PDA

View Full Version : Halibut fishing in BC - need guide recommendations

Bill_K
11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to take my 20 y/o son halibut fishing in BC (Prince Rupert) and am looking for recommendations for guides/outfitters/lodges. Alternatively, if you could point me to where I could find this information myself, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Bill

Paul C
11-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I would pick one that is far north on Vancouver Island. The fishing aroud the Vancouver area is hit and miss for Salmon and Halibut.
Enjoy your trip.:D

Walleyes
11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Not familiar with any off hand up in the Rupert area but the island holds a few. We have a member on here that is a charter out of the north island ,, Dss44 drop him a P.M. I am sure he will give you all the info you need..

Bill_K
11-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys - will pm as per your responses.

Bill

eman05
11-02-2009, 11:26 PM
hello there,
Im originally from there and there are many charters running out of Rupert these days. You just have to decide what you want in your trip. MCA fishing charters, run by a guy named Maynard is someone I know. I also suggest calling the local small tackle shop, Traylings. They should have a link to direct charters or at least point you in the right direction. There is a reason it used to be the Halibut capital of the world! have a great trip!

Eman

dollfin
11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
If your interested in great fishing our buddy runs a charter company out of Port Hardy here is his link:)

http://www.tidesandtales.com/

dss44
11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
If you are stuck on Prince Rupert I've heard good things about Terry's Charters, I'm not 100% sure he does just day charters though...if open to northern Van Island, give me a shout. Is it only halibut you are interested in or other bottom feeders and salmon too?? Check out Terry's website www.terryscharters.com, and feel free to check out ours as well, www.serengetifishingcharters.com.

Pics speak for themselves. Also, what time of the year are you thinking? All these kinds of things make a difference as to where to go and who to go with. Just give me a PM if you'd like anymore help, whether heading to Rupert or up our way. Cheers :)

DANOMAN
11-04-2009, 03:38 PM
if you go to Uclulet BC on the island when i was there i used to meet the boats at the harbor when they came back from the ocean and the halibut they had on board was awesome the biggest halibut caught that week was 109 lbs if you head down to the docks you can ask about chartering and you will get different prices from almost everyone some guys are harder up for business that others
good luck !!

mayuan
11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I go to Black Gold Lodge every year. The place is a no frills lodge, but I seem to max out on limits every year. The price is really good too.

http://www.blackgoldlodge.com/