PDA

View Full Version : Do you get enough sleep?

mariazero1
11-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Hello everyone,

8 hours is the ideal hours to sleep per day. I try to sleep as much as 8 hours per day but I think its not enough because my body clock still haven't adjusted to my schedule. I sleep around 2 -11 am.

Anyway, do you get enough sleep? ;)

Geezle
11-10-2009, 05:52 AM
I try, but usually (like last night) I don't get nearly enough...:zzz::zzz:

edit: Just saw this is your first post...welcome to the board! :wave:

Nationwide
11-10-2009, 06:01 AM
Hello everyone,

8 hours is the ideal hours to sleep per day. I try to sleep as much as 8 hours per day but I think its not enough because my body clock still haven't adjusted to my schedule. I sleep around 2 -11 am.

Anyway, do you get enough sleep? ;) I dont get anymore then 5-6 hrs a night.:zzz:

BrownBear416
11-10-2009, 10:30 AM
8 hours lol Ya right

Rockymtnx
11-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Usually about 6.5 hours per day for me.

Okotokian
11-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I rarely get 8 hours a night, but I used to go to bed well after midnight and get up at 5. Now I more often go to bed before 11:00 and I feel much better.

sheephunter
11-10-2009, 10:42 AM
More like 8 hours some weeks...lol

No, I definitely don't get enough sleep, especially this time of year. My Mom says you can sleep when you're dead so hopefully that's the case. I get 5-6 hours most nights with the occasional 8-9 hour night.

Redfrog
11-10-2009, 10:58 AM
I used to get 8 hours a day sleep, but the boss found out and fired me. It is hard to find a company with a personnel department that understands the importance of uninterrupted sleep.:D

Now I have to snatch a few minutes here and there when "Yes Dear" is giving me "instructions". Actually she could put that talent to work in a sleep clinic. I'll suggest that to her the next time I'm out of town and can phone it in.:D

When I was young and really believe me there was a time when I was, I could run with best of them. Actually they could nearly keep up with me.

Then marriage and kids and old age came along and I seem to need more and more sleep and get less and less. The problem is that I can't sleep through now for fear of wetting the bed. :lol::lol:

Anytime I can get 6 hours uninterrupted, I'm gold. If I happen to be driving through a familiar area I can usually get a few naps along the way. No point is seeing the ground I've seen before, may as well snooze. :D I just put that left turn signal on and let set the cruise. I'm good for about ten minutes. By then some one in a hurry flies by on the horn and it wakes me up so I can get my bearings again.:wave:

I used to sneak a few winks when I was on my horse, but I swear as soon as he heard me snore he headed for a low branch. What a rude way to wake up. Especially if there is one of those football sized wasp nests on the branch. 0 to 100 in one second.:D

mtylerb
11-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I usually get 8 hrs, at least. Some days, like yesterday, I only get 5 hrs. Other days, like 2 Wednesdays ago (sick), I get 22 hrs. My problem is I can sleep through just about anything. I don't use alarm clocks (my cell phone) anymore because I've woken up, in the past, to find it has broken bouncing off walls. I've also slept through fire alarms and house alarms. Kind of frustrating, more than anything.

theduke
11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
5 hours at the most, some days less. i guess the saying goes ill sleep when i die.

artie
11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I am retired and a bachelor I get 10 hours. But the dog wakes me up about half way through to go outside for a few minutes.

doetracks
11-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Nope...

If I can sleep until 9, I'm VERY happy. However, hubby is up at 5:15 every morning so that's kind of a moot point :lol:

Stinky Buffalo
11-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Then marriage and kids and old age came along and I seem to need more and more sleep and get less and less. The problem is that I can't sleep through now for fear of wetting the bed.

Heh! I can relate!

5-6 hours for me... Haven't been able to sleep in much since the kids showed up... Sad part is, I end up catching up on hunting trips! :lol:

Stinky

mtylerb
11-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Heh! I can relate!

5-6 hours for me... Haven't been able to sleep in much since the kids showed up... Sad part is, I end up catching up on hunting trips! :lol:

Stinky

My sleep hasn't really changed since the boys came along. The boys are 11 and 22 months old. They usually wake up around 11:30 am. I change their diapers and give the youngest a bottle of milk and put him on the floor (from his crib). They are usually quite content to play around for a couple hours in their room. The youngest usually climbs up on to his brother's bed and, at some point, will start crying because he thinks he can't get down.

I can get a couple hours of catch up sleep while they're playing, though. I usually work till early morning hours, so it's nice that they're sleeping in.

moosemad
11-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Sleep Apnea. Would need to go to bed for 10 or 11 hrs to get 8 hrs sleep. On a side note doctors say if you can get 8 hrs of sleep per night it is a good deterent to aquiring H1N1.

WayneChristie
11-10-2009, 05:08 PM
sleep?:lol:

Tuc
11-10-2009, 05:13 PM
About 6-7 hours a night for me. Like to get a good solid 8 but usually up once or twice to water the donkey and sometimes can't get back to sleep.
Lots of insomniacs in our family....

Tundra Monkey
11-10-2009, 05:18 PM
The boys are 11 and 22 months old.

By my math you should have another one just about ready ;)

tm

Faststeel
11-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Sleep Apnea. Would need to go to bed for 10 or 11 hrs to get 8 hrs sleep. On a side note doctors say if you can get 8 hrs of sleep per night it is a good deterent to aquiring H1N1.

Hear you on that one, had it for years. Was always tired during the day and naping after supper.
So I finally got me a Cpap machine, didn't take too long to get used to the mask. Now I get great quality sleep every night. And no more snoring, ask my wife if she likes that.............FS

mtylerb
11-11-2009, 05:23 AM
By my math you should have another one just about ready ;)

tm

Lol, I was waiting for that. :lol::D

alacringa
11-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Would like to get my 8, but most of the time it's 5-6 at best...sometimes 9 or 10 (like last night). I do sleep very deeply -- I have slept through earthquakes (out East) and thunerstorms on a regular basis --butstill don't get enough. Problem is -- even when I do get to bed in time, I often can't get to sleep until 1 or 2...PITA for sure...and then I have to be up at 5:30 or 6.

Hellydoc
11-12-2009, 09:35 PM
4-6 for me each night. I can function for about a week on 4 hrs if I can catch a little power nap say 15 min in the early evening. Sometimes at a 8pm powernap I'll wake up and its 5 am, that is always really nice:D except for the 5 hrs of work I didnt accomplish:o

When I do lay down to sleep its about 30 seconds to fall asleep and I'm out for the count. I never wake up for myself unless someone wakes me during the night. 5 totally uninterrupted hours would be golden for me.:D

huntinstuff
11-12-2009, 09:42 PM
5-6hrs.

My wife says I don't get enough sleep. Sometimes she even tells me to take a nap.

Problem is, every time I wake from the nap, something seems different in the house.:lol:

Coulda swore that chair wasn't there yesterday.........

Bassett
11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Do you get enough sleep?

NO!:(