PDA

View Full Version : trout pix; oct.25-pre-spawn brookies

troutpirate
10-25-2009, 08:20 PM
a few pictures of some brook trout i caught today and a rainbow from last week.

i love the fall colors on brook trout:love:

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/lanebohn/brookies-medi006.jpg

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/lanebohn/brookies-medi001.jpg

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/lanebohn/brookies-medi002.jpg

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/lanebohn/brookies-medi007.jpg

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/lanebohn/brookies-medi009.jpg

ULTRAlite
10-25-2009, 08:43 PM
wow - beautiful fish there pirate :)

BobLoblaw
10-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Gorgeous footballs, Troutpirate!
Nice!

Nerdapres'
10-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Apparently WD40 works well as an attractant.

Sundancefisher
10-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Apparently WD40 works well as an attractant.

Nice pile of pics. Them brookies really are very colorful.

WD40 is a petroleum based product (NOT FISH OIL). It is deemed to be a pollutant. I would not use it on lures.

Cheers

Sun

The Fisherman Guy
10-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Really?!! Both of you guys? Going to ASSume that Trout Pirate is using that as an attractant? Come on guys, wake up.

I expected that from the president of the Nerdy ones, but Sun?

Great fish pics Pirate, nevermind the jealous ladies. Yarr :evilgrin:

fish_fanatic
10-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Great looking fish! Awesome job!! :)

I love the colors.. soo vibrant!

Walleyes
10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Darn nice looking fish troutpirate some real footballs..

Just a word though you really gots to clean up your pics before you post them on the internet..

Dish the can of lucky,, put away the WD-40 and get a fish stringer. Those beautiful cold water trout laying in the sun on the bottom of the boat in their own slime and dirt aren't getting any better to eat..

Its all your business and I really don't care what you are up to out there but you can't post pics like that and expect no repercussions...

troutpirate
10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
i doubt wd-40 would work as trout attractant and i wouldnt spray it on any of my flies, even if it did.

i use it for my super squeky/stiff electric motor.

at least im finally getting some replies to my picture threads, though.

BigRackLover
10-26-2009, 11:23 AM
nice pics.

WD40 works (sometimes)

troutpirate
10-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Darn nice looking fish troutpirate some real footballs..

Just a word though you really gots to clean up your pics before you post them on the internet..

Dish the can of lucky,, put away the WD-40 and get a fish stringer. Those beautiful cold water trout laying in the sun on the bottom of the boat in their own slime and dirt aren't getting any better to eat..

Its all your business and I really don't care what you are up to out there but you can't post pics like that and expect no repercussions...

its all there for a reason.

to get a few more people to reply than the measely 4 i got from the pix i posted on friday. seems to be working.

Walleyes
10-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Don't get discouraged by responses to your post's pirate its just the time of the year more than anything. Most peoples focus has turned to hunting this time of year. Wait until hunting season is over the fishing post's become very popular..

Penner
10-26-2009, 12:41 PM
its all there for a reason.

to get a few more people to reply than the measely 4 i got from the pix i posted on friday. seems to be working.

Well if it was to get a response you’re getting them. Nice fish, unfortunately I hope you get nailed for having a open container of alcohol in your boat next time around. I won’t even comment on the WD-40. :confused: Carma’s a b!tch.

The Fisherman Guy
10-26-2009, 12:43 PM
at least im finally getting some replies to my picture threads, though.

People are just jealous of the "new guy"! Your photo's are great man, keep posting!

Walleyes has a very valid point tho, you will get comments on certain things that some feel is unacceptable. Hey, I drink the Lucky and am stoked to see it is just as "lucky" for another fellow fisherman. As Walleyes pointed out, people might be biting their tongue when it comes to picture posts if there is something sensitive included in the pics.

