PDA

View Full Version : An AO question

The Rog Man
11-18-2009, 06:18 PM
I dunno if this has been discussed before but i will ask anywaze.
Is there an Alberta Outdoorsmen decal???
Something that can be put into the back window of the truck sort of thing?
The ATV club I belong too has a simple yet easy to identify sticker that i proudl display on my car and truck.
Too most they wouldn't know what it is or means but too club members it is easy too spot and recognize fellow members.
Does such a sticker or decal exist???

Bassett
11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Try pm'ing Rob Miskosky he has on on his truck im pretty sure.

The Rog Man
11-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanx , I sent him a pm.
If these decals exist and the number of registered members here you would think you would see these decals all over town???

hal53
11-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanx , I sent him a pm.
If these decals exist and the number of registered members here you would think you would see these decals all over town???
Think that's a great idea, I for one wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for a decal to identify yourself and help with the costs of maintaining the forum....IMHO

canadianbigbuck
11-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I think it's a great idea. I tried starting a thread on this subject last sunday, then the forum encountered a computer problem and my thread got lost when i tried to submit it.
With all the driving too and fro where i've been hunting this fall, i've seen alot of other guys on the highways and backroads in my travels, and wondered if they too belong to this great forum. I thought a AO bumper sticker or decal of some sort would be a cool idea. It could be a useful tool like for example: "hey i was out in WMU XXX and saw you guys were out there too, any luck? What are you hunting for, I saw a nice mulie in this area" or if your out ice fishing and run into a vehicle with an AO decal, you now have some things in common.
Yes its a good idea and a useful tool in my opinion, another way I thought the decal could get distributed was if you were a subscriber to the magazine, it could be inserted in one of the issues, just a thought.:wave:

The Rog Man
11-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Think that's a great idea, I for one wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for a decal to identify yourself and help with the costs of maintaining the forum....IMHO

My thought exactly!!!
I don't personally know what it takes too run a forum but the IT guy at work assures me there is alot of time invested too keep a forum operating.
The ATV club i belong too has shirts and hats etc I don't mind supporting them in this way and I get too wear a shirt and hat too boot.
I looked at the AO store and am trying too decide what i want but i didn't see stickers so that was the purpose of my post.
I would proudly display a small AO decal in my truck window.

The Rog Man
11-18-2009, 08:02 PM
I thought a AO bumper sticker or decal of some sort would be a cool idea. It could be a useful tool like for example: "hey i was out in WMU XXX and saw you guys were out there too, any luck? What are you hunting for, I saw a nice mulie in this area" or if your out ice fishing and run into a vehicle with an AO decal, you now have some things in common.
Yes its a good idea and a useful tool in my opinion, another way I thought the decal could get distributed was if you were a subscriber to the magazine, it could be inserted in one of the issues, just a thought.:wave:

I have met members of my ATV club in that very manner!
It truly is a small world we live in. A simple decal can make people meet each other that would otherwise walk past each other .I have dealt with people at my work that I didn't even know were members until they saw either my car or my truck decal. Like i said it really is a small world sometimes.
One of the founding members of the ATV club i belong too went the extra mile for me when i asked if a smaller decal was available as my wee little smart car just couldn't accomodate the larger sticker. he made some mini versions that are displayed on either side on the back quarters of my smart car!!

Albertadiver
11-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I would buy a few decals, for my ice shack and for my truck.

I have thought about making my own for the ice shack, but I'd rather purchase one from Rob and help support the forum.

jaylow?
11-18-2009, 09:08 PM
thats a great idea.

1899b
11-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Try pm'ing Rob Miskosky he has on on his truck im pretty sure.

Right next to the limited edition Miskosky Bobblehead.

lyallpeder
11-18-2009, 10:26 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=45813

they are working on it

The Rog Man
11-18-2009, 11:05 PM
I got a reply from Rob.
The decal is indeed in the works.
I hope we can get a sneak preview at some point.
just knowing it's on it's way..I want one...two actually!!!

Ice Fishing Maniac
11-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Selling stickers is how another hunting forum site in BC raises money. They also sell camo hats, shirts, coffee mugs, etc. Sometimes by purchasing one of these items gets your name entered in for draw prizes - wall tents, rifle - all donated.

raggmann
11-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Yup, I'd be in for a half dozen at least.
Truck,car,quad,boat,ice shack,and even our camo tent trailer would get one.

The Fisherman Guy
11-19-2009, 10:32 AM
I like the idea of a quality die cut decal, instead of a sticker. I much prefer the AO Whitetail silhouette to the Browning buck, so anything with that would be fantastic.

Die cuts last longer, look better, and get more attention - which is great support for the magazine and the forum. The problem is, they cost more to make than a simple sticker. Worth my investment, to put on my rig, tool box, shack, dinner plates...etc.

