PDA

View Full Version : Fishin in Cabo

icefever
11-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Going to Cabo on Saturday, anyone know of a good outfit to go fishing with. I'll be there for 10 days hope to get out a couple of times

Rigg dogg
11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I went last year in Mid November. Went with an outfit called Baja anglers.
They have an office in the Marina, there are a few others there as well.

Caught a few Striped marlin and some small Rooster fish. They will provide you with Fly fishing gear if you want to try catching a Marlin on the fly.

Pretty good outfit, they have had a few articles in Marlin magazine.

Here's a post from last year http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=23431

Should be pretty good fishing, they just had the Tournament a few weeks ago. Sounds like there was lots of fish.

Here's a link on the tournament
http://www.marlinmag.com/article.jsp?ID=1000077697&cmpid=enews102709

Give the buggy's a try over at Wide Open Baja. They are a blast.

wideopenbaja.com

icefever
11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks Rigg Dogg will give it a try

tikka270
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
The family and I were there this past Feb. and being the greedy person that I am I chartered a boat for myself (no arguments over who gets the next fish...its ME!!!:lol:) with Gaviota. The boat was a little thread bare but no problems and the crew did not speak a word of english but we made do and it was one of my favourite fishing trips of all time. The one thing you have to keep in mind is that they will likely take to the Golden Gate which is about a 2 hour ride there and 2 hours back....so you have a limited time fishing. I think it ran me about $500US but was worth every penny to me. My first but not last time deep sea fishing. I was able to land 3 striped marlin one of which was 210lbs as well as a couple of Mahi Mahi the largest was 58lbs. Man what a blast! A definite do over!

We are thinking about going to the Bahamas this year so I may have to slide a Blue Marlin trip in there? :evilgrin:

Good luck and enjoy!

seahawkfisher
11-06-2009, 05:15 PM
i'm not headin that way till the end of december; not the best for big fish then but you should do well
be sure to post a report!
good luck