PDA

View Full Version : AOL gathering....near the Hat!

Fishfinder
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Ok all, getting envious of all these good times without us Hat folk...all 4 of us on the forum hehe. I think next spring ( i say that cuz i sm not a icefisherman) u have ur next gathering closer to the Hat. Perhaps the forks for various fish er Rattlesnake for a pikefest? Would like to meet u all, share tactics n styles n stuff. Ta ta 4 now...:wave:

Walleyes
10-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I would be into this one..

tonyflyfish
10-25-2009, 09:05 PM
i would travel there for a gathering

Sandalius
10-25-2009, 09:35 PM
i would travel there for a gathering

Tony come on now, you would travel just about anywhere for a
AO Gathering - just for the food :lol: Never mind the fishing :lol:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
10-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Id be down for that I fished Rattlesnake Reservoir for the first time this summer . :love::love::love: Also fished a few others .

Fishfinder
10-26-2009, 07:28 AM
I'll bring the topic up closer to spring and hopefully something can b arranged. Can't believe I`m already talking about spring when the white stuff hasn`t even fallen yet arrrrr:lol: Cheers!

calgarygringo
10-26-2009, 08:03 AM
What are the camping facilities like there. Several of us being our trailers for the outings. Don't need fancy spots but enough room to make a roundup of wagons when we come to town?

Walleyes
10-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Lots of good camping but lets not do Rattlesnake,, thats all there is out there is slime snakes and small ones to boot. There are a lot better lakes to go to that have better camping. Even Newell out by Brooks it would be a little more central for everyone and the fishing is by far better than Rattlesnake..

honda450
10-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Dang now why am I going to come to a waste land like Medicine Hat when I live in Northern Alberta?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ya guys got any trees within sight?:lol:

Walleyes
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Cause I will have a cold beer waiting for yah and I will show you how to catch some Walleye for a change :lol: :lol: :lol: That in its own should be enough. I am sure you are dying to know what a Walleye looks like no ???? :lol: :lol:

honda450
10-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Dang Walleyes I was catchin Walleye while you were still in diapers. :evilgrin:

Now the cold beer bit I could get into.:lol::lol::lol:

WayneChristie
10-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Wife and I are in for sure! Not sure about Newell tho, hard to get campsites for a lot of people , and you need a decent size boat to fish it and not all of us have those. Still lots of good places to go tho in the area.
Worse come to worse tho you could all put the trailers in our yard, we have lots of room, and 20 minutes to Newell or RHR

tonyflyfish
10-26-2009, 05:15 PM
to heck with the trailers let's all just stay in Waynes house! I would camp anywhere the trailer fits and of course I could go a few days early to get spots. Abbey wants a site near Jet.

jts1
10-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Gathering huh. You bet.. I lived there for a few years

WayneChristie
10-26-2009, 06:24 PM
we could grab some spots at the forks, beforehand, then we could party all night, if anyone is up for that :innocent::innocent: and keep the lines out for sturgeon too. never know what we would pull out of the river there. I know, hypocrite :D

Walleyes
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Yup the forks is a cool place.. There is also my favorite haunt,, 40 Mile Res. Lots of camping room there and decent fishing from shore or out of a boat..

WayneChristie
10-26-2009, 07:11 PM
also the group campground at Chin, that would be a great spot, we could have a whole campground to ourselves! now we just have to get this #@$% :lol: winter over with!!!

Fishfinder
10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
The forks would be awesome but not sure how big some of yall rigs are? May b tuff getting them in n outta there? I hear the place fills fast for weekends so some of us may have to get out earlier to hold some sites. 40 mile has tons of room for trailers for sure. Never been to Chin yet? Agreed Rattlesnake pretty much has 9000000 of the same size small pike and a boat helps for sure. Would prefer somewhere else. Don't have to be that close to the Hat as it is a ways for alot of u to drive. I'm easy. Either way, glad to see all the interest, looking forward to it. Lotsa time to pick a place to go. Cheers all:)

castaway
10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
count me in too. i'm new to this forum & don't have a boat but i've got a huge tent and lots of fishing & camping gear to share. :wave:

george 1979
10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
sounds like a great idea! Im up for meeting some outdoors guys in the area. and would be cool to put a face to the names.