PDA

View Full Version : Tim Horton Rant

moosemad
11-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Man, whats the big problem at most Tim Hortons? Reminds me of the Soup Nazi,your scared to say anything. You wait in the drive thru for about 20 min or in the lineup inside for about 10 min then when you get your double double it's pretty obvious they didn't stir it. You can tell because it tastes like s$%^ until you get the last mouthful then it's sugar time. Please throw away your little stir sticks and buy a spoon. I'm sure they can afford them. The worse part is some places are good, its just a gamble on which waitress you get. And we all know how we love our Timmies in the morning :love:.
A side issue is they have put all the smaller, reliable buisnesses out of commission so its your only choice most times. I feel better now, its after 12 so I can have a beer. Sorry for the rant.

mtylerb
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I guess it's a good thing I don't drink coffee. My ice capps are always stirred up, even when it's -40C outside!

ACKLEY ABE
11-17-2009, 02:00 PM
The trick is to "not wait 20 minutes" anywhere for a cup of coffee. Interesting that you would mention double/double. After a comprehensive study, it has been found that most people that drink their coffee black do not care for Tim Horten's. But people that like sweet and lots of cream do. I drink my coffee black so I don't waste 600 hrs(25 days) per year waiting in line for coffee....and yes..... I did the study...well, not really a study, but I have asked a lot of ppl over the years....ergo...."study". Kinda qualifies.

Okotokian
11-17-2009, 02:04 PM
The rant.... they didn't stir your coffee.... That's it? That's all? Life is sure good here in Canada, eh Moosemad? ;)

dcutter
11-17-2009, 02:14 PM
The stirring thing does drive me insane, but please allow me to add to your rant.

I would like to know if they are specifically trained, or if it is some kind of genetic mutation that allows them to consistently line up the tear tab with the seam on the cup? :mad2: I would guess I have spilled nearly 200 gallons of coffee down the front of me because of that little trick :mad3:

doetracks
11-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, I guess, if you add in stirring time, the wait in line (or in the drive through) might double :lol:

I like LOTS of cream in my Tim's. MMMmmmm Tims.. can't get that in MT :(

Okotokian
11-17-2009, 02:25 PM
The stirring thing does drive me insane, but please allow me to add to your rant.

I would like to know if they are specifically trained, or if it is some kind of genetic mutation that allows them to consistently line up the tear tab with the seam on the cup? :mad2: I would guess I have spilled nearly 200 gallons of coffee down the front of me because of that little trick :mad3:

:lol::lol::lol: OK OK I'll get into the rant mood here too... though mine is mild. I don't mind no-stir, have never noticed the cup seam, but I WOULD like it if Tims moved to the cup lids that just have the hole instead of the current ones they use that you must tear open. I much prefer the former. When driving you can put your mouth over the whole hole and there is no risk of spilling, splashing, etc. Just my preference.

oh god, how we search for things to complain about. :)

rustynailz
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I am drinking an extra large double double RIGHT NOW with the spout on the seam! Bah!

Okotokian
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I am drinking an extra large double double RIGHT NOW with the spout on the seam! Bah!

You risk-taker you! Yer livin' on the edge Rusty.... :D

bruceba
11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
You have to wonder when you ask for 2 extra large coffee every morning and the person on the other side of that little speaker thingy say's, "will that be all". You answer "yes "and they tell you the total for 1 coffee. You say "no thats 2 extra large coffee" and they ask in a disbelieving voice, "that was two?". So after 3 out of 4 mornings of this crap I call the manager and explain the little listening problem to him. His responce was it happens so kind of get used to it. Well I explained math as I learned it going to school in Canada. I rounded it down for him 2 extra large coffee at $4.00 x 5 days = $20.00 x 50 weeks = $1000.00 Oh now you get a different person at the window every morning. See simple math sometimes does help you out in real life. :)

artie
11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I like 7/11 coffee no line up. What other coffee do guys like who can't handle the line up at Tim's. But I do like their breakfast sandwich

Hunter Trav
11-17-2009, 03:51 PM
I like 7/11 coffee no line up. What other coffee do guys like who can't handle the line up at Tim's. But I do like their breakfast sandwich

I make mine at home...:D

FishinFreak
11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
HA :lol: I got you all beat; I don't drink coffee but I do like TH hot chocolate so I buy it by the can and every morning I stand in MY kitchen and boil MY water in MY kettle and mix MY hot chocolate in MY mug .................... therefore no lineup, no stir issue, no seam issue, and no annoying lid :evilgrin: mind you now that I think of it MY kettle is awful slow boiling MY water :mad2: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IR_mike
11-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I like 7/11 coffee no line up.

x 10 Waaay better than that TH stuff.