For those who don't know what a die cut is, check this link for a full explanation: http://www.ehow.com/facts_4930038_what-diecut-sticker.html

packhuntr
11-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I got a reply from Rob.
The decal is indeed in the works.
I hope we can get a sneak preview at some point.
just knowing it's on it's way..I want one...two actually!!!

Cool. Bout time. 12000 members and gaining some fast ground,, unreal. Like The Fisherman Guy says, gotta do it right the first time,,, make a real slammer of a sticker.

Big Bull
11-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Here's a sample of the small version:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o145/BigBullAdventures/IMG_0163.jpg

raggmann
11-19-2009, 12:55 PM
The Fisherman Guy will be posting a version or two that'd I've drawn up, hopefuly today.
Maybe we can have a vote?

Ragg

Stinky Buffalo
11-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Here's a sample of the small version:

Sheeeesh, that's the SMALL version? :lol:

For those that didn't know... AO Hats and Tees are at the AO Store (http://www.albertaoutdoorsmen.ca/ao-store.html)...

The Fisherman Guy
11-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Raggman sent me some fantastic images that would look awesome as stickers, or die cuts, or silkscreened onto a flag.

With his permission, I offered to post them. Myself, I REALLY like the image on the right, with the AO white tail. Would look really sharp as a die cut, and can be made into many different sizes and colors by the manufacturer.

Thank you very much Raggman for your time in putting these together!!

What do you think??

Divert
11-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I agree the one on the right is really cool. Also really glad this topic has come to light, been a member here for years and would like to "give" back for all the valuable info i have recived.

raggmann
11-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys.
And thanks "Fisherman" for posting them.
If you'd like, I can check with our "small town" sign guy and see what he'd charge.
I think being they'd be somewat mass produced that putting our user names on them would add a LOT to the cost. But, if the interest was there on multiple pieces of each name, that'd help. I think if a person wanted 6 instead of just 1 with a name it should be a better sale to the sign guy.
Let me know your thoughts.

Whiskey Wish
11-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Great idea and, as a landowner, I would be a lot more comfortable giving permission to someone with an AO sticker on their truck.

Keep Your Powder Dry,
Dave.

moosemad
11-20-2009, 10:10 AM
I really like Big Bulls little sticker, I'd take a couple of those. Raggman, remember to get written permission to produce anything like that. I'm sure there are copyrights attached to the name.

dmckay
11-20-2009, 10:18 AM
The one on the right looks really good. I'd be up for a few of those.

The Rog Man
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
So: Has anyone heard from Rob about a AO decal ?
Is it gonna happen?

Albertadiver
02-01-2010, 09:19 PM
So: Has anyone heard from Rob about a AO decal ?
Is it gonna happen?

Yup, Rob said that he's working on it still as of last week.

The Rog Man
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
WOW !!!!
I guess Hurry up and wait is the order of the day then?

Gray Wolf
02-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Personally, I like the existing AO banner ... it works just fine for me.

A little editing of this example, and it would make for a great sticker -

http://www.albertaoutdoorsmen.ca/images/top-banner-1.jpg

Rob Miskosky
02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Okay guys, here is what we are currently looking at. They will be window decals, not bumper stickers. They will be about a foot long and will come in white so they stand out on a vehicle window. We are hoping to design one with a fishing theme as well but as of yet haven't had a chance. I'm not sure what the cost is but I'm sure they won't be very expensive even after shipping and handling is included. I'll know more about cost in the next day or two. After I give the go-ahead, they should be ready in about a week.

http://www.albertaoutdoorsmen.ca/images-projects/forum-logo.jpg

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Okay guys, here is what we are currently looking at. They will be window decals, not bumper stickers. They will be about a foot long and will come in white so they stand out on a vehicle window. We are hoping to design one with a fishing theme as well but as of yet haven't had a chance. I'm not sure what the cost is but I'm sure they won't be very expensive even after shipping and handling is included. I'll know more about cost in the next day or two. After I give the go-ahead, they should be ready in about a week.

THATS SEXY I love it . Great job .

mtylerb
02-02-2010, 12:43 PM

As a suggestion, a black one would be a great option, too. On another forum, the guys love that it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb and can actually be somewhat difficult to see. Kind of an anti-theft device. A lot of people go and put their username along with the decal.

Rockymtnx
02-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Looks great!

Albertadiver
02-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Nice!

