PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Transit Peace Officers

moosemad
11-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Anyone see this video yet? It has been edited by the *****es that shot the video. They are claiming brutality by the officers. It starts out with the guy standing on a C train bench smoking a joint. Warning, contains offensive language and according to the thugs brutality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAAOweGL_xI

Whiskey Wish
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Two dirt bags down...about four or five more to go in that video. I only hope they continued to beak off and refuse to comply when the police took them into the cells. :evilgrin:
Schools in...and you're about to be taught a life lesson.

Keep Your Powder Dry,
Dave.

winged1
11-20-2009, 10:45 AM
who else will spank bad boys after they leave home?

packhuntr
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM
The whole works shoulda been pistol whipped. Unfortunately those soft bellied town punks would only be the start. I couldnt imagine the life these people live. In the end, at or close to death, they really think theyve done something... Sad. Its just not normal, nor is it healthy.

Boss442
11-20-2009, 11:23 AM
What nobody going to defend these kids rights!! Thier out just having fun!! Why did the police react like that:lol: I would file a complaint, charge the Officers, call the media:lol: "I WOULD WANT THEIR JOBS" "I WOULD WANT THIER CAHONISE ON A PLATTER" .................................

dmckay
11-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I know there are some stupid people out there......but really??! Those Transit cops showed more restraint than most could have. Little sh$%#

Kale_M
11-20-2009, 11:35 AM
i think they for got to take into consideration that there are cameras on the platform that caught the real version of what hapened...what there video fails to show is the one guy shoving the officer before he gets sprayed...

the knee strikes are to gain compliance, which is what they did. He never used anymore after the guy put his hands behind his back.

haha and the first thing the guy says at the start of the video is and I quote "Cody is goign to get arrested before he even gets back in the Bar".....

bobjoe
11-20-2009, 11:39 AM
What nobody going to defend these kids rights!! Thier out just having fun!! Why did the police react like that:lol: I would file a complaint, charge the Officers, call the media:lol:

I can understand why you would say that, but it is very clear that the video is has been edited. Of course they are not going to sho what they did to get them selves arrested. But they got what they deserved. Break the law no matter how small and suffer the consequences. In that situation the members there could have used much more force than what they did on the two that are showed being arrested. There is nothing there that shows excessive force. They acted within the scope of their duty. Just my 2 cents.

dogboy
11-20-2009, 11:43 AM
If It was one or 2 punks then ya it may MAY be excessive force but they where outnumbered by like 3 to 1
from what I can see
I would not have split like that and go after the second dumb A## but that was the heat of the moment
I see nothing else wrong with what they did
don't be a dum@## and don't resist arrest and if your going to go smoke up don't do it in public you idiot

Boss442
11-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I can understand why you would say that, but it is very clear that the video is has been edited. Of course they are not going to sho what they did to get them selves arrested. But they got what they deserved. Break the law no matter how small and suffer the consequences. In that situation the members there could have used much more force than what they did on the two that are showed being arrested. There is nothing there that shows excessive force. They acted within the scope of their duty. Just my 2 cents.

LMFAO........Sorry just being "facetious"
Check out the post "has this ever happened to you" in the hunting discussion

DuckBrat
11-20-2009, 12:08 PM
The sad state of a large and growing chunk of today's youth. Hobbies, sports, and spending a little time with these kids when they were younger may have helped avoid this. Just a thought.

TheClash
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM

haha....what we don't know is if the kids we doing anything illegal..if they weren't then they have a case. if they were....they don't.

just as the drivers in the thread you referenced were not doing anything illegal.

Sundancefisher
11-20-2009, 12:48 PM
haha....what we don't know is if the kids we doing anything illegal..if they weren't then they have a case. if they were....they don't.

just as the drivers in the thread you referenced were not doing anything illegal.

Ahhh...the stupidity of youth. The homies in prison will educate them on proper respect to their protector...

Ignorant kids like that make all the kids out doing community volunteering, sports and education activities get forgotten...

Unfortunately in Calgary they are starting to act like that at age 12/13 these days.

They got what they deserve if they were found guilty.

Mad_Mikee
11-20-2009, 01:01 PM
We need a show of hands, how many people here actually ride the Calgary C-train?

Oh..Oh..Oh...I do!

Ride the Ctrain for a week and I guarantee you'll be next in line behind the C-train cops to lay a beating down on these punks.

The C-train cops let so much stuff go already because they arent paid enough to get involved or to deal with people passed out drunk or idiots causing trouble.