Mish
11-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I'd say considering the idiots IN LINE, most Timmy's are pretty efficient at getting you through quickly. Whenever I've been to a Tim Horton's with a huge lineup, it's usually the idiotic customers going, "Ummm...and what kind of donuts do you have? Ehhh...can you repeat that? Actually, forget the donuts, what kind of Timbits do you have?", that are holding up the line. The staff try to work through the line as quickly as possible, and, IMHO, are as efficient as can be. That being said, even in huge lineups, I've never had to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes in line, so maybe I'm just getting lucky with the Tim Horton's I frequent.

Also, and someone who works at Tim Horton's can correct me on this, but I was told by a friend who used to work at Tim Horton's that everything is automated. That is, if you order a double double in a large coffee, and I order a double double in an extra-large coffee, all they do is press a button and the same coffee:cream&sugar is pumped into the cup, regardless of size. It is premixed in the machine...so no stirring is needed.

Stinky Buffalo
11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
I figure that, if I would pay myself for the average time I'd spend in the Timmie's lineup, it's actually cheaper for me to head a few blocks down the road and pick up a Starbuck's. :evilgrin:

Nowadays I just brew a mug at home for the road anyhow... Got a Timmie's brewer and, last Father's day, I received a Tassimo too (somebody loves me!)

Stinky

Jamie
11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
French Vanilla Cappachino for me...

MMMM
Hot chocolate for Adults

Ice cap in the summer

x100 on that seam thing

Jamie

HunterRed
11-17-2009, 04:46 PM
We do tims evey morning. The line, somedays long somedays not, however, I have gotten so tired of getting the wrong thing in my coffee that i now drink it black, and it's true, tims makes lowsy coffee thats why you need the 97% cream and sugar to cover the taste. Large, 1 milk 1 sugar. simple. In one week the first day was 1 cream, 1 sugar, second 1 milk, no sugar, third 2 milk 2 sugar, fourth day 1CREAM 1MILK friday, now its just black, screw that up.

kodiakken
11-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Is Timmy Hoe's not owned by Wendy Cuker?
This is the one person that totally dispises anyone owning guns and gives something like 4 million dollars a year to help with the PROHABITION OF GUNS!!!

Sorry I will drink straight water before I drink any swill that is or was owned by some Slimey slike that wan't to take my guns away.

You got what you deserve.

Ken.:mad3::mad2:

fluxcore
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
This is the one person that totally dispises anyone owning guns and gives something like 4 million dollars a year to help with the PROHABITION OF GUNS!!!

Sorry I will drink straight water before I drink any swill that is or was owned by some Slimey slike that wan't to take my guns away.

I do know its a US owned company and they just opend a couple of tim's in NYC yep that right NYC which is to bad I was hoping it would stay in Canada......

Okotokian
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM

Think you are a bit mixed up there. Wendy CUKIER, the head of the gun control group, is a professor at Ryerson. Pretty sure she's not a billionaire owner of Timmies. Their shares are pretty widely held.

doetracks
11-17-2009, 05:27 PM
....Nowadays I just brew a mug at home for the road anyhow... Got a Timmie's brewer....

Sooooo... does it brew it just like the real thing?

I noticed that it doesn't taste the same when I make it at home. Come on, how much difference in the brewing process can there really be??

