PDA

View Full Version : Elk hunting

camoman
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I was in 314 all last week Elk hunting. The weather was just too hot,all the Elk would not come out to eat until really late around 10:00 pm till about 3:00am then back into the trees. The one morning where myself and the land owner went out together ,we thought forsure we would catch them out frist thing in the morning, when something went wrong. Every morning there were whitetail deer in the same field. We sat there from 6:00am till about 9:30-10:00 am and NOTHING came out. We said something was wrong. As we headed out we saw what was the matter.Some LOSIER had been out there the NIGHT before and shot a cow elk about a 4 year old and left it for dead. SHOT IT AT NIGHT, OFF THE ROAD, LEAVING IT FOR DEAD. That is what ruined the hunt. IT was sour by the time we found it at about 10:00am the next morning. We went back to his house for brunch, phoned the fish and wildlife they came out later to see it, also told us that about three miles west of the cow elk he just had a call from another landowner saying there was a BIG Bull moose also shot off road and left for dead. The officer was able to get the bullet from the cow elk. I really hope the catch the son of a Bit@$ . That just gives the rest of us a bad name, and ruined the hunt for us. :mad3:

marlin1
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
that really sucks, what a waste . heard some wolves in 314 on sunday morning , guess they'll get it if its close to them

camoman
11-09-2009, 10:47 PM
yes Im sure they have it all ready, Fish and wildlife had us get ride of it deep into the woods so the animals like the wolf and bear would not be a bother to the other hunters in the area. Yes we also listen the the wolves in the night air, we also got to see a big jet black male wolf . Guessing him to be about 150-160 pounds. We saw him right around 9:00 am on Saturday morning.But on the other hand I know the other animals have to eat but let them get there own, not have someone shoot it and leave it to waste in the middle of the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUNS DON'T KILL, STUPID PEOPLE WITH GUNS KILL.:mad3:

Grizzly Adams
11-09-2009, 10:49 PM
I've heard bits this story, over the last couple of days, from a couple of different sources and it sounds like a major wreck. I've heard some names bandied about, but that would be hearsay. The elk were apparently "goosed" to quote one of the alleged culprits, from the Coalcamp road area, across the river, the night before, to around Pioneer Lodge, where a bunch of the local Yahoos did a flock shoot the next morning. As well as a couple of bulls, several cows were apparently wounded or killed. One land owner told me he found the remains of a dead cow, on his place. I'm hoping F& W gets these bastards, most of whom have a history of this kind of crap. One of them, a former outfitter. Really choked me up, the first time I heard it, but I wasn't sure how much was rumor and what was real. Hang em High, I say.
Grizz