If it is open to interpretation, you can rest assured it will be interpreted in a negative way before a positive one. Which is good in a way; perhaps those who do spray WD40 on their lures "just to try it out..." are now aware that it is detrimental to the environment, and will think twice before polluting our waters, because of the attention brought up by this kind of thing.

swishsmurf
10-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Nice fish man, These forums are good for a laugh! WD-40 in the bottom of your boat? First thing thought of was a squeaky motor, oh and who cares how you kept your fish until you were ready to eat them? as long as they are legal! I could see a problem if there was a bucket of chum and a GiLL net sitting in your boat....But a can of lucky and something as common as WD-40? one guy suggests you should clean up your photos? If they had taken a closer look they could see that the can of beer was added after with the use of photoshop just for him! :tongue2:

jinx
10-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Nice pics troutpirate :) where did you catch your fish??

TroutHunter
10-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Great pics. I've never been able to catch Brookies that size with any kind of consistancy. You should give us all a little hint as to where your getting them out of.

Anyway , keep the pics comming

Kevin C.
10-26-2009, 06:47 PM
WD 40 and can of lucky aside what the He!! is a spinning rod doing in your boat!!

fishstix
10-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Shiver me timbers... was that a lucky lager? Dar !! I havent caught a good size brookie in a while...
Nice pics though,Too bad everyone cant just enjoy them.
Fishstix!!

McLeod
10-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Nice fish. The camera you got must be a good one because the pictures turned out well. Heer's wishing it's a mild winter and there is not winterkill !

ULTRAlite
10-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Alot of times there are so many posts that I skim and miss alot. Within a few days it's on pg 3. That and I think alot of people have mammals on the brain this time of year.

Silverado
10-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I love brook trout!

goober
10-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Looks fantastic Pirate!!! I wish I had your combination of luck and skill when it came to Trout!!! Always love your pics!!

Cowtown guy
10-27-2009, 07:51 PM
People are just jealous of the "new guy"! Your photo's are great man, keep posting!

Walleyes has a very valid point tho, you will get comments on certain things that some feel is unacceptable. Hey, I drink the Lucky and am stoked to see it is just as "lucky" for another fellow fisherman. As Walleyes pointed out, people might be biting their tongue when it comes to picture posts if there is something sensitive included in the pics.

If it is open to interpretation, you can rest assured it will be interpreted in a negative way before a positive one. Which is good in a way; perhaps those who do spray WD40 on their lures "just to try it out..." are now aware that it is detrimental to the environment, and will think twice before polluting our waters, because of the attention brought up by this kind of thing.

How should something illegal be interpreted? After all that is what consuming alcohol in a boat is. Is it so hard to leave the beer at the launch and have it when the day is over? What about all the kids on the board, is this how they should view us as mentors?
The fish are great, just use common sense.

fishstix
10-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey cowtown guy, i dont think the pirate is looking to be a mentor. He was Just showing off some fish and everyone (you) and their dog has jumped down his throat. Pushing in their two cents, or less in your case.
Thanks but we dont need another "hall moniter" in here.
Fishstix!!

The Fisherman Guy
10-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Much to my chagrin, Cowtown guy makes a valid point. My rebuttle? Who are we to assume that beer was being consumed at the time of the photo?

Perhaps it was grabbed last minute, to use as a bailer? :wave:

This debate is perpetual, although it brings to light the fact that we are not all the same. That being said, I will be extra careful to scrutinize my photo's before I post them :)

Morph1
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
How should something illegal be interpreted? After all that is what consuming alcohol in a boat is. Is it so hard to leave the beer at the launch and have it when the day is over? What about all the kids on the board, is this how they should view us as mentors?
The fish are great, just use common sense.

