PDA

View Full Version : Another new hunting partner!

The Fisherman Guy
11-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Well after much deliberation, I decided on this guy. I don't have a name picked out yet, I believe he has to "tell me" by showing some recognition to a certain name. I have been trying a few out, but I think he is just exhausted, this has been a big day for him. Trip to the vet for a checkout and getting settled into his new home.

He has been great so far, and sleeping soundly beside me as I type.

Australian Shepard crossed with Blue Heeler. Fast and super smart like an Aussie, but stocky and tough like a Heeler. Thank you all for the advice on my previous "Your Dog" thread.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs066.snc3/13367_178018849652_518079652_2700830_5937772_n.jpg

My friend in BC just had her dog come down with Parvo, and the vet told me that it is especially bad right now here in Alberta. Just some hopeful advice to save anyone the mental torment of a sick pup, a HUGE vet bill, or at the very least, one cartridge.

Buck Krazy
11-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Cute puppy Gibson!!

The Fisherman Guy
11-13-2009, 10:48 PM
You must be thinking of someone else. This monster is a blood thirsty metal munching machine!

Mish
11-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Good choice, Gibson. My cousin has a Blue Heeler x Border Collie cross...smart as a whip, and tough as nails.

Grizzly Adams
11-14-2009, 12:35 PM
I think you got took.:lol: Looks more like there's a little Dobie or Rottie there, than Australian Shepherd. Cutie though. probably has some good Watchdog potential.
Grizz

Walleyes
11-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Looks pretty good fisher guy.. I am sure he is going to make an excellent partner..

The Fisherman Guy
11-15-2009, 10:51 AM
I think you got took.:lol: Looks more like there's a little Dobie or Rottie there, than Australian Shepherd.

He certainly looks like a rottie, or doberman with his markings. Kelpies have identical markings to this guy, but the rest of his litter all had heeler colors. He was the only black one, and struts around tail up and is very curious.

The farm he came from only uses shep heeler x's to run their cattle. The thicker coat of the heeler keeps them warmer in the winter months.

Thanks for the comments fellas, Bronco sure has made his impact on my household ;)

Buck Krazy
11-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Gibson, I think you mean he has made an impact on your carpet:lol: I'll bet hes the one who took my tenderloin!