:confused:

Nationwide
11-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Man, whats the big problem at most Tim Hortons? Reminds me of the Soup Nazi,your scared to say anything. You wait in the drive thru for about 20 min or in the lineup inside for about 10 min then when you get your double double it's pretty obvious they didn't stir it. You can tell because it tastes like s$%^ until you get the last mouthful then it's sugar time. Please throw away your little stir sticks and buy a spoon. I'm sure they can afford them. The worse part is some places are good, its just a gamble on which waitress you get. And we all know how we love our Timmies in the morning :love:.
A side issue is they have put all the smaller, reliable buisnesses out of commission so its your only choice most times. I feel better now, its after 12 so I can have a beer. Sorry for the rant.

omg:o

TheClash
11-17-2009, 05:59 PM
wow...pretty glad i don't drink coffee.....glass of water for me in the morning....quick and easy...done.

James M
11-17-2009, 06:05 PM

Owned by Ron Joyce. And he's a HUGE hunter. He was on Canada in the Rough one episode.

doetracks
11-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Actually that's kind of interesting...

A quick search says that Ron Joyce owned Tim's until 1995, but then it was sold to Wendy's. And, "...the new owner now is billionaire Nelson Peltz of Triarc." All courtesy of Wiki.

So, Tim's isn't Canadian owned anymore??? :scared:

Tuc
11-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Stirred or not, doesn't bother me because I always stir it before I drink.

What does bother me is the lack of 'Food Safe' training the employee's have. Timmies, MacDonalds, many fast food joints are guilty of this.:mad:

Ok, they take your money from you then go grab a donut from the display case. Yes they use silicone paper but have you ever noticed how many of their hands touch your donut? God only knows where that money has been and how many times it has changed hands.

Now they go get you a coffee, grab the cup from the top, pour it, (don't stir it :lol:) then put on a plastic lid....again hands all over the opening you will place your lips on. :sick: Have you ever watch them cough or sneeze into their hands??? Oh come on, open your eyes!
I am a journeyman cook, taken many food safe courses and am very aware of how someone handles my food out in public. Money and food should never be handled at the same time.

We all know how dirty pimply faced teenagers are, especially the guys, pizza joints are full of them, right. Have you ever watched them carrying on with each other, running their fingers through the chicks hair who's tending the till or scratching whatever :rolleyes:....I have and walked out too without ordering. Then you can't help but wonder how many of them go to the bathroon and return to work without washing their hands. :cry: I don't even want to go there...

It's my opinion noone should be permitted to cook or serve food to the general public without first having completed a food safe course hosted by the Dep't of Health. It's not like Timmies or MacDonalds can't afford it.

Oh, I hope I didn't ruin anybodies coffee and donut!:D
Have a nice day! :innocent:

TheClash
11-17-2009, 07:01 PM
and you grab your donut and eat it....the same hands that passed the "dirty" money over, opened the door, scratched your dog's head....scratched your butt and who knows what else before you even got your food...

GMac
11-17-2009, 07:06 PM
:lol::lol::lol: OK OK I'll get into the rant mood here too... though mine is mild. I don't mind no-stir, have never noticed the cup seam, but I WOULD like it if Tims moved to the cup lids that just have the hole instead of the current ones they use that you must tear open. I much prefer the former. When driving you can put your mouth over the whole hole and there is no risk of spilling, splashing, etc. Just my preference.

oh god, how we search for things to complain about. :)

Was that your headlights behind me this morning .Should have bought you a coffee.:evilgrin::wave:

rugatika
11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
And I aint a real big fan of Tims either...but then my gf claims I'm a bit of a contrarian. lol. 7/11 is for sure some of the best to go coffee there is.

Like Oko says...we got it pretty sweet when we're complaining about coffee stirrring...wonder what some poor guy in Mozambique would think if he heard us whining about having to stir our own coffee... lol. But hey....no reason not to strive for something better.

Think I'm gonna make some right now as a MOF.

rednecknewfie
11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
timmies in fort sask at the esso when del and luvy is the best . quick and awesome service even during the busy times .

Clgy_Dave2.0
11-17-2009, 07:27 PM
I figure that, if I would pay myself for the average time I'd spend in the Timmie's lineup, it's actually cheaper for me to head a few blocks down the road and pick up a Starbuck's. :evilgrin:

Nowadays I just brew a mug at home for the road anyhow... Got a Timmie's brewer and, last Father's day, I received a Tassimo too (somebody loves me!)

