PDA

View Full Version : bobcat at swan hills

bark284
11-13-2009, 03:42 PM
saw a bobcat at freeman lake while fishing. Every summer we fish up there and all fall we hunt there but have never any sign of bobcats.

pickrel pat
11-13-2009, 06:30 PM
are you sure it wasnt a lynx?

Matt L.
11-13-2009, 10:04 PM
are you sure it wasnt a lynx?

X2, that's awfully far north for a bobcat.

biggamehunter
11-13-2009, 10:11 PM
i saw the pic it was a bobcat!

Matt L.
11-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Please post the pic! That's the first I've heard of a bobcat this far north!

Orion
11-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Please post the pic! That's the first I've heard of a bobcat this far north!

Yeah please do! :cool:
I've never heard of one this far north either. I've been hunting the Goose Mountain area west of Swan Hills for nearly 20 years and have never seen one. Done lots of work in the Freeman Lake area too.
Seen plenty of lynx though.

sourdough doug
11-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Well whatever but I used to think there were no raccoons in the northern part of the prov., till my partner got one in a coyote snare. Times, they are a changing, so never say never..:huh:

IR_mike
11-14-2009, 01:35 PM
A pair of my hunting partners go for a sept 17 elk hunt by hinton every year and related how last year one of the other "regulars" who hunts the same area got a pic of a bobcat that he encountered.

I was sort of skeptical till I accompanied them this year, ran into the same "regular" and seen the pic.
It was a bobcat.

I have never seen one in the wild and other than in pics/tv but I have seen a ton of lynx in my lifetime and up close as they are fairly curious and it definetly was not a lynx.

Sigma
11-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Last year several of us watched a bobcat boldly walk down the road in Carson Lake campground - not afraid of anybody.

I also saw one near Fox Creek about 10 years ago when hunting - got about 10 seconds of video of that one before it disappeared into the trees.

Sig

riskytype
11-14-2009, 09:01 PM
I have seen 4 Lynx in previous years of grouse and deer hunting N.W of Whitecourt..... It would be cool to see the picture.

RT

deerassassin
11-16-2009, 01:02 PM
saw a bobcat at freeman lake while fishing. Every summer we fish up there and all fall we hunt there but have never any sign of bobcats.

coulda been a lynx but it was brown and pretty small

kreator
11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
I have a friend from out east who INSISTS that he has seen Bobcat around the Lac La Biche area, but I find that a lot of people who are not from this province do not realize that the wildcats you are likely to encounter in northern Alberta are Lynx, not Bobcat.