PDA

View Full Version : Honesty from Honda Extreme Edmonton

huntinstuff
11-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Dropped my quad off on Monday as it had no braking power. The guy told me the price for brakes all around and I agreed.

Went today to get it and the bill was 1/4 of the estimate. The mechanic looked at the rear brakes and they were ok, did some adjusting, then changed the front brakes. Works like new.

They could have easily did the full meal deal on it and I would have been none the wiser.

Just kinda nice that I found an honest guy to do the work.

Their after work beers are on me tonite.

elkhunter11
11-14-2009, 04:16 PM
It is nice to see such honesty from a business.I find that I am becoming more and more selective with who I deal with,as a result of past experiences.I go with who has treated me well in the past instead of dealing with whoever is closer or more convenient.

Rockymtnx
11-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Good to hear Huntinstuff.
Businesses like this seem to be few and far between these days.

tullfan
11-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi guys, I am a bike mechanic in the S.E of Calgary.
It's a small shop, consisting of the owner, an apprentice, and myself, I pride myself on getting to know the the customer, talking a little bull, then repairing the machine and getting it back to the customer usually next day, depending on parts.
This is not an advertisement (lol) I just wanted to put my 2 pennies worth in. I figure if I can make it as painless as possible, tell it like it is, and treat everyone the way I would EXPECT to be treated, then they will come back. Turns out I get so busy sometimes I don't even remember what lunch is.Ha.
Anyway, for what it's worth..

Tullfan

-JR-
11-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Good to hear! The company I work for took a truck to Tirercraft a few years back and was told it needed a whole front end,and they were calling for a P.O.
We just needed new tires, because we just had the front end done at anouther shop.Boss drove down and had them lift up the truck to view under the truck.We don't do busness with tirercraft on 118 and 178st anymore .

honda450
11-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Dang huntinstuff that club ya carry around is intimidating sometimes. :wave:

wild1
11-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Good on them. I am the same way. I would rather quote high and come in cheaper. Makes everyone happy.

alpineman
11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Good to hear! The company I work for took a truck to Tirercraft a few years back and was told it needed a whole front end,and they were calling for a P.O.
We just needed new tires, because we just had the front end done at anouther shop.Boss drove down and had them lift up the truck to view under the truck.We don't do busness with tirercraft on 118 and 178st anymore .

Had the same thing happen to me at DK ford in Leduc will never go there again, had them show me they could not, thankfully I am mechanically inclined and know what to look for.