Just ride the Ctrain one night around 9 or 10pm and you'd wish you had a concealed carry permit.

I've got off the train at my stop on more than one occasion around 10pm. It's a bit concerning when there is a group of 5 or 6 kids following very close behind. Sure they may be 14 or 15 but there are 5 or 6 of them.

I just know the first one who gets too close is going to get the pointy end of my truck key in the throat.

moosemad
11-20-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree Mikee, I don't spend much time on city transit but my son uses it every night (works midnights) and has to travel across town to get there. Scares the bejesus out of me every time you hear of an assault or robbery at one of the stations. There should be zero tolerance and if you act up you would getwhat you deserve, no questions asked. Too many incidents along with adults being swarmed by kids and beaten, not just on the transit system. These officers are laying their lives on the line and should be totally backed just like our troops.:mad3:

mtylerb
11-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Lol, I can't wait for part two.

Gotta love "the hulk" near the end, "I've got 15 years hapkido!" :lol:

James Henry
11-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Hopefully those idiots try to show the video to the judge in their defence. The LRT guys take way too much abuse. I hear them get called every name in the book...bacon bits, point-five-o etc etc

albertadave
11-20-2009, 03:29 PM
My hat's off to transit cops. I don't know if I could show that kind of restraint with some spoiled little puke, who thinks he's a bad *****ed gangsta, sceaming in my face like that. A few more knees to the ribs would have been good for the little turd.

209x50
11-20-2009, 05:15 PM
My hat's off to transit cops. I don't know if I could show that kind of restraint with some spoiled little puke, who thinks he's a bad *****ed gangsta, sceaming in my face like that. A few more knees to the ribs would have been good for the little turd.
X2
Those rats are the poster childern for birth control. Who raises wastes of skin like that?

bobjoe
11-20-2009, 05:22 PM

After I posted I figured you ment it that way. Oh well.

fallen1817
11-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Just going to express my opinion.

I know that police, or any authoritative figure for that matter, do alot of work to clean up society. Society being a very general term of course. But it's videos like this that make me rather angry. People doing **** like this, just to see what kind of reaction they will get out of an officer. It draws a crowd, and then the people that come to watch start bad-mouthing the officer. Its just terrible. I understand that little ****-ants like those kids on the video won't know what the reasonable force is, and they are probably just doing this for fun, but at the end of the day, the officer is going to do whatever he/she can to make it home to see their families.

Another thing that burns me up, but not as much, is when an incident happens involving an officer that does not know a certain regulation. I know I would be upset if I had my rifles taken from me, and yes, that officer did over-react. by alot. but when something like this happens, it seems everyone says that the media should be called, and so should the prime minister and this and that, as well as the CEO of Coca-cola. Everyone does not need to know about this. it seems to me that it is very similar to the whole poachers hunters thing. One poacher taints all the hunters' image. Well, one officer makes a mistake, it taints the whole force. Just something that kind of bugs me. Again, this is just my general opinion.

And I probably shouldn't call them "kids," as I am most likely younger than they are.

Rant over. :innocent:

On a happier note, last week I was conditionally accepted to the Correctional Services Program at Grant MacEwan. I look forward to a diploma, and in the future, taking down **** weeds like the ones in the video :evilgrin:

Grizzly Adams
11-20-2009, 06:35 PM
They'll probably be showing this, as a training film, for Transit cops. :lol:
Grizz

buckbrush
11-20-2009, 07:01 PM
That is just stupid. I went to school with this guy in grade 4-6. He is "Cody The Catch" an up and comming wana be rapper who is gonna make it big.

The worst part is this guy has to be about 23 in the video. We used to be friends back then and I was always jealous that he could do anything he wanted and the worst punishment was being sent to his room. He would tell his mom to f-off and stole $1000 from her his punishment was he was grounded. In my opinion a swift kick in the ***** back then might have sent this fool in the right direction. I know it worked on me anyhow.

I could not imagine having the restraint these officers had. That would be a very stressful moment when somone is trying your authority and a group of people is talking you down.

If that was me there would have been no question on if exess force was used I would have put a real good woopin on everyone involved. Maby if these peoples parents would have done there job that wouldn't be needed.

Anyhow Good job to the officers. They have a job I would not be able to stand for many reasons the can do it and still stay professional.