Stinky

Im the same way...I drink a ton of coffee...but i cant stand to wait in those line ups.. I never have that much time. So I might have a TH coffee once a week. And its a nice treat. But I've got that same Tim Hortons coffee maker....ARENT THEY THE GREATEST, Stinky?!! A full pot in 3 minutes!! I go through at least 2 of those pots a day for myself. And I just use whatevers on sale. Mostly Foldgers.

reelhooker
11-17-2009, 07:34 PM
It's too bad that you have to boil down 3 cups of timmies water to make something that might taste like coffee. I make my coffee at home, it's ready when I get up, gone when I leave for work, you could float a nickel in it and I p till noon. BUT at least it tastes like coffee.

And to add to the rant: Asking for a regular coffee should not mean 1 cream 1 sugar. I probably am a minority on this but regular does not mean I want glucose and Dairy. just coffee. All said and done, almost any coffee is better then no coffee.

Geezle
11-17-2009, 07:35 PM
I do have a coffee habit to support, but for the most part I just do the homebrew thing with whatever's a reasonable price...usually Folgers or Maxwell House. I also have a coffee pot in my work trailer, so I rarely have the *need* for 'to go' coffee.

I do enjoy the occasional coffee from Tim's but for the most part I just can't be bothered :o

Oh yeah, and maybe I'm just a tightwad, but for the price of 3 XL cups of Timmie's I can buy a can of coffee that'll last me well over a month :cool:

We truly are spoiled...

NWM
11-17-2009, 08:15 PM
I'll stop at a conveniance store or gas bar for a coffee before drinking that Timmy s--t. can't figure out why anyone would wait in a line up and block traffic for that crap. Oh ya and then throw the cup out the window as they drive down the highway. :mad3::mad2:

buckmaster
11-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Have you ever watch them cough or sneeze into their hands??? Oh come on, open your eyes!
I am a journeyman cook, taken many food safe courses and am very aware of how someone handles my food out in public. Money and food should never be handled at the same time.

Oh, I hope I didn't ruin anybodies coffee and donut!:D
Have a nice day! :innocent:
I once saw a worker spit out the window as i was driving to the window for my coffees.The gross part was when i drove up the coffees were on the window ledge as he spit out the window.I asked to speak with a manager and she gladly made new coffees and gave me a $50.oo gift certificate!
MY CHOICE for taste; #1 second cup; #2starbucks ;#3Mc Donalds....

Iskra
11-17-2009, 10:13 PM
I wonder why TH does not have sugar in packets like every other coffee shop. I ask for coffee, one or seven sugars and do my own sweetening and stirring.

Clgy_Dave2.0
11-17-2009, 10:23 PM
... Oh ya and then throw the cup out the window as they drive down the highway. :mad3::mad2:

What does THAT have to do with Timmy's, ...anyone who does that, will obviously do it with anyone's cups. :rolleyes:

blackpheasant
11-17-2009, 10:23 PM

Horton's is over-rated and the Coffee is gross, Starbucks is where it's at....:lol::lol::lol:

Matt L.
11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Starbucks!?!:eek: You want coffee made by a hippie chain from Seattle! hell, they don't even know how to make coffee, just all those wierd drinks with names two miles long in "Grande" size.:huh:

I drink Timmies now and again, always black. Not a huge fan but it works. I make my own coffee though; get it fresh ground at a local store. It's organic so it doesn't have that chemically smell that coffee in the cans tends to have. Has to be hot as hell, black as sin, and strong enough to float a horseshoe!

blackpheasant
11-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Starbucks!?!:eek: You want coffee made by a hippie chain from Seattle! hell, they don't even know how to make coffee, just all those wierd drinks with names two miles long in "Grande" size.:huh:

I drink Timmies now and again, always black. Not a huge fan but it works. I make my own coffee though; get it fresh ground at a local store. It's organic so it doesn't have that chemically smell that coffee in the cans tends to have. Has to be hot as hell, black as sin, and strong enough to float a horseshoe!

Dark Roast Venti please, thankyou....ahhhhhhhh............thats so good :lol::lol: I like it stong to Matt

buckmaster
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Dark Roast Venti please, thankyou....ahhhhhhhh............thats so good :lol::lol: I like it stong to Matt

How about espresso in the morning ?

blackpheasant
11-17-2009, 11:09 PM
How about espresso in the morning ?

