PDA

View Full Version : Boats

Dewie
07-09-2007, 10:29 PM
My buddy bought a boat from the states last weekend and saved a pile of money.He bought a 2001 Ranger 620 with a merc 225 opti-max for $17000.

To look at some cheap boats go to

www.boattrader.com
www.walleyecentral.com
www.walleyesinc.com

Lots of pros old boats for sale.

Walleyes
07-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Not to be rude but I don't think he got such a great deal considering the year...
Ranger boats are not really made for our waters.. Personally you couldn't give me one...

Dewie
07-09-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't think you have ever been in a ranger boat because we were in 4 foot waves in the same boat at slave and hardly felt a thing. And also price out a few rangers and see what there worth. Yes your Lunds are a little more expensive but your only paying for a name and I haven't seen to many 20foot Boats do 55 miles/hour loaded.

Walleyes
07-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Sorry but when you own a Lund you not only pay for the name but you pay for quality which is why they are the most popular boat on the water...
I haven't seen to many 20foot Boats do 55 miles/hour loaded.

Own one / on the salt chuck at Sooke...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/scan0001.jpg

Dewie
07-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Nice boat. looks like the kids are having fun too. Just wondering what size of motor is on the back of that thing. You are absolutly right about Lunds they are great boat hope nothing goes wrong cause try to get warrantee work done from dealer.

P.S. can I pick out a lund owner or what, just like picken out Dodge owners, they always trash every think else lol

Walleyes
07-09-2007, 11:09 PM
175 Evinrude E-TEC Saltwater Special... Warranty work will be done at local dealer,,, without a doubt no problems... Once again one of the advantages of a small town,, everyone knows everyone...

I owned 1 Dodge in my life that was enough,,, never again....

Dewie
07-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Its funny how it dosen't matter what the product is people have there own opinions of things,trucks, cars,RVs,Quads,Boats etc. Thanks for playing along and not being rude. Happy trails.

Walleyes
07-09-2007, 11:38 PM
To you to dewie,,, good times my freind...,

crestliner192
07-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Dewie as for the old pro boats for sale you can definately get good deals but with the pro boats once they sell the boat there is NO warranty left, even if the boat is only a year old.

As for a price on a new ranger, a new 619 with a 225 suzuki and most of the bells and whistles will run you about $ 57,000.

Dewie
07-11-2007, 04:50 PM
But a suzie is no merc. and you are right about the warraty, but buddy that just bought the boat is a marine mech. Well I guess you have to take a chance. But if I was in the market for a boat thats what I would do. Plus the pros boats have all the fancy bells & whistles. Just giving the guys in the market for a boat a heads up on some good deals.

wapiti11
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Walleyes;
Lund the most popular boat on the water?? Maybe rivet boat? Have you seen a Habercraft or Marathon marine all welded boat?? Dewie is right there are alot of good used boats including rivet boats like Lund in the US Pacific Northwest for sale.
Cheers!
wapiti11

fishing101
07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
That is a good deal for a ranger and I have fished in a Walleye version of a ranger and maybe the best boat on the water. They are fast and with the new suzuki don't be surprised about the power and the reliablity of the suzuki. Lots of guys on the west coast are using them for guiding. The lund is a nice boat a little expensive for what you get, but my buddy in edmonton is sponsored by them so I can't say anything bad about them.

Walleyes
07-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Just a bit of a question for you boat experts,,, what do you own ?? what have you owned ??? and how much time out of a year, and where do you spend you're time on the water ???
Awnser these questions then bring you're expertise to the conversation.. Don't care what a buddy of a buddies says,,, bring evedince...

fishing101
07-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Well I guided for two years out of a 17 foot lund and another two years out of a 17 foot crestliner. I figure i spent about a 100 days a summer out in the best weather and some very nasty weather. In north western ontario for anything that swims and I have fished for a week in a lund during the pwt and the next year out of a ranger in the same pwt. So, I have been in a few boats and any walleye boat that can do 55 miles per hour is fast. So, I do have some experience. Also, the etec is a very nice motor, but I have heard good things about the suzuki's motor, but I have never fished out of a boat with one.

