PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing: earliest you've ever gone?

kreator
11-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I stopped by Mile 7 Lake north of Lac La Biche and there is already 3 inches of ice on it. It's a small lake stocked with rainbows and if we get a quite a cold nights in a row, it won't be too much longer and I'll be out there on the ice. I know for a fact this lake have frozen over much earlier in the past, but it got me to thinking...what's the earliest you've ever caught fish through the ice, and where?

The Fish King
11-08-2009, 11:01 PM
first week of october a few years back. About 4-5 inches on the local trout lake.

Deano
11-09-2009, 12:45 AM
5:00 a.m. :)
Deano

wildman
11-09-2009, 08:30 AM
hey guys!!!!!!!
i too am crazy-excited for the start of ice on!!!!!!!
update fer ya, we were at a local pond yesterday and could not cast due to 1/4-1/3" of ice covering 90% of the water!!!!
kinda funny.....a group of geese were walking around on it and occasionally one would break thru and get soaked!!!
got to laugh at some animals at least :P
bring on the ice!!!!!!!!!!!
ps. we have to delay our annual 1st ice trip this year....usually the 3rd weekend of November.....

troutpirate
11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
before remembrance day every year for at least the last 15 years and yes i have ended up going for a swim a few times.

the latest i have ever ice-fished was last year when i ice-fished maligne lake on may 20 just after opening day.:D

huntin'fool
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
before remembrance day every year for at least the last 15 years and yes i have ended up going for a swim a few times.

the latest i have ever ice-fished was last year when i ice-fished maligne lake on may 20 just after opening day.:D

DUDE!!!
that's awesome, I've always wanted to ice fish maligne...did you catch anything??

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
11-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Earlyest was about 3 or 4 years ago 6 inches of ice and that was Early November .