PDA

View Full Version : In and around the Hat day fish

Fishfinder
11-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Started the day on the SSR jus outside of town that produced 1 sucka in 2 hrs between 2 of us (shore). Went in search of Clouts Dam..could not find..shoulda checked the map first but never thought we were going there. Tryed the college pond in town next for perch since it's been a hot topic lately. Nuttin, a few bites. Back to the SSR we went but dif spot. Managed a walleye and a burbot. Nice to catch the burb as he was decent size ( guessing 4-5#s tops) and I have only caught a half dozen of em in my life. All in all slow, but I did skunk my buddy which was kinda nice as he usually outfishes me:D We play a buck a fish so I managed a free pack of homemade sausage off him(charges me a buck a link) n I outfished him 3 -0. Yay for me:evilgrin:
Seen a couple boats out on the riv after the wind calmed. Can't believe I'm still casting out in the middle of November. I Love It:love::love:

jts1
11-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Clouts is on my map

WayneChristie
11-12-2009, 06:49 AM
buck a fish eh? well when we finally make it out Im thinking I will get rich off you :evilgrin:

Fishfinder
11-12-2009, 08:23 AM
buck a fish eh? well when we finally make it out Im thinking I will get rich off you :evilgrin:

Sure Wayne, I'll take the pepsi challenge anyday of the week:D:D U can catch little goldys all day while I wrangle large sturg:lol: They are good for five bucks! O ya, and one-eyed walleye are worth twenty but we're still searching for that catch:lol: Cheers!

castaway
11-12-2009, 09:07 PM
so you get a free sausage from your buddy every time you catch a fish? sorry i couldn't resist. i caught a 3lb walleye by Stathcona Park that had a pink underbelly so i called our local c.o and he picked it up. must have been some kind of chemical poisoning. awesome to still be casting this time of year:)

troutpirate
11-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Started the day on the SSR jus outside of town that produced 1 sucka in 2 hrs between 2 of us (shore). Went in search of Clouts Dam..could not find..shoulda checked the map first but never thought we were going there. Tryed the college pond in town next for perch since it's been a hot topic lately. Nuttin, a few bites. Back to the SSR we went but dif spot. Managed a walleye and a burbot. Nice to catch the burb as he was decent size ( guessing 4-5#s tops) and I have only caught a half dozen of em in my life. All in all slow, but I did skunk my buddy which was kinda nice as he usually outfishes me:D We play a buck a fish so I managed a free pack of homemade sausage off him(charges me a buck a link) n I outfished him 3 -0. Yay for me:evilgrin:
Seen a couple boats out on the riv after the wind calmed. Can't believe I'm still casting out in the middle of November. I Love It:love::love:

catching a sucker is good for minus 5 with the people i fish with.:lol:

bullshead creek reservoir southeast of the hat is awesome for rainbows.

Fishfinder
11-13-2009, 09:43 AM
so you get a free sausage from your buddy every time you catch a fish? sorry i couldn't resist. i caught a 3lb walleye by Stathcona Park that had a pink underbelly so i called our local c.o and he picked it up. must have been some kind of chemical poisoning. awesome to still be casting this time of year:)

:lol:Yes I do! His sausage is to die for (there's another comment to poke fun at) Processing charge I spose or he jus mad I outfish him lately:lol::lol:

Fishfinder
11-13-2009, 09:51 AM
catching a sucker is good for minus 5 with the people i fish with.:lol:

bullshead creek reservoir southeast of the hat is awesome for rainbows.

Sure is! but not without a boat and a calm wind which has not existed around here lately:rolleye2:

madatter
11-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Bullshead is closed for the year is it not???
Gate is locked anyway.

castaway
11-13-2009, 07:58 PM
:lol:Yes I do! His sausage is to die for (there's another comment to poke fun at) Processing charge I spose or he jus mad I outfish him lately:lol::lol:

hilarious & thanx for taking that in good fun. my buddy and I exchange a beer or cigarillo every time we get a hit. going down to Strathcona this weekend to see what we can get late season. cheers:)

Fishfinder
11-13-2009, 08:48 PM
hilarious & thanx for taking that in good fun. my buddy and I exchange a beer or cigarillo every time we get a hit. going down to Strathcona this weekend to see what we can get late season. cheers:)

Hit the riv again today but not till noon. Caught a wally which did not survive the hookage. Man I feel bad when I release a fish then see him floating ten minutes later. Did all I can do:cry: Good luck my friend. River being kinda stingy lately but have not hit Cona as of recent. Maybe that's where they r all hiding??

Fishfinder
11-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Bullshead is closed for the year is it not???
Gate is locked anyway.

Yup. closes on Halloween. Grow Bow Grow:D:D

castaway
11-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Hit the riv again today but not till noon. Caught a wally which did not survive the hookage. Man I feel bad when I release a fish then see him floating ten minutes later. Did all I can do:cry: Good luck my friend. River being kinda stingy lately but have not hit Cona as of recent. Maybe that's where they r all hiding??

i hear ya'. i caught a sauger by the eye last weekend and had to keep him because i know that injury was going to get infected. most people down by Strath' have been using rigs but i'm still a diehard just casting with spoons & Rapalas. i'll give an update @ the end o' the weekend. i think for the first time in years i'm going to dust off the ice auger this year when things freeze over. cheers:wave:

WayneChristie
11-13-2009, 09:11 PM
going to hit the Bow in my new spot tomorrow, night shifts are done with, be nice to see things in the light of day again. I lose the odd release too, but usually have pelicans hanging around, so I dont feel bad. Kind of cool to see a bird swallowing a 4 or 5 pound fish whole. I have a feeling after a week of cold nights, (believe me I know I was out in them ) that most of the slow water probably has ice on it now. But double digits next week, it will probably melt again. weather is driving me crazy(er)