PDA

View Full Version : another post for information....(looking to launch 20ft pontoon)

Pontoon Johnny
07-06-2007, 02:00 AM
I am looking to lauch my 20ft pontoon.

It is on a bunk style trailer, and needs to get pretty deep to launch.

The lauch on the north end of pigeon was PERFECT.

Are there any people on this site, that can inform me as to where I can forsure lauch this monster?

I am looking not to repeat trips similar to the one out to battle lake the other day, that saw us heading somewhere else after we could not launch.

Thanks and GOOD FISHING ALL!!

Johnny

-NDN-
07-06-2007, 05:46 AM
the launch at Chump is pretty good, but the step downhill curve might be a bit intimidating. Fishin Friends is a good launch too. Hmmmmmmmmm you talking about one of those big huge party boats right???

Cam-hunter
07-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Shaw's Point Resort has 2 launches that will work fine for you if you want to travel a little bit and dam good fishing as well

Pontoon Johnny
07-07-2007, 01:12 AM
yup, it's the "party" boat.

I wanted it cause I can take a few people on the boat, and all will be more than comfortable.

I really get on the water to get away from the city/people..and become one with the fish...not really a "party", but I enjoy myself.

Chump, that is "Johnson" lake, is it not? Went ice fishing there last year twice, never got a nibble....the water was really dark...I had never been to the lake, so I am sure I was just in the wrong spot.

Shaw's point, I am not sure where that is, I will have to check that out.

Thanks for the info guys!!

GOOD FISHING!!

Johnny

Pontoon Johnny
05-23-2009, 11:03 PM
any more info on where the launches will let a guy launch a boat of this length...pls let me now.

I just had a trip to battle...wanted to check it out.

We drove back home...hit the lake LATE...and there was no way we were getting the boat ...back on the trailer....lol...we did have it rocking back, almost off...when i thought...WAIT....this is going to suck to get back on...LOL.

Cheers!!

Good Luck ALL!!

surhuntsalot
05-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Cold Lake .... At the marina. You can launch anything, including 30' + sailboats there... Might cost you $6, but the lake trout fishings been awsome.

Good Luck

-JR-
05-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Wabaman is the best for around edmonton .I see alot 20 plus boats get placed into the water with out get the tires wet on the truck !
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/Homewreacker/Picture019.jpg

Pontoon Johnny
05-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the info guys..

I wish every launch was like the one at wab...I mean drives me nuts when i drive for 2 hours, just to have to head to a different lake...or submerge my new truck into 4 ft of water....(yes i know...i know...bad bad bad!!...LOL).

cheers!!