PDA

View Full Version : guest?

Tonto
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
How do you post as a guest? I joined because that's the only way I could figure out to post. Is there a secret password????

220swifty
11-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Why would you want to post as a guest when membership is free?

And lets say there was a secret password, and i told you, that wouldn't make it a secret any more now would it?:p

Tonto
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes, signing up was easy enough, it just surprised me when I saw that guest could post.

Rockymtnx
11-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, signing up was easy enough, it just surprised me when I saw that guest could post.

I don't think guests can post. I think that you may hae seen a post by a member who's name is "GUEST"

Tonto
11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
On the first page of the NHL thread, 8th post.

Albertadiver
11-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Ahh... what you're seeing is a post from Mr. Albertapiggy. He was banned thankfully. Members who get banned for some reason, or PM a mod to have their account turned off will show up as 'guest' or 'banned'. In this case, AlbertaHog's posts all now show up as guest.

Clear as mud eh?

Tonto
11-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Clear as mud, for sure!!! You would think it would say "banned". I guess that would be too easy.

Vindalbakken
11-09-2009, 10:24 PM
It would seem to me that a poster who has been "banned" for a period of time still has a membership and profile but they of course will not be able to use it. They show up with banned under their profile name. Some other folks have had their entire profile removed from the site for whatever reason and so their previous posts show up with guest under an inactive name link. Thankfully is not a universal descriptor for these events.

Albertadiver
11-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Thankfully is not a universal descriptor for these events.

In some cases, I'd respectfully dissagree, such as with the specific person referenced.

Vindalbakken
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Disagree with what? You believe that thankfully is apropos to all cases? Certainly it is apt in some.

Albertadiver
11-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Disagree with what? You believe that thankfully is apropos to all cases? Certainly it is apt in some.

Ok... I better understand what you're saying now, so I guess I don't disagree after all!