PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lk Report "Feelin Free"

Dark
07-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Fished Calling Fri from 6 pm untill midnight and Sat 5:30am untill 11am fishing was great many fish up to 7 lbs sat morning was the best. Used jigs tipped with minnows and worms didn,t seem to matter about color. Fished VW point.
I would like to thank the 2 young guys in the 15 ft yellow top and white bottom boat with the black stripe on one side and the Chrysler motor called FEELING FREE for wrecking a great trip as we watched these two monkeys catch walleye after walleye right besides us and put them on thier stringer
(1/2" yellow rope) only to catch a bigger one and trade it with a smaller one from thier stringer.It took us awhile to figure out what they were up to and As soon as they realized we had caught them they packed up and left. Next time I will have my camera and cell phone. So for any of you guys fishing calling keep an eye on these guys it's a shame that some one would kill a 4 lb walleye to trade it for a 5lb walleye.

wildman
07-09-2007, 11:51 AM
hey D,
that truely is a serious A-HOLE move!!!!
you may want to call it in to "report a poacher" and give them a detailed description of the boat and the losers in it.
they are quite good at keeping records and watching for reported individuals.
we've seen fish-cops every time we've been to calling this year.
even if they are not caught actually culling, odds are good scum like that will have other illegal activity on the boat for the f'n'g guys to catch.
heck, you might even get a reward!!!
truely hope they get theirs....:mad3: :mad2: :mad3: :mad2:
gw

-NDN-
07-09-2007, 12:27 PM
sounds like a good weekend other than the crapheads. you should call it in anyways, you never know, just give a description

Dark
07-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey NDN you want to go fishing let me know when your free I go just about every weekend. We usually fish for walleyes friday night and come home sat morning.

-NDN-
07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
thx for the invite, ive got a few invites floating around still, but i work friday nights 99% of the time and get home around 3am to 5am depending on weather and roads.:( usually i get to fish on sundays, or saturday evenings. :)

catch any big pike at calling lately???

Dark
07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
One pike about 8 lbs but we are thinking of hitting Sebert real soon we were there last year and caught some dandys largest being 40".

FisherPotch
07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a unique boat. May make it easy for f'n'g to pinpoint.

tyu33
07-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Hey Dark, I was at Calling on Wed. last week and it was slow. We got on the water at 9:00 am and didn't catch anything till 11:30. We started at VW point and never even had a bite. There were 3 other boats around us that didn't catch anything either. Talked to a few of the others and they said that it was good early in the AM. but slowed down later. We then went to the tower and caught a few trolling, nothing big about 4lbs. was the biggest. We went back to VW point and trolled and jigged there for a few more hours and left around 6:00 pm. I hate leaving that early but it was a smoking hot day and it really felt good going home in a nice air conditioned truck! Heading back on Thursday, so if I get a chance I'll give you an update.

Dark
07-10-2007, 11:05 AM
We had our best luck just befor VW point in about 11 to 12 ft of water we anchored and jigged worms and minnows both seemed to be working. Ya it seemd to slow down around 10 am

tyu33
07-10-2007, 11:55 AM
One guy we talked to said he was anchored in about 9' of water and was casting into 4' to 5' with minnows on a jighead and he said that worked well.

tyu33
07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
We talked to one guy that said he was anchored in about 9', and was casting a jig with a minnow into about 5' of water, and he said they had good luck with that but nothing over 4lbs.

mark-edmonton
07-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Isn't just the young ones culling the catch either. I saw a sixty something couple do it at least twice on slave lake last sat.

wildman
07-11-2007, 07:04 AM
REPORT THEM!!!!!!!
if you do nothing, you're part of the problem.
it means these a-holes know they will get away with it!!!!!
REPORT THEM!!!!!!!

wake
07-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Sounds like a easy boat to spot and nail,keep your eyes peeled for that boat and if possible take down a description.They know the rules and if you want to break them then you need to pay the price.:mad3:

tyu33
07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Was at Calling yesterday, and it was HOT!! Not the fishing just the temperature. Got on the water at about 8:00am and got off at about 5:00pm. Only caught 6 Walleye. Tried everything from trolling,to casting to jigging, drifting (when there was a breeze), used minnows, leeches,worms, etc.Tried many different lures and presentations, but nothing seemed to get them to bite. The finder was marking fish, but couldn't get them to bite. Went to VW point first for about 2 hrs. and never had a hit, so we went by the tower and had a couple hits but weren't able to land them. Saw one other boat pull one in but nothing from the rest of the boats there(about 8 bother boats). Went back to VW point cause a friend in another boat called and said that he and his son had caught a couple. We finally caught the first one at about 12:30, spent the rest of the time there. The biggest was 4lb14ounces. My friend and his son were staying overnight so when they get back I'll give an update on how well the evening fish went for them.
No sign of the boat you had discribed earlier, but did see some water bombers practicing filling up with water and dumping over some trees near the lake, that was fun to watch.