PDA

View Full Version : Jackfish, Hasse, East Pit

fish-man
11-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Anyone know if any/all of these three can be safely ice-fished by now?

Also, any tips for ice fishing them?

thanks guys

seahawkfisher
11-14-2009, 08:46 AM
highly doubt it; was still fishing out of the boat last weekend in the same area - and with the warm temps comming next week - it'll be a while yet
cheers

lyallpeder
11-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I went to hasse last winter and got skunked but guys on the lake said that was strange so I went one very hot day this summer from 6 am till 1030am in the canoe I saw tons of fish comming to top and I got a ton of small perch. I had fun watching them come get my bait in 2 to 3 feet of water I wish I got back with the kids but never did.

goober
11-14-2009, 09:46 AM
highly doubt it; was still fishing out of the boat last weekend in the same area - and with the warm temps comming next week - it'll be a while yet
cheers
X2

fish-man
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
How 'bout now?

~Octane~
11-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes. Well i'd assume so, every lake i've been on in Alberta so far has 5-7in of good clear ice. Up north around Grande Cache and east of there seems to have the most.

lyallpeder
11-28-2009, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=~Octane~;443114]Yes. Well i'd assume so, every lake i've been on in Alberta so far has 5-7in of good clear ice. Up north around Grande Cache and east of there seems to have the most.[/QUOTE

you sure?

~Octane~
11-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Ya man. Was up there thursday before light until after dark, tried 4 different lakes and all had 5-7inches...there were quads driving on a couple of them. And I know the local lakes around edmonton i've been to have at least 5.

HILLYBILLYBARRY
11-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Sure ya can go fish yep not a problen just take your "boat" or a floatation device

~Octane~
11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Sure ya can go fish yep not a problen just take your "boat" or a floatation device

Sure bud. Stay home then see if I care:wave:

Just posting what I know, and the fact that there is plenty of ice by now.

cribfisher
11-28-2009, 08:15 PM
I was at coal today and there was 7 inches.

HILLYBILLYBARRY
11-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Well not to be rude about it there OCTANE But safty is a good thing to be thinking about every year i hear about ppl going threw the ice. i dont think you will find me on that lake or any body of water other then my bath tub till it hits atleast 12 to 13 inchs if not more

~Octane~
11-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Well not to be rude about it there OCTANE But safty is a good thing to be thinking about every year i hear about ppl going threw the ice. i dont think you will find me on that lake or any body of water other then my bath tub till it hits atleast 12 to 13 inchs if not more

And thats completely up to you. But I cant help but laugh at those that think they need way more ice than they really do. 12-13 inches of good clear ice is plenty for a small car. Infact the 2-3 foot thick ice in March is more unsafe than 10 inches of good clear black ice in early winter. To show i'm not just a 'invinsible moron', most community lakes in the towns and cities let the kids on (for hockey or skating) when the ice is 6+ inches...and that is for dozens of kids (and adults).

TreeGuy
11-28-2009, 10:17 PM

X2!

I've been through twice.........never again. Ice is just as much an individual entity as fire. No two situations are ever the same. Inch count is merely a baseline, be safe out there folks and use your heads.

Tree

Marlin07
11-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Went out for a drive this morning, lots of ice at Hasse to walk out on.

skykomish sunrise
11-29-2009, 04:06 PM
I fished chicacoo on sat and it had 6", Stopped by jackfish today and it had the same. fished star today and it was about 4.5"

Wulfespirit
11-30-2009, 08:42 AM
I fished chicacoo on sat and it had 6", Stopped by jackfish today and it had the same. fished star today and it was about 4.5"

Did you drop a line at Star? Curious to see if its as slow as it was through most of he summer.

skykomish sunrise
11-30-2009, 10:40 AM
star was great this year on the fly. on sunday between 2 of us we c+r close to a dozen

walker197
11-30-2009, 04:56 PM
chikakoo, 6-7" ice on sunday...guys were gettin them on worms, but we only had velveeta, worked though, just not as well as the worms...

Dougie55
11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I was at Chickakoo on Sunday for a bit, and had good success with no bait at all. Just used some Shad darts I make up. Nothing big, but C&R'ed 8 I think it was. Biggest was just under 13 inches. Just talked to a buddy of mine that was out there today, and he only got two and only saw a few more???? I am going back out later this week, as well as hopefully back to Star and maybe Hasse, although that lake is so tough to fish, to catch anything over 10 inches because of the perch. Will let you all know how I do.