Oh yaaaaaa !!!!! Impossible to beat that....:love:

Matt L.
11-17-2009, 11:12 PM
"sigh", the only way to make real coffee is in an enamel pot over an open fire. A handful for the pot, and a handful for the boys!

blackpheasant
11-17-2009, 11:17 PM
"sigh", the only way to make real coffee is in an enamel pot over an open fire. A handful for the pot, and a handful for the boys!

The old Cowboy Coffee can't argue there....

Matt L.
11-17-2009, 11:25 PM
I've often wondered if I could make it that way on the stove-top. Haven't tried it yet.

blackpheasant
11-17-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm sure it would be good but just not the same...something about the smoke and fresh air that adds flavor i think....

jaygjf
11-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Actually that's kind of interesting...

A quick search says that Ron Joyce owned Tim's until 1995, but then it was sold to Wendy's. And, "...the new owner now is billionaire Nelson Peltz of Triarc." All courtesy of Wiki.

So, Tim's isn't Canadian owned anymore??? :scared:

I thought the Tim Hortons is NOT a canadian company thing was well known. After the sale in 1995 to Wendys that was that. After Dave Thomas croaked, the two companies did diverge though and Tim Hortons corporate headquarters moved back to Canada, but as far as I know it's still owned by Wendys and therefore an American company.

Just for the record, IMO Tim Hortons is sh*t... and I love it :o

robert
11-17-2009, 11:52 PM
I haven't stepped into a tim hortons in over a year now, customer service sucks and waiting 20 minutes for a coffee just isn't worth it. Save time and hair, most of the esso's have tim's now and rarely do I get a bad cup. There's one on calgary trail in edmonton, very clean and they know me by name now. In and out in minutes and that includes gas :lol:

murphy
11-18-2009, 07:26 AM
I brew at home because I need it before I leave the house. I hardly ever go to Tango Hotel because i see that line up of cars, and I just think it's not worth waiting for. We won a free McDonald's coffee break a couple weeks ago at work, and I was surprised how good the black coffee was. If you like coffee black and hot, McD's is worth a try at least once.

rhuntley12
11-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Funny how people will argue over coffee. I went to Tim's this morning for a tea(I really like the pomegranite tea they have going now) and a bagel. I asked for it toasted with butter and I got untoasted with butter. :mad2:

moosemad
11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Problem solved, I'm gonna carry a spoon in the glove box :lol:. I don't frequent the place at all only once a week or so but it is frustrating when you are paying almost $2.00 per cup.

Frans
11-18-2009, 08:09 AM
I love the capucino at Java Jamboree in Cochrane (near the Safeway). Not the fastest service, but they grind the espresso fresh, and make a little heart when they poor the foam/milk. And you can chat with the girls while you wait. No drive through, just a good old neighbourhood coffee shop.

Too bad I work in Calgary. The espresso in our company restaurant sucks, and I don't know what kind of milk they use, but it tastes like cardboard.

But I get to put on my own lid, so I can make sure where the seam is, and none of the servers have touched it. ;-)

Oh, this was a Timmy's thread... I detest the tear lids too, what moron invented these?
And I want the old peanut butter cookies back... without the peanuts, back when you got two with a sandwich combo!

Frans

Nerdapres'
11-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Reading this thread it's easy to see why 80% of the people on here are tubs of lard. I know more than a few people who get two or three "Triple/triples" a day.

honda450
11-18-2009, 08:48 AM
McPuke has not bad coffee, but nothing more. :wave:

artie
11-18-2009, 09:00 AM
I received an e-mail several months ago that stated both Tim's and Starbucks have M.S.G in their product. That's what makes you want more.
If this is true then I would never go back there.

Albertadiver
11-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Well, I get this stuff at work every morning, I'm usually one of the first in so I make it for 30 people. It's gross.

