me that reel I have the largest supply of those 50 year old mitchell parts in the world! or go to my website www.mitchellparts.com Ill refurbish that reel so it looks like you just bought it 50 years ago and your dad would be tickled to get his kids keepsake back in original condition for christmas! We also repair all types and models of reels!