PDA

View Full Version : Overnight shacks on Lesser Slave????????

GummyMonster
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Looking to take the wife for a couple nights and days staying out on the ice on lesser slave.
Need suggestions or recomendations. Looking for a quiet, productive trip.
Thanx in advance,
:evilgrin:Ken:evilgrin:

Joe Fehr
11-13-2009, 08:40 PM
We had a real nice guy out Kinuso pull the truck off the lake last winter had a B&B with shacks for rent also. If you like I will find his card, there was also a guy out of Widewater that rented shacks also.
I do believe there was another outfit out of Kinuso that rented shacks for overnighters also.

firegod74
11-13-2009, 09:09 PM
These guys have shacks set up every year by Widewater and Canyon Creek. I've never been in one of their shacks, but they are heated.
http://www.adventurealberta.com/

Joe Fehr
11-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Sorry that was Joussard not Kinuso that the B&B was in, he was just a block and a half from the launch with a snow cat. Good guy though.

GummyMonster
11-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks joe.
It would be great if you could find the card for the b&b place.
tahx

Okotokian
11-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Looking to take the wife for a couple nights and days staying out on the ice on lesser slave.
Need suggestions or recomendations. Looking for a quiet, productive trip.
Thanx in advance,

There's this magazine you may have heard of... Alberta Outdoorsmen ;)
November issue has a story advertisement for the Lesser Slave Lake region and a bunch of hotel and lodge advertisements for exactly this thing. :D

GummyMonster
11-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the "heads up" okotokian. I read the whole issue the day I got it. Only problem with advertizing is they ALL say they are the greatest. Thought I could get peoples opinions on here from their own experience.
Thought that was the purpose of this board. To talk with other people.

big
11-19-2009, 06:58 PM
There's this magazine you may have heard of... Alberta Outdoorsmen ;)
November issue has a story advertisement for the Lesser Slave Lake region and a bunch of hotel and lodge advertisements for exactly this thing. :D

lol smart alec

i'm interested in this as well. so keep the posts coming

Marlin07
11-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Call Bernie at Lady Hawk cabin rentals
He has cabins and heated ice shacks out of Jousard. Good price and great service. We have our own shack out there and he plows the roads for us just because. Can't say enough about old Bernie, good guy to deal with!

Joe Fehr
11-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Holiday Haven B&B 780-776-2118
Nice place and nice people.

GummyMonster
11-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanx for all the info. Joe, does this holiday haven have shacks you can fish all night in?
Would like to try some nighttime burbot fishing after the new year.

ukrmaf
11-20-2009, 03:16 AM
Definately bernie or jason at Lady Hawk, cozy cabins on shore and great wood stove heated shacks on the ice.

Joe Fehr
11-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Not sure if they have overnight shacks. A friend of mine had his stag out there last winter and they rented shacks for a couple nights also. I will see where they rented from.

CeeZee
12-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Last winter I booked a shack through an outfit from the faust hotel found the ad on kijiji. Not sure if anyont else heard of them or anything but they had over night shack with tv and the whole works, anyways gave them a reservation then I called the day before my booking to get directions and they said " oh so and so didnt call you, ya we cant get out on the lake it has very bad floor water an that is likely it for the season, but i will get him to call you when he gets back" and thats it never heard back from them and then they still took the money from my MC! Perhaps a not-so-smart move i dont know, but just a heads up anyways.

GummyMonster
12-24-2009, 07:25 PM
That sucks cee. Seems like there is shifty outfits in any industry unfortunately.
Hope you got your money back. If not you should go see if they have shacks out this year. Take one home as reimbursement with interest.:evilgrin:

Still hoping to get out there in the new year, thanx to all for the information.
Ken