PDA

View Full Version : Pieroway Rods, Its Everything You Said it Was

ghostguy6
11-16-2009, 07:06 PM
I got my rod and reel from Geoff today and I must say it is amazing.

I feel I owe Geoff a very large thank you for the excellent customer service, he went way above what I had expected when I called him. After a few emails I had a rod and reel combo that was exactly what I was looking for.

The rod is a 9 ft. 4pc 5 wt. made of IM8 graphite. The blank has a very nice emerald green color. The reel seat in my rod is green graphite. It has an awesome carbon fiber look to it. Geoff also has the option of using exotic wood or even bone inlays. The rod sections have a perfect taper from handle to the tip. The cork handle is by far the most comfortable handle I have ever held. Its like it was molded to my hands. I could not find a drop of excess glue where the blank is inserted into the handle like I have noticed on several of the higher end rods.

The reel is a 5/6wt machined from aluminum. The 6 roller bearings make this one of the smoothest fly reels I have tried. I took several measurement and the machining is extremely precise. The caliper I used is actuate to 0.001" and I could not find any defects in the machining. The spool is easy to change. Geoff was even kind enough to spool the reel with line for me.

The over all craftsmanship was astonishing. And the prices just blew me away. I could have easily spent 3 or 4 times the amount of money for a setup of the same quality. Geoff was also sells flies and fly boxes so you can get your entire setup from him if you would like to.

Overall I had an exceptional experience from Geoff. I definitely recommend you get a rod from him.

notagoodtroutfisher
11-17-2009, 07:51 AM
we should try and meet up. You could look at the 3 I have from him.