I like sweet stuff, but I've reduced my sugar to half a teaspoon and just a little milk. (part of my stupid no sugar diet)

After two cups, the world gets brighter, and EVERYTHING IS GREAT!

kayaker
11-18-2009, 09:05 AM
After a comprehensive study, it has been found that most people that drink their coffee black do not care for Tim Horten's

I am sure I will be flamed for this, but Tim's coffee is disgusting! Its barely coffee...

Albertadiver
11-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I received an e-mail several months ago that stated both Tim's and Starbucks have M.S.G in their product. That's what makes you want more.
If this is true then I would never go back there.

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/timhortons.asp

I thought the Tim Hortons is NOT a canadian company thing was well known. After the sale in 1995 to Wendys that was that. After Dave Thomas croaked, the two companies did diverge though and Tim Hortons corporate headquarters moved back to Canada, but as far as I know it's still owned by Wendys and therefore an American company.

Just for the record, IMO Tim Hortons is sh*t... and I love it :o

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/about/faq.html

doetracks
11-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Well, I knew there had to be an alliance with Wendy's but I didn't think that they were TOTALLY U.S. owned.

If any of you folks like flavoured coffee, Edmonton Tea & Coffee roasts an AWESOME bean - try Highlander Grog!

I envy any of you that can drink coffee black, I just can't. :(

moosemad
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I love the capucino at Java Jamboree in Cochrane (near the Safeway). Not the fastest service, but they grind the espresso fresh, and make a little heart when they poor the foam/milk. And you can chat with the girls while you wait. No drive through, just a good old neighbourhood coffee shop.

Too bad I work in Calgary. The espresso in our company restaurant sucks, and I don't know what kind of milk they use, but it tastes like cardboard.

But I get to put on my own lid, so I can make sure where the seam is, and none of the servers have touched it. ;-)

Oh, this was a Timmy's thread... I detest the tear lids too, what moron invented these?
And I want the old peanut butter cookies back... without the peanuts, back when you got two with a sandwich combo!

Frans

Hey Frans, if your comming from Cochrane anyway, why don't you bring some into Calgary each morning :lol: We can meet at my place. Double double for me.:)

Stinky Buffalo
11-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I've got that same Tim Hortons coffee maker....ARENT THEY THE GREATEST, Stinky?!! A full pot in 3 minutes!!

Yep! Totally love it. Plus, I can make it nice and strong too (like Grandma used to make - stand a spoon up in it!)

Mind you, I have to get mine repaired, kinda wore it out (seals and burner switch went... Sigh...)

Clgy_Dave2.0
11-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Yep! Totally love it. Plus, I can make it nice and strong too (like Grandma used to make - stand a spoon up in it!)

Mind you, I have to get mine repaired, kinda wore it out (seals and burner switch went... Sigh...)

Christmas present!!! lol. This is my second one. First one died after about 9 yrs. It was originally made by Bunn (the commercial coffee maker company) Not sure if these ones are, but I think so. Buying my son one for his birthday..he's finally progressed from pop to a coffee drinker...."arrrgh arrgh arrgh" lol.

Tuc
11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
and you grab your donut and eat it....the same hands that passed the "dirty" money over, opened the door, scratched your dog's head....scratched your butt and who knows what else before you even got your food...

I don't know about you but I always wash my hands before I eat.

Nationwide
11-18-2009, 06:27 PM

:lol: thanks for that tuc i didnt know :wave:

j m
11-18-2009, 06:49 PM
I'll stop at a conveniance store or gas bar for a coffee before drinking that Timmy s--t. can't figure out why anyone would wait in a line up and block traffic for that crap. Oh ya and then throw the cup out the window as they drive down the highway. :mad3::mad2:

I helped my kids do a highway cleanup the last 2 springs. #1 litterbugs were TH patrons. Why are people such pigs that they can't use a trash can?

AvayaAce
11-19-2009, 10:03 AM
I know why there are lineups, we are all hooked on THC

Tim Hortons Coffee

artie
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM

Tuc don't worry my old scottish dad has many sayings but the one I remember is that you have to eat a pound of dirt before you die.