Dewie
07-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I own a 16 foot G3 jon Boat with a 30/40 yamaha for fishing the river. But I do fish the occasinal walleye turnament with a guy who is sponsord by harbercraft that gets a new boat every year and another guy who fishes ranger. no only are the way better than lund we tend to wave at them as we pass. Walleyes I didn't wan't to get into this with you but you made me. you bought a middle of the barrel lund with a terrible motor on it and anyone who has ever owend a boat knows it would never go even 45 MPH let alone 55 mph loaded with gear. Thats why I ended the conversation when I did....... You have a very nice boat and Iam not trashing it just do a little reaserch before you start an arrgument you know nothing about............:mad2:

P.S. Stop cutting peoples stuff down. if you don't like the post don't respond to it.

Walleyes
07-11-2007, 10:26 PM
dewie,, you have not the brain power nor the inteligence to require an anwser from me... So my freind,,, tap another,, roll another and carry on... You're picture pretty much sums it up...

Dewie
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Walleyes your right. Ill stop this right here. sorry to eveyone out there to had to read this thread, just thugh I could help a few people out. i guess ill just keep things to myself.

Walleyes........ Smile Ill pay for the sticthes.

FiveO
07-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Lets face it lots of good products out there. My personal choice is a Crestliner. When I was looking for boats I checked out the Marathon lineup but way out of my price range. I knew i wanted a welded not rivited boat, eventually rivets will leak and dont take the same pounding a weld will.
I compared the Lund to the Crestliner and Crestliner seemed to be a better boat for the same dollar.

Dewie is right about the deals south of the boarder boats, quads and trucks are a good buy for know. Buddy of mine just ordered four BPR 800XTR'S and saved about $3000.00 a piece landed.

walleyeca
07-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Ive owned a few tournament boats in my day and I have fished in a few more than that and by far and bar none the crestliner TS202 is superior its the same money as a lund but you dont get fancy clothes to wear with it lol

Walleyes
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
My personal choice is a Crestliner. When I was looking for boats I checked out the Marathon lineup but way out of my price range. I knew i wanted a welded not riveted boat, eventually rivets will leak and don't take the same pounding a weld will.
Well anyone that runs a Crestliner knows about leaky rivets in a few years,,,, Some people judge a boat by the bells and whistles put in it,, others judge by the quality of the hull and durability of the main components,,, but hey each to his own...
I have a 1982 16 ft Lund Pike in my yard that I inherited from my father when he passed away.. He bought the boat just before he retired and he pretty much lived in that boat for 15 years,.. That boat pounded water all over B.C, A.B. and Sask and out to the west coast for 4 months of the year,, and structurally it is as sound as the day it was new... Also have a 14 ft Lund for a run around that is probably close to 30 years old and again has been used hard for all those years and has yet to loose a rivet or have a leak...
But we could go at this for days,,, any boat person will tell you there is no such thing as the perfect boat,,, but there are good ones and bad ones... I go with what is proven....

crestliner192
07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
??????
Crestliner boats are welded, so how do you figure that a crestliner owner will know about leaky rivets in a few years, maybe if you own a lund you know about the rivets leaking.

FiveO
07-12-2007, 06:27 PM
dewie,, you have not the brain power nor the inteligence to require an anwser from me... So my freind,,, tap another,, roll another and carry on... You're picture pretty much sums it up...

Whats wrong with dewies pic? Yah shouldnt live in alberta if you havent shared a couple drinks with the fellas in a shanty with the mud flaps over the ears at -35.

crestliner192
07-12-2007, 07:27 PM

Dewie
07-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks FiveO. I love to have a good time with friends in an ice shack with 3 beds. But I guess because I have fun I am a little under class to some people. But don't you worry what goes around comes around....... And a liar is a liar and everyone Knows it. I just wanted to pass on the good word and a guy gets shot down.

FiveO
07-13-2007, 08:41 AM
I did some checking on the net and found a few wicked deals on boats called Fish Rite. They are a jet boat designed for both river and lakes and are a fraction of the cost of a Marathon setup if purchased down south.

Anyone ever hear of the Fish Rite?.

SNAPFisher
07-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the info Dewie. I've heard a lot of ranting and raving about Ranger boats. I don't know anything else about them personally though.

When looking at boats to buy this year I research all the lines offered in AB. Many, many good lines out there. The differences seem pretty minor to me. In the end I went with Crestliner but I also own a Lund. Both great.

P.S. Don't let some feature-riden nut-bar stop you from posting good information. Opinions are like __holes, everyone's got one. Including me :)