(Could we arrange for BBJ to get a special pink one?)

diamonddave
02-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm in!!!!!

redneck posse
02-02-2010, 01:46 PM
sweet im in for 3.

dmckay
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Looks great Rob!! I'm in for a couple

Okotokian
02-02-2010, 04:20 PM

I like it. I'm just not sure about the "Forum Member" notation. I'd lose that part. Conjures up images of some computer geek with nothing better to do in his life than live on line from his mother's basement... and... uhhhh.... it hits a little too close to home :scared: :lol:

Other than that, it's cool.... gently gives the impression to people tailgating you that "this guy might have a gun...." ;)

Sandalius
02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
I like the design too, however I'm not to sure about the colours ??
Personally I think they could be RED letters - the same as the magazine, on a black back ground ( most back windows are tinted ) they would stand out more.

just my 0.02

riderpride55
02-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I like it, but I would change the format a bit. you don't need a square decal. but a die cut vinyl sticker in white. it would look better on the tinted windows. I think a smaller red decal would get washed out from a distance

The Rog Man
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
So what did I miss?
Everybody is saying the sticker looks great,
where is it???
Who has a pic of it?

A foot long????
that aint gonna fit on my car...sigh
oh well.

gramps73
02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Great looking logo Rob. I would think that we could just order them off the web page or how would we get them..
g

Rob Miskosky
02-02-2010, 08:47 PM
We'll have them at the AO Store but for now we're still working on the design and such.

noneck180
02-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Looks good I would put one on my truck,, :)
Is it going to be a solid decal??, or will the outsides peel off ?? If so the lettering and image should probably be white,, if it is a solid decal it will work the way it is.

Rob Miskosky
02-02-2010, 09:39 PM
They aren't solid. They are vinyl so you'll have to be careful when you apply them. If you look back in this thread there is a picture of my truck decal, same thing. I agree, white and silver will stand out best.

FallAirFever
02-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Looks good! Too bad they wont be ready for the Sportsman show I could have picked mine up then. The AO decal will be the next thing I do to pimp my new ride, an '10 GMC!!

pdfish
02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Looks good! Too bad they wont be ready for the Sportsman show I could have picked mine up then. The AO decal will be the next thing I do to pimp my new ride, an '10 GMC!!

I don't think Rob would like to have AO associated with inferior products!!:evilgrin:

mtylerb
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't think Rob would like to have AO associated with inferior products!!:evilgrin:

x5! :evilgrin:

FallAirFever
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM

GM's and Chevs have been good to me so far, and the truck is free! So i am not complaining! My current '06 has 245,000 kms on it and is running good, has never given me a day of trouble.

mtylerb
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
GM's and Chevs have been good to me so far, and the truck is free! So i am not complaining! My current '06 has 245,000 kms on it and is running good, has never given me a day of trouble.

Just giving you a hard time. :p

mooseknuckle
02-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Here's what I have. I couldn't wait but I'll definately sport the official version when they are available. If the mods are interested in a quote for this item, I know not allowed to advertise but in the case I'll take my chances.

Big Bull
02-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm not so sure - he's got that decal on his Dodge!:evilgrin:

pdfish
02-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm not so sure - he's got that decal on his Dodge!:evilgrin:

touche! I was waiting for that.

Rob Miskosky
02-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Good one Big Bull! :lol: I hope that ugly old Dodge gets the chance to haul your sorry butt around Jasper again this spring. :wave: Or maybe the Maligne and some ice again...

noneck180
02-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I am thinking of getting one done in my NEW avatar LOL,, :lol::lol:,, nephew is decal expert

Big Bull
02-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Good one Big Bull! :lol: I hope that ugly old Dodge gets the chance to haul your sorry butt around Jasper again this spring. :wave: Or maybe the Maligne and some ice again...

Ready when you are!

Geezle
02-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Looks good Rob!

Any idea how that would work on the soft windows on my Jeep :o

Walleyes
02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Awesome Rob..

I will go for at least 2.. I might,,,, might even consider putting one on my boat,,,,, nah sorry just can't do that to my baby no stickers aloud. But 1 for the truck and one for the R.V. guaranteed..

deerhunter
02-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Good suggestion

Big Bull
02-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Awesome Rob..

I will go for at least 2.. I might,,,, might even consider putting one on my boat,,,,, nah sorry just can't do that to my baby no stickers aloud. But 1 for the truck and one for the R.V. guaranteed..
Yup, my truck is 15 years old, and this is the first decal that will be "truck worthy" on it!

The Rog Man
02-03-2010, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=The Rog Man;500045]So what did I miss?
Everybody is saying the sticker looks great,
where is it???
Who has a pic of it?

Well i thought i was going crazy but have now realized that a pop up blocker I have on my computer was not allowing me too see the new decal. I have disabled it and now see what you guys are talking about.
I wonder what else I have missed because of that program?

BlackHeart
02-08-2010, 12:44 AM
I would buy a few decals, for my ice shack and for my truck.

I have thought about making my own for the ice shack, but I'd rather purchase one from Rob and help support the forum.

I see you changed your avatar-:lol::lol::lol:- neat how that thread went.