Now you and your posse just crucify him for his deeds :lol::lol:
sorry TroutPirate but I had to do it, this image definitely will support his point
:lol::lol::lol:

How dare you transporting those granades !!!! :lol:

http://img269.imageshack.us/i/brookiesmedi006.jpg

fishman
10-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Know i know why i never post pictures as it seems that somebody will always find something wrong with it....the way the guy held the fish....the way he released it....the way he took the picture....etc etc.......................guys stop be a pain in the ass....this is suppose to be trading gossip or info or what ever u call it is not called beat up the guys picture and the reason probably is because u r jealous...........troutpirate is a friend of mine and how dare u judge him...........maybe a few of you should have a look at yourselfs............not all of you there is good people here to.............now the mud slinging will begin just watch

Morph1
10-27-2009, 10:45 PM
here is the image I wanted to attach.
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/morph0001/brookies-medi006.jpg

The Fisherman Guy
10-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Now that's a boat I could fish on! Tap me one of those grenades, and toss me one of those UNOPENED Lucky's!

fish-man
10-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Fishman, looks like there's 2 of us:)

Morph, that picture is hilarious... Troutpirate, those fish look awesome!!

troutpirate
10-27-2009, 11:22 PM
:lol:morph1 that picture is awesome:lol:

i already want to use that as my avatar:lol:

thanx for the comments

hockeyfish
10-28-2009, 12:09 AM
nice trout...they look tasty too

Anybody know of any place where you can catch brookies near redmonton

thanks

spopadyn
10-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Morph - now that is funny s***! I love it and agree with all who need the hall monitoring to stop. After all, how could he be a trout pirate if he wasn't using grenades and drinking heavily! Sweet trout (might be a bit mushy though after the explosion). Also, Morph, you should have had a bunch of brookies floating on the water....

ctd
10-28-2009, 09:12 AM
LOL awesome fish.

As for the comments on the WD40 and the beer. Grow up, who cares if a guy has a beer or two while out fishing. That was a great law:mad2:, you probelly complained about the boat operators card.

Why didn't you say anything about him not wearing a life jacket? That afterall is the most responsible thing we can do as mentors to others while on the water. :rolleye2:

Again great fish.

Cowtown guy
10-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Hey cowtown guy, i dont think the pirate is looking to be a mentor. He was Just showing off some fish and everyone (you) and their dog has jumped down his throat. Pushing in their two cents, or less in your case.
Thanks but we dont need another "hall moniter" in here.
Fishstix!!

I didn't jump down his throat as you are doing to me. I told him how nice the fish are and to please use some common sense.
I doesn't matter if anyone here is looking to be a mentor. There are kids that use this site and look up to us. There are also "other groups" if we can say that, that check in here from time to time just to see what goes on, hoping to use an image or two to promote their garbage whenever they can.
If everyone thinks before they post a pic then we don't need monitors. I agree.

Cowtown guy
10-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Much to my chagrin, Cowtown guy makes a valid point. My rebuttle? Who are we to assume that beer was being consumed at the time of the photo?

Perhaps it was grabbed last minute, to use as a bailer? :wave:

This debate is perpetual, although it brings to light the fact that we are not all the same. That being said, I will be extra careful to scrutinize my photo's before I post them :)
Thanks TFG. You got me on the bailer.:lol: Thats a good one.
I in no way intended do be a douche. I think that we as a community should just spend 5 seconds looking at a pic before we post it. Heck I have pics I won't show family.:D

Cowtown guy
10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
To Trout Pirate. No offense intended. I think the quality of the fish you posted are fantastic. I wish I had brookies like that around here.
I truly wasn't trying to be a jerk. Just having a discussion about what should or should not be posted. I'll take it elsewhere so your thread stays your own.

Keep on slamming the big ones and stay safe.

lucky_magic_stick
10-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Trout pirate nice pics as usual keep them coming.Man you catch some great looking fish.Cheers Andy

AlbertaOutdoorsmen19
10-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Great pictures , I love the fall colors.
Oh and my little 2 cents about the beer. I'm sure majority of you have all had a beer while fishing. So watch where your pointing your finger...

The Fisherman Guy
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey Trout Pirate, you got plenty of replies to this thread!

Heck, I'm taking notes!