PDA

View Full Version : Central Alberta Fishing Groups - Any?

Krisrf
10-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Are there any Central Alberta fishing groups that meet semi regularily or is it more or less this forum that get together on occasion?

KRF

Rainbow
10-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Krisrf;
When you say central Alberta,are you refering to the Edmonton area?

Rainbow

Krisrf
10-29-2009, 08:59 PM
I was actually referring to the Red Deer and surrounding area, but quite honestly if there was such a group in Edmonton or Calgary I would be interested as well. Thanks in advance for any such info.

Kris

Rainbow
10-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Hi Kris
There are two groups in Edmonton that meet regularily.
One is the Northern lights/Trout Club that meets weekly.Just google Northern lights fly tyers for a contact number.
The other one that meets weekly/monthly is the Edmonton Oldtimers Fishing Club.You have to be 50 and over to join.Let me know and I can give you a contact name and phone number by PM.

Rainbow:wave:

tchow
10-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi Kris
There are two groups in Edmonton that meet regularily.
One is the Northern lights/Trout Club that meets weekly.Just google Northern lights fly tyers for a contact number.
The other one that meets weekly/monthly is the Edmonton Oldtimers Fishing Club.You have to be 50 and over to join.Let me know and I can give you a contact name and phone number by PM.

Rainbow:wave:

I have a couple of years to go before I can join the latter !!!:D:D

mooseknuckle
10-30-2009, 10:14 PM
I have a couple of years to go before I can join the latter !!!:D:D

Well let's create one!! With out people on their way out? I'm in, anyone else? we'll call it something cool? Any suggestions?

Krisrf
10-31-2009, 10:04 AM
I have a similar problem in that I'm only a bit better then 20 years out to join that one club. I'm interested in something that isn't specific to fly fishing and possible more specific to lake fishing for fish such as walleye, pike, perch, etc. Any other interest out there in the area within 1.5 hours from Red Deer and perhaps it is something worthwhile starting.

hard_azz
11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
i am very interested and im sure i know one or 2 ppl that would also be interested.... i work out of town quite a bit but i would deffinately kill one of my days off b/s ing bout fishing.... keep it posted on here and hopefully i catch it lol