PDA

View Full Version : Website Design?

Predator
11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Is there anyone out there involved in website design? I am looking at getting one created, and I don't have a clue what is involved. If anyone has used a website design co. that they would recommend, knows what steps/costs are involved, I would appreciate it!

jpkokanee
11-11-2009, 11:02 AM
www.sitedudes.com
no set up fee, $50 a month.
Nice sites but very basic

Predator
11-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Basic is fine. Thanks

mtylerb
11-11-2009, 11:19 AM
What all are you looking for in functionality, etc?

Predator
11-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Good question!:lol: I have some basic ideas of what I want in the site, but beyond that I am open to ideas. At day's end, the site that I would want would be fairly basic. It's more just to have a presence on the web.

mtylerb
11-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Good question!:lol: I have some basic ideas of what I want in the site, but beyond that I am open to ideas. At day's end, the site that I would want would be fairly basic. It's more just to have a presence on the web.

Well, there's the easy way, the hard way and the expensive way. :D

If it's not too terribly complex (shopping carts, etc) then I might be able to help out. <-- The easy way.

You could learn HTML and PHP, etc to design your own site. <-- The hard way.

You could go to a developer auction house and have someone design it for you. <-- The expensive way.

Send me a PM and we can talk over email about details.

russ
11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I work for gear in trade :lol:

dgl1948
11-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Send an email here. He has done a lot of this.
mailto:adrax@westman.wave.ca

Dakota369
11-11-2009, 03:26 PM
My Brother In-law does this on the side and is excellent as he does graphic design as well. He can be found at clayton.crane@gmail.com for an e-mail address, and you can see some of his work at http://members.shaw.ca/c.crane/ He is usually pretty reasonably priced as well.

Albertadiver
11-11-2009, 05:02 PM
My wife is a graphic designer here in Calgary. If the above guys haven't helped you out, let me know.

She's currently re-doing her website, so the one on there now is just a basic one to hold its place for another week or two.

www.jbcreative.ca

Predator
11-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone! There certainly a lot more people on here that know about this than I thought. I appreciate everyones input!

Clgy_Dave2.0
11-11-2009, 08:32 PM
www.sitedudes.com
no set up fee, $50 a month.
Nice sites but very basic

I didn't look into that site...but $50 a month is incredibly expensive. I got my domain registered as well as website space with godaddy.com for about $130 for 3 yrs. That includes a 10 GB site as well as up to 300 gb for traffic. For a few bucks more (I think it was about $30) you get a bunch of "templates" that you can just substitute your own pictures and written text. you can be up and running within the same night. There are other companies out there..but godaddy registers both ".CA" as well as ".COM" domains.

If you're looking for a real professional site, then I'd suggest finding someone who designs sites (as opposed to the "templates"). I got a guy who's doing mine for under $500.