PDA

View Full Version : ATV Gun Boots

Duk Dog
11-18-2009, 05:42 PM
For those of you that have one do you mount them on the left or right side? Front rack or back rack? Curious where everyone has mounted their gun boots and why.
Thanks.

geezer55
11-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Mounted mine on right rear rack, reason for the rightside is because I usually get off and on to the left. No real reason for rear rack, maybe it fit better that way, can't remember.

The Rog Man
11-18-2009, 05:53 PM
This is my setup, I am right handed and i can easily remove and replace the rifle from the quad seat if necessary. I mount and dismount from the same side always so it was just a matter of convienence for me too set it up this way.The .22 was diagonal untill i got the roll bar now the .22 sits on forks on the roll bar right across just infront of the handle bars.

nicholal
11-18-2009, 05:54 PM
I'd put it on right front if ya can so you can grab it and roll off the left side. But truth be told I much preffer to sling my gun around my neck up front or side with it on my lap if trail is good enough.

AL

Duk Dog
11-18-2009, 06:06 PM
How well does it work mounted on the back rack if you end up having to double? Does it get in the way at all?

geezer55
11-18-2009, 06:16 PM
No trouble doubling, the mounting points for the gun rack are on the very outside edge of the rack.

Rustynuts
11-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Mines on the right rear, I found when mounted on the front I hooked lots of branches. Never bugs my son when he is riding with me. Try to mount it so it runs flush with the edge of your quad so you have room for your feet. I also anchored my on the bottom so it doesn't bounce around alot.

Duk Dog
11-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.