PDA

View Full Version : New to the Board!

noslack
10-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Hey fellow fisher-people!

I recently moved to the Slave Lake area from Ottawa. Back at home I fished for pike, bass, walleye but mostly trout!!

I'm a big fan of Ice fishing aswell.

And as I've been doing some research on the area, it turns out to be pretty good area for fishing.

I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum with great post and awsome pics of big fish (i hope).

Take care, and if any of you would like to share some spots to get me started that would be great.

yeah people will say anywhere around Lesser Slave Lake, i'm just looking for a spot to fish from shore. I'm moving into my new house today.

Again thanks all!

jts1
10-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the forum. You will find a great group of guys on here. Sounds like you are in a great area for fishing. cant wait to see your pics of the monster. Good luck and stay safe out there.

Skyhoof
10-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Welcome noslack!

There are lots of great and friendly people on the forum! Who are rich in knowledge and not afraid to share them.

I just got into fishing this year and I never fished up in the lesser slave lake area (yet!), so I can't help you in that department. I'm sure someone will points you to a few nice spots to fish from shore.

Best of luck fishing :wave:

Skyhoof

noslack
10-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

here's a couple to get your mouth watering!!

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs207.snc1/7417_144512786506_515011506_3087620_6621657_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs207.snc1/7417_144512801506_515011506_3087622_6749537_n.jpg

these were caught in a tributary of Lake Ontario.

firegod74
10-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Welcome to Slave!
I don't know if they are still biting or not but most people fish at the weir just downstream of the bridge on Highway 88.
If you know where the POINT Marina is I've seen lots of people fishing off the big metal bulkheads along the river.
As for Icefishing you will have to be carefull. We get a big pressure ridge that turns a chunk of the ice into a minefield. Go to Canyon Creek or Widewater and follow the trail till you get out by the huts. Any other path and your first icefishing trip may not be that pleasant. As for spots to fish its pretty easy. There is a ridge around the lake. When you get out there you will see the huts are all in a line. Or 2 lines. The one further out is where you will find walleye, jacks and ling. The line closer to shore has a better chance for perch.

Fishfinder
10-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Welcome! Gr8 forum. Lotsa info, advice, n laughs. Don't live in ur area so can't help ya there. My advice, seek a river and enjoy! I am heading out now for some eyes...i hope:)GO OILERS GO!!!!

noslack
10-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Hey guys I really appreciate the warm welcome!

I should've been more clear on where i live. I bought a house in the Hamlet of Kinuso.

right near the narrows...i guess??

anyways i was looking at the regs and arctic grayling are still open, (zero catch limit until the end of the month) and i don't eat fish often enough to keep. unless it's a nice and tasty brook trout..

can one still fish for grayling even if the season closes at the end of the month???

notagoodtroutfisher
10-25-2009, 08:53 AM
welcome...Nice Fish

noslack
10-25-2009, 08:54 AM
thanks man, i'm hoping to hook onto some brutes of that caliber while i'm here.

DANOMAN
10-25-2009, 12:10 PM
no slak from me !! lol see you can run but you can't hide @@ welcome to the alberta site and i still want that ice fishing shack !! :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

noslack
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Dan, you are crazy!! lol good times!!

you'll be the first one i'll contact when i drop my price for the clam.

thanks for the warm welcome Dan!

Geezle
10-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Welcome aboard! :wave:

Lots of great folks here on the board, and I know there's at least a few guys out around Slave who I'm sure will help get you started out there :)

Sundancefisher
10-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Hey fellow fisher-people!

I recently moved to the Slave Lake area from Ottawa. Back at home I fished for pike, bass, walleye but mostly trout!!

I'm a big fan of Ice fishing aswell.

And as I've been doing some research on the area, it turns out to be pretty good area for fishing.

I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum with great post and awsome pics of big fish (i hope).

Take care, and if any of you would like to share some spots to get me started that would be great.

yeah people will say anywhere around Lesser Slave Lake, i'm just looking for a spot to fish from shore. I'm moving into my new house today.

Again thanks all!

Welcome! Great to have you to the board also!. There is a great group of people on this site...

fish-man
10-26-2009, 03:00 PM
It's been years, but I remember catching quite a few fish right off the docks at the town and marina at Slave. Just gotta go early morning and just before dark.

ULTRAlite
10-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Heyo :wave:

Welcome

Drano
11-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. You will find a great group of guys on here. Sounds like you are in a great area for fishing. cant wait to see your pics of the monster. Good luck and stay safe out there.

X2 welcome aboard...

w_worbeck
11-01-2009, 07:58 PM
You will find that in the winter you are at one of the best places to get some big pike.. The narrows are good for ice fishing and some of the bigger walleye.
come to the opening of open water fishing season you will be abel to catch walleye about every cast and mos right of shore we were fishing in 2 feet of water and pulling out 3# average. I have a cabin in joussard and do a bit of ice fishing up there most every year i Have never been skunked on slave lake. there are lots of hundred fish daysup there in the spring.there are also a number of good perch lakes within an hour of kinuso.like snipe and utikuma both great 3 speices lakes.with larger than average Perch..

noslack
11-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks worbeck!

some people say the river is closed but i can't seem to find that in the regs, so i'm going to the FW office tomorrow on lunch break to see what they say.

yeah i can't wait for the ice. i stopped in at Grizzly Ridge Honda and had a look at the 09 tundra, and for the price can't go wrong.

well tight lines everybody!