PDA

View Full Version : Not surprising . . . Alberta's H1N1 rollout gets lowest grade.

Gray Wolf
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM
To no one's surprise, our present Alberta 'leadership' has received another failing grade. I'm not much of a CBC fan, but I think they've hit the nail on the head this time . . . http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2009/11/12/edmonton-flu-poll-update.html

I know that some of us don't care, because they don't want to get the H1N1 shot, and that's OK. But for those of us who do ... this Alberta 'story' is absolutely disgusting. :mad3::mad::mad2:

GW

Matt L.
11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Don't forget the masses of perfectly healthy and low-risk Albertans who panicked and clogged the lines and used up vaccine that many others actually needed. I think it was a very poor show from Alberta in general.

blackpheasant
11-13-2009, 12:25 AM
This just goes to show how totally inept our current government is, it's embarrasing and really quite sad, maybe next election Albertans will say enough and make them accountable for some of this crap and say adios to Smiley Ed....:huh:

Jamie
11-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Don't forget the masses of perfectly healthy and low-risk Albertans who panicked and clogged the lines and used up vaccine that many others actually needed. I think it was a very poor show from Alberta in general.

matt.. the Gov was telling EVERYONE to get it.

Jamie

mtylerb
11-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Meh, government should just stay out of it and not buy the stuff. Let people buy it on their own terms and then it's the people's own ineptitude that will be at play. No point in blaming the government for something they shouldn't have been buying in the first place. Not where I want my tax dollars going.

blackpheasant
11-13-2009, 04:26 AM
Meh, government should just stay out of it and not buy the stuff. Let people buy it on their own terms and then it's the people's own ineptitude that will be at play. No point in blaming the government for something they shouldn't have been buying in the first place. Not where I want my tax dollars going.

Yep your right, lets step that up a notch though and say the government shouldn't be in tjhe business of controlling our medical system either, look where that has brought us...I will never make excuses for this useless pack of bureaucrats they need to be held accountable period....:zzz:

mtylerb
11-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Yep your right, lets step that up a notch though and say the government shouldn't be in tjhe business of controlling our medical system either, look where that has brought us...I will never make excuses for this useless pack of bureaucrats they need to be held accountable period....:zzz:

I actually fully agree with that statement. No point in having you pay for my diabetes treatment. I also dislike the fact that I rarely use clinics or hospitals and yet I still have to pay the high taxes to pay for all the pansies who have to get checked out for every sneeze and cough they get. They might think twice if they had to pay for their own treatment and studies have shown they won't be any unhealthier.

hal53
11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
matt.. the Gov was telling EVERYONE to get it.

Jamie
your posts are generally correct and informing...however...according to "Pre-Pandemic" polls...70+% of the population said they wouldn't bother..so the Gov't. made the mistakeof saying ..high risk groups first,with limited vaccine ...but "we will not turn anyone away"...big mistake...the media had everyone beleiving they were high risk.... and my wife saw a pregnant lady with a toddler waiting in line for 2 hours behind what looked like healthy mid 30's people...message was sent wrong by the media and Gov't. Why don't they report on the news everyday how many people died from smoking or obesity!!!!!????

209x50
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I think the grade is a reflection of Joe Alberta's general poor attitude with the PCs, the poll could have been on anything they've done recently and the results would have been the same.
A very large portion of this H1N1 panic needs to be laid at the irresponsible media's feet. There are 6000 deaths world wide attributed to H1N1. The run of the mill yearly flus kill between 250000 and 600000 annually world wide. Does anyone else think the swine flus BS has gone far enough?

hal53
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I think the grade is a reflection of Joe Alberta's general poor attitude with the PCs, the poll could have been on anything they've done recently and the results would have been the same.
A very large portion of this H1N1 panic needs to be laid at the irresponsible media's feet. There are 6000 deaths world wide attributed to H1N1. The run of the mill yearly flus kill between 250000 and 600000 annually world wide. Does anyone else think the swine flus BS has gone far enough?
X2...goes way deeper than the flu.....guys are starving because of the Royalty fiasco....

rugatika
11-13-2009, 06:57 PM

Just another "news" story to fill the pages...just like SARS, bird flu, global warming, whatever. It seems there are very few intelligent reporters/journalists left. They are all too happy to type out/recite whatever they hear through the grapevine....the juicier they can make it the better.

Yeah...time to get rid of the public health system as well. (along with many other gov't institutions)

maxpower2506
11-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Typical attitude ME,ME, ME. Don't take a whole lot of Smarts to figure out that when there are to many pigs for the tit's some have to wait their turn. All you haters out there can thank the former FEDERAL LIBERALS, who in there divine wisdom thought it would be smart to have ONE supplier of vaccines, guess where that is located, A clue it begins with a Q. HENCE shortages, HENCE panic, Hence TO MANY PIGS FOR THE TITS!!!!!

blackpheasant
11-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Typical attitude ME,ME, ME. Don't take a whole lot of Smarts to figure out that when there are to many pigs for the tit's some have to wait their turn. All you haters out there can thank the former FEDERAL LIBERALS, who in there divine wisdom thought it would be smart to have ONE supplier of vaccines, guess where that is located, A clue it begins with a Q. HENCE shortages, HENCE panic, Hence TO MANY PIGS FOR THE TITS!!!!!

I wouldn't say PIGS more like SHEEP !!!

mtylerb
11-13-2009, 07:48 PM
You know, it's crazy. 90 people contract swine flu and everyone wants to start wearing masks. Over a million people have AIDS and still nobody wants to wear a condom. Maybe they should have been advertising AIDS deaths in the media.

alacringa
11-14-2009, 10:20 AM
There are 6000 deaths world wide attributed to H1N1. The run of the mill yearly flus kill between 250000 and 600000 annually world wide. Does anyone else think the swine flus BS has gone far enough?

The main concern with swine flu is the proprtion of people dying, not the actual numbers of peoplr dying. If swine flu were to become as widespread (in terms of the number of cases), the number of fatalities would be much higher. With that being said, I do think it has been over-hyped in the media. Let nature take its course.

Tuc
11-14-2009, 10:34 AM
I don't think Albertan's will forget any of these fiasco's at the next election. Ed, YOU STUPID SOB, YOU DON'T CUT CORNERS ON HEALTH CARE.

I think the Wildrose Alliance will give Eddie a run for his money.

Selkirk
11-14-2009, 01:26 PM
"I don't think Albertan's will forget any of these fiasco's at the next election . . . I think the Wildrose Alliance will give Eddie a run for his money."

Once again, I have to agree with Tuc ^ .

I'm convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the 'root' of most of our problems here in Alberta is the present provincial ruling Party ... the Alberta PCs. They have gone off-the-track, and are completely out-of-touch with the average Albertan. I can't wait for the next provincial election (2012?) ... it can't happen too soon!

In his post, Tuc mentioned the Wildrose Alliance Party. I am becoming more and more convinced that they offer us a viable, 'true' conservative, alturnative for Alberta.

Here's a couple of links that I found to be very interesting ...

Wildrose Alliance website - http://www.wildrosealliance.ca/home

Peter Mansbridge interviews the new WA Leader - http://www.cbc.ca/video/popup.html?http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/8752/oneonone/2009-11-01.wmv

It's time for a change in Alberta ... a very 'BIG' change!

TF