PDA

View Full Version : Why can't people clean up after themslves??

geezer55
11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
October 30, 2009
We arrived at one of our favorite camping spots and the area looked pristine, a fresh blanket of snow covered everything and everything looked clean and fresh. As we set up and the sun melted the snow imagine what we found left laying around from previous campers. There were cardboard, empty margarine containers, garbage bags, ropes, plastic, carpet, rubber mats, BBQ lighters, table cloth, rebar, tin, lumber, wood pallets and fridge racks. You could tell that whoever had camped there had been there for an extended period of time because of the amount of grass that was killed off in perfect squares. During our time there I decided to clean the area up, so I picked everything up and placed it all in the "waste containment building" (sh!thouse) that they also left behind. This was done so whenever the people come back to use this site they are able to find all the garbage they left behind. This spot is across from the Castle River Bridge Recreation Area.

WayneChristie
11-13-2009, 04:25 PM
you have to wonder what these peoples houses are like. at least they could have had a bonfire

Drano
11-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Pure Laziness thats why.

The things that some people do just amaze me. If you bring things with you take them when you leave.
There are ones that just don't care about keeping our environment clean.
Whenever we go fishing whatever we take in, the garbage goes out with us.

When I drove for the Hound on charters we had a saying for the people...

"WE TAKE ONLY PICTURES AND LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS"

DRANO...:wave::wave:

huntinstuff
11-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Nice timing on this thread.

I just came out of an apartment in SE Edmonton. I couldn't believe the smell.

Ya know those little long, narrow closets that are sometimes right next to the entrance door of an apartment, kind of a storage area for the residents???

Well, this one had dirty diapers in it. Not just a few, but about 9ft x 3ft and about 2ft high of them. I have never seen so many bugs in one place in my life.

I've known dead bodies to smell better than that.

Seeing plastic and cardboard left in the bush doesn't surprise me in the least. Some people just aren't cut out for life on Earth.....

BrownBear416
11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
The problem lies with the fish and wildlife in this matter..

How many people have you ever heard be charged for littering in the bush???:mad2:

Just like most things in this world..The good honest outdoorsman with morals will have to clean up after the ignorant idiots because nobody cares...

When I leave a camp you never know I was there besides some trampled down grass..

mtylerb
11-13-2009, 06:37 PM
... Well, this one had dirty diapers in it. Not just a few, but about 9ft x 3ft and about 2ft high of them....

That's disgusting. I can't even stand the smell of 4 or 5 dirty diapers in the garbage bin, that would be utterly repulsive. :sick:

rugatika
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Nice timing on this thread.

I just came out of an apartment in SE Edmonton. I couldn't believe the smell.

Ya know those little long, narrow closets that are sometimes right next to the entrance door of an apartment, kind of a storage area for the residents???

Well, this one had dirty diapers in it. Not just a few, but about 9ft x 3ft and about 2ft high of them. I have never seen so many bugs in one place in my life.

I've known dead bodies to smell better than that.

Seeing plastic and cardboard left in the bush doesn't surprise me in the least. Some people just aren't cut out for life on Earth.....

I'm going to take a guess that it wasn't because both parents were too busy with their careers to take the diapers out.

Beer is good....and people are lazy.

theycallmeNoah
11-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I finally took hubby to the flu clinic and as we were walking in (well him hobbling) we noticed that the parking lot of covered in masks.

We geocache alot and it never ceases to amaze me the garbage we find :(