TheClash
11-19-2009, 11:36 AM

and then do you put on sterile rubber gloves and no not touch anything after that time??...i am assuming that many of the times that you are eating the stuff from TH you are in your automobile...and i am assuming that to get into your car you handled your keys, touched the door handle, held onto the gear shift lever and the steering wheel...then handed over either money or your debt/credit card to pay for the items...but ya..your hands are squeaky clean....

don't think your steering wheel is that dirty?? think again....
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/202603/steering_wheel_germ_shock.html

Okotokian
11-19-2009, 01:41 PM
To be 100% truthful, I probably do like Starbucks coffee more than Timmies, but here's the catch.... I feel OK going into Timmies early in the a.m. dressed in camo on my way out to hunt. If I did that at Starbucks they would likely barricade the door and call the police claiming that some nutso gunman was trying to take hostages. At the very least I'd probably get a dirty look and a mumbled "deer murderer" from the "Barista" ;):lol:

Almer Fudd
11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I cant believe I'm getting into this...BUT....
Here is my issues with Tim's:

They create more urine than any other business in Canada and have the worst collection systems (washrooms) in the Foodservice industry. Those hand dryers blow like (use your imagination)

The lids are terrible.

The cream and sugar make my teeth ache

Can't get insulators for the cups to keep from burning your hands.

How have they managed to suck so many people into believing they can't drive by they must drive-thru.

We can all make decisions and mine is to make my own coffee, save the time and $$$ over the course of a year I put $1,000 ino more good hunting gear.

Do the math No Tim's=1 nice rifle a year!!!

Stinky Buffalo
11-19-2009, 02:24 PM
To be 100% truthful, I probably do like Starbucks coffee more than Timmies, but here's the catch.... I feel OK going into Timmies early in the a.m. dressed in camo on my way out to hunt. If I did that at Starbucks they would likely barricade the door and call the police claiming that some nutso gunman was trying to take hostages. At the very least I'd probably get a dirty look and a mumbled "deer murderer" from the "Barista" ;):lol:

Too true! :lol:

Almer Fudd
11-19-2009, 02:27 PM
I cant believe I'm getting into this...BUT....
Here is my issues with Tim's:

They create more urine than any other business in Canada and have the worst collection systems (washrooms) in the Foodservice industry. Those hand dryers blow like (use your imagination)

The lids are terrible.

The cream and sugar make my teeth ache

Can't get insulators for the cups to keep from burning your hands.

How have they managed to suck so many people into believing they can't drive by they must drive-thru?

We can all make decisions and mine is to make my own coffee, save the time and $$$ over the course of a year I put $1,000 into more good hunting gear.

Do the math No Tim's=1 nice rifle a year!!!

tbosch
11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Mcdonalds coffee is by far better than tims.

el sparko
11-19-2009, 08:04 PM

i despise that clicky little feel good chain. anyone dumb enough to make themselves the eleventh car in a ten car line-up deserves a good head smack! i have only had to go to a th once, every now and then i'll pick up a burger for the guys at work and once a lady in office says "you get everybody else lunch and you won't even get me a coffee at timmies" she was right and after the burger run i found myself "shudder!!" in a th line up.
an over perky young lady asked me what i wanted to order and i told her a large coffee with 2 cream and 2 sugar... she looked at me with a smirk and said "double-double?" i said no, i'd like 2 cream and 2 sugar. she then said " that's a double-double" i said where i come from it's called 2 cream and 2 sugar, and i stood there untill she repeated to me "large coffee, 2 cream, 2 sugar." she was probably confused for the whole day!

jaylow?
11-19-2009, 08:35 PM
i rarely ever go to tim hortons, mostly because the line ups, and also because its the only coffee ive ever drank that makes me bloated like i drank a team pitcher of beer. not worth it.

redranger15
11-19-2009, 08:45 PM

Holy chit , I thought they only did that to me.:lol::lol::lol
Must be in the training.

roots
11-19-2009, 08:46 PM
McDonald's coffee gets my vote and I never have to wait at the drive thru in the early morning. I can't stand Starbucks and I will drink Tims but it's not worth my time to wait. Most of the time I make my own brew at home for a fraction of the time and price.

Dr. Fish
11-19-2009, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=Almer Fudd;436710]
How have they managed to suck so many people into believing they can't drive by they must drive-thru?
QUOTE]

Its because they put nicotine in their coffee.

