PDA

View Full Version : Minnewanka

cuda
07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Any luck on minnewanka for lakers? does any body target the rainbows looking for advice going out there this weekend thanks.

300Ultra
07-18-2007, 09:26 PM
And next weekend I am heading for Banff for two weeks of camping. Thought I might rent a boat and take a run at some lakers. Has anyone had any luck with this?

TreeGuy
07-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey Cuda, how'd you fare? We spent about 18 hours on the water and the only thing I caught was a sunburn and a slight hangover!:D We had a couple on but lost 'em. Without a fishfinder in there you are spinning your wheels IMHO. The ONLY luck I've had on that piece of water has been BAD luck!:mad3: However, we haven't sunk the boat yet, and have had a number of big fish on, so we keep going back....suckers for punishment I guess. Yet if you are going to be punished, it's a damn pretty place to do it!:)

Tree

thumper
07-18-2007, 10:52 PM
The guides at Minnewanka have been steadily finding their clients fish. I saw a 21 pounder brought in by a Banff Fishing Unlimited boat yesterday. Usually the guides are successful in getting folks to release the big ones - but not this time.
The lakers are in their summer haunts - a 3 1/2" tube jig bounced of the bottom slowly seems to be the most consistent lure now.

Some un-guided folks on the rental boats are doing well, fishing the west (left) shoreline near the drop-offs. You don't need to travel that far down the lake.

Andrew

cuda
07-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Tree Guy sorry for the late response.We landed two lakers at the stumps ,a couple cedar trout and four lost Kokanee.