PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant feathers for fly tying????

whitetail Junkie
11-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know if its legal or not to sell pheasant feathers? Dad and I just got our pheasant limit today,we have four big roosters that have colorful feathers.I figured that I would keep the feathers for a friend who lives in medicine hat,however later in the day I met a fellow hunter at a gas station in milk river and he told me that he sells his pheasant featheres to fly fisherman.Is that legal or not?? I just dont know?:confused:

WayneChristie
11-03-2009, 08:03 PM
The selling, buying, bartering, soliciting or trading in wildlife or wildlife parts, or offering to do so, is regulated under the Wildlife Act and Regulations. Many transactions are strictly prohibited, while others are regulated. For further information, please contact a Fish and Wildlife Division office.
Guess you would have to make a call to be sure.

whitetail Junkie
11-03-2009, 09:14 PM
The selling, buying, bartering, soliciting or trading in wildlife or wildlife parts, or offering to do so, is regulated under the Wildlife Act and Regulations. Many transactions are strictly prohibited, while others are regulated. For further information, please contact a Fish and Wildlife Division office.
Guess you would have to make a call to be sure.

Good Idea!!!