AvayaAce
11-19-2009, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Almer Fudd;436710]
QUOTE]

Its because they put nicotine in their coffee.

See point 67....:wave:

Dr. Fish
11-19-2009, 09:57 PM
IMHO there is some kind of an additive not normal to most coffee. I quit smoking nearly three years ago and in the first few months after I quit I could drink a coffee from anywhere other than Tim Hortons and suffer no side effects. When I would drink a coffee from Tim Hortons it would feel and taste just like I had a smoke. Gave me terrible nicotine fits. I tried every other coffee shop out there and this only happened at Tim Hortons.

troutfly
11-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Perc, not drip, a pot of MJB. Length of trip decides size of Thermos I fill. Drink it black. Life is good.

bobjoe
11-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Food for thought... I don't go to tims much for many the same reason as what others have said, The coffee does funny things to me, so I drink tea when I do go. But here is what grinds my gears, In regard to what Tuc said, one day when I was waiting in line the person ahead of me had a travel mug. So the person served them and even stirred their coffee, but they didn't wash the spoon they used is someone's travel mug. Instead they used the same spoon to stir what I ordered. How do they know if those travel mugs have been cleaned, there could be anything in one of those cups. Not saying that people don't wash them everyday, but I have seen many that don't. So I also make my own at home to be safe. Just my imput into this rant......

saskbuffaloguy
11-20-2009, 06:13 AM
What burns my behind is 2 things.
#1 People that order sandwiches, soup, breakfast bagels and dozens of donuts in the drive thru, and have to go thru the list..2 apple fritters, 2 boston cream, 1 honey crueller, 1 maple dip, 2 long johns..oh no long johns, well how about..ummmm 2 of the powdered jam filled ones...if they drive thru was just used for coffee, tea, or hot chocolate it would be so much quicker.

#2 They just built one in SW Manitoba at Virden, about half an hour from my house so one day I was getting my Dodge serviced (another whole rant here) so I went to TH, and it was awful.. the water stinks in that town like sulfur, and the coffee made it smell worse ..it tasted like ***** soup. They should either have the technolgy to put in a R.O charcoal water filter, or at the very least have water shipped in from another town. I will not be going back to that store.

Since we moved to the farm I brew nabob, or the Costco supreme columbian roast.. or the starbucks breafast blend in my TH brewer..it comes out black and 1 or 2 cups gets me thru the day.
Has anybody tried the starbucks ready brew instant coffee..its pretty good..well worth the extra $$$

Oh yeah #3.
They don't serve Baileys at TH. What would be more popular then. The world famous double double..or the XL Coffee with 2 shots of Irish Cream. Just imagine the lineups at the drive thru then:)

moosemad
11-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Star bucks is ok except for all the Yuppies and the exaggerated prices:tongue2:. I think I'll go with the majority and start brewing my own.

Matt L.
11-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I can't believe all the people whining about the cups! Haven't you guys heard of travel mugs?!?:huh:

moosemad
11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Food for thought... I don't go to tims much for many the same reason as what others have said, The coffee does funny things to me, so I drink tea when I do go. But here is what grinds my gears, In regard to what Tuc said, one day when I was waiting in line the person ahead of me had a travel mug. So the person served them and even stirred their coffee, but they didn't wash the spoon they used is someone's travel mug. Instead they used the same spoon to stir what I ordered. How do they know if those travel mugs have been cleaned, there could be anything in one of those cups. Not saying that people don't wash them everyday, but I have seen many that don't. So I also make my own at home to be safe. Just my imput into this rant......

With a travel mug I'd bet most TH still won't stir it:lol:

Husky Jerk
11-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Some of you guys are hillarious. You can't tell me you patronize Tim Hortons or any fast food establishment for that matter AND expect your order to be free of unknown bacteria and to be served in a hygenic manner. If you think the 15 yr old germ factory serving you gives a rats azz weather or not your burger fell on the floor before hitting your bun or if their hands were clean before they put the lid on your cup you are kidding yourselves. Ask anyone who has ever worked in the fast food industry what kind of disgusting stuff goes on "behind the scenes" and it would make your stomach turn. Thats the chance you take for the convenience of fast food.