PDA

View Full Version : People Suck!

TreeGuy
11-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I recently hired on a new guy. Nineteen year old kid. Likely an individual most of us can learn a thing or two from. Intelligent, hardworking and good humored. I can't say enough good things about the lad!

In his 19 years, life has thrown him every opportunity to become a bitter and jaded criminal. Yet he has consistantantly risen above these curveballs to become a fine young man.

His parents were savagely attacked by a grizzly many years ago in Waterton. After fighting 20 years to recover from the physical and psychological effects of that incident, his Mother evertually broke, and ended her own life a few years ago. He has been on his own ever since. The money that she left him went toward buying his first and only car. It was stolen this weekend..........:mad:

I can pick him up and drop him off everyday for work, so that is no big deal. He intends to save his money to buy something new, as being a kid, he couldn't afford the full insurance cost to cover theft.

In the meantime, if anyone of you good folks on here know of a winter beater I can line up for him it would be appreciated. Can pretty much only afford to drop $500 or less, so I know that it's a long shot at best. Please PM if you can help.

And to the douchebag that took the car..........don't get caught. We have a chipper.:innocent:

Thanks,
Tree

bbbhunter
11-11-2009, 12:40 AM
I recently hired on a new guy. Nineteen year old kid. Likely an individual most of us can learn a thing or two from. Intelligent, hardworking and good humored. I can't say enough good things about the lad!

In his 19 years, life has thrown him every opportunity to become a bitter and jaded criminal. Yet he has consistantantly risen above these curveballs to become a fine young man.

His parents were savagely attacked by a grizzly many years ago in Waterton. After fighting 20 years to recover from the physical and psychological effects of that incident, his Mother evertually broke, and ended her own life a few years ago. He has been on his own ever since. The money that she left him went toward buying his first and only car. It was stolen this weekend..........:mad:

I can pick him up and drop him off everyday for work, so that is no big deal. He intends to save his money to buy something new, as being a kid, he couldn't afford the full insurance cost to cover theft.

In the meantime, if anyone of you good folks on here know of a winter beater I can line up for him it would be appreciated. Can pretty much only afford to drop $500 or less, so I know that it's a long shot at best. Please PM if you can help.

And to the douchebag that took the car..........don't get caught. We have a chipper.:innocent:

Thanks,
Tree

If you are talking about Patricia Van Tighem..I read the book..was sad to hear how it all ended...good on you for helping the family how you are...I do not live anywhere near Calgary..but if I hear of something I will definatly let you know. I hope the boy does well.

Nationwide
11-11-2009, 05:02 AM
People Suck! Ya you got that right some people do suck.

Geezle
11-11-2009, 05:47 AM
Wow, that's a really rough break for the kid, though it is encouraging to see that he's still doing his best to stay on a good path in life :)

I wish I still had my old Accord, it would have been a perfect little car for him, but I sold it to a 'friend' who totalled it before he even finished paying me for it :rolleyes:

If we can't track down a set of wheels for him, I may be able to pitch in a little money towards the cause. I can't give a lot due to my own financial constraints, but every little bit helps...

hunter10
11-11-2009, 05:59 AM
You got that right tree, some do.

I saw a cash for clunker in the crowfoot dodge. It is $300, but needs a new back left tire. Its nothing special, but hey, it might work for him.

Geezle
11-11-2009, 06:14 AM
You got that right tree, some do.

I saw a cash for clunker in the crowfoot dodge. It is $300, but needs a new back left tire. Its nothing special, but hey, it might work for him.

Is the wheel itself okay, it just needs rubber?

I'm sure we could find him a used tire to match somewhere :)

mtylerb
11-11-2009, 06:38 AM
I think I still have 4 tires in the garage, from a vehicle I no longer have. I'd have to check to be sure. The trick is to get them from Edmonton to Calgary. I'm not heading down anytime soon. If I actually do have them and somebody is heading down...

duffy4
11-11-2009, 06:54 AM
"people suck!"

I don't think so.

Some individual stole a car but look at the "people" willing to help your worker (and friend) out.

hawken
11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I'll put a $100 in the pot for him.
I'll PM you my #

catnthehat
11-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I'll put a $100 in the pot for him.
I'll PM you my #
X2! i'm in, Tree!
Cat

beansgunsghandi
11-11-2009, 02:08 PM
$50, please p.m.me with a paypal address, thanks. Being 19 isn't always easy.

moosemad
11-11-2009, 04:13 PM
If he needs the tires changed I have a machine in the garage and will do it for him.

hunter10
11-11-2009, 07:30 PM
The tire was flat. Its awesome people are going to help him out.

TreeGuy
11-11-2009, 08:34 PM
We worked late today, so just checking in now, and..........WOW!!

Needless to say, I have a wack of PM's to reply to. You folks have certainly responded whole heartedly and were intellegent enough to see the thread title for what it actually was.........a challange. Good on ya.;)

OK, here's the deal. I'm pretty much just looking around for a cheap rig to get him through the winter. I now have a number of good leads to follow up on, and for that I thank you all. By spring he'll likely finance something decent.

I didn't start this looking for money at all, but the responses offering it were amazingly numberous and generous. I'm somewhat blown away at the moment. Again.......WOW!

I will not be accepting any funds. Instead, I encourage you to take the money you were willing to contribute and give it to a good cause in your own local communities. Winter and Christmas are soon to be upon us, and there are many (too many) people far worse off than we are. The local foodbanks are always in need, Meals on Wheels, etc........all groups more worthy than a 19 year old in need of a cheap ride.

Thank you all for proving the title wrong.:wave:

Tree

Knownonscents
11-11-2009, 09:37 PM
I saw a descent volvo on kijiji for 500. and in my neighborhood there is a old ford truck for 250. in doesnt look good but it may do the trick.

Nationwide
11-13-2009, 05:29 AM
The gift of giving I could use a new set of winter tire's anyone!!:)

Huntress
11-13-2009, 07:46 AM
I got a car I want out of the yard. It runs great but is super ugly. It is a Cavalier wagon with new tires. I would take $300 for it if you are interested. Always starts on the first try. Let me know if you are interested. Located west of Edmonton.

Albertadiver
11-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Will keep my eyes out too TreeGuy. Keep us posted on how things go.