Mad_Mikee
11-20-2009, 07:42 PM
On a happier note, last week I was conditionally accepted to the Correctional Services Program at Grant MacEwan. I look forward to a diploma, and in the future, taking down **** weeds like the ones in the video :evilgrin:

Make sure you pay attention in the "hello ass, meet my foot" course.

DarkAisling
11-20-2009, 09:17 PM
We need a show of hands, how many people here actually ride the Calgary C-train?

*Raises Hand*

I just know the first one who gets too close is going to get the pointy end of my truck key in the throat.

I place my key-chain in my right hand, and then feed my keys up through my fingers . . . kind of like Wolverine's claws. If someone comes after me, and I can get a punch in, s/he is going to be in a LOT of pain.

I feed my keys through my fingers like that in parking lots, elevators, on the C-Train, and wherever else I feel my personal safety could be threated. That's often, as I work on 7th Ave right across from the "Crack Mac's" and the platform where that chick killed the kid when she pushed him into the train (also had a guy shot in our building's back alley New Year's '07).

Matt L.
11-20-2009, 09:42 PM
sounds like a nice neighbourhood...:scared:

DarkAisling
11-20-2009, 10:00 PM
sounds like a nice neighbourhood...:scared:

Here's a link to a brief article on the C-Train death:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2009/11/09/calgary-pasqua-c-train-prevost-guilty.html

I was still sitting at my desk when it happened. I work on the 10th floor of the building, on the side of the building that faces that platform, and I could hear the screaming. More transit cops are certainly needed at all of the downtown platforms, but I think the one across from my work might be the worst.

Here's a blurb on the New Year's Eve shooting (happened during the day):
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=680b7b3a-3a8e-4b5b-964d-0eb5bd4d4da7

I heard the gun shots from my desk, but I thought it was a car backfiring at first. It was more than a little disturbing to look down into the alley from a co-worker's office (on the opposite side of the building from mine) and see a guy lying dead on the ground.

Oh, how I dream of the small town I grew up in. :(

Matt L.
11-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Wow,that's nasty. Makes me very glad I live where I do. True, the police are further away, but a lot less pop. does mean a lot less crime.

Mad_Mikee
11-21-2009, 04:00 PM
*Raises Hand*

I place my key-chain in my right hand, and then feed my keys up through my fingers . . . kind of like Wolverine's claws. If someone comes after me, and I can get a punch in, s/he is going to be in a LOT of pain.

I feed my keys through my fingers like that in parking lots, elevators, on the C-Train, and wherever else I feel my personal safety could be threated. That's often, as I work on 7th Ave right across from the "Crack Mac's" and the platform where that chick killed the kid when she pushed him into the train (also had a guy shot in our building's back alley New Year's '07).

I know the exact area you work in. I work on the other end of downtown pretty much on the ctrain line. My office is right across from the Palomino, the Pawn Shops, CUPS (Community health center) and the Legion.

Maybe I'm not overly soft but for me it's hard to feel sorry for a guy who got pushed infront of the Ctrain after he ripped off a crack head in a drug deal.
I'm sure anyone who's nick name is "12 Gage" and sells drugs on the Ctrain platform isnt a pillar of the community.

DarkAisling
11-21-2009, 05:04 PM
I know the exact area you work in. I work on the other end of downtown pretty much on the ctrain line. My office is right across from the Palomino, the Pawn Shops, CUPS (Community health center) and the Legion.

That's an ugly area too. My son, who was 13 at the time and on his way to school, was chased down by some idiot waving his jacket and screaming out something about God in that area.

Wasn't someone pushed off a platform down there in front of a train a year, or so, ago after a Flames game? I seem to remember it being around the same time the gent in Edmonton was pushed off a platform and killed by a train.

Maybe I'm not overly soft but for me it's hard to feel sorry for a guy who got pushed infront of the Ctrain after he ripped off a crack head in a drug deal.
I'm sure anyone who's nick name is "12 Gage" and sells drugs on the Ctrain platform isnt a pillar of the community.

The most disturbing thing about that incident for me is that it happened around 4:45 pm. The platform was full of people waiting for the train to head home. It would have been pretty easy for a bystander to have been affected in a very negative way by the scuffle.

The @$$holes on the platforms put everyone else at risk, too.

honda450
11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
I will tell ya my boys would never do such a thing. And if they did the police would be too soft on them compare to me and the pit bull (Mom). She got the fear of the Lord into them. :lol::lol:

Roughneck12
11-21-2009, 06:43 PM
The video has apparently been removed. Pity.

Nerdapres'
11-22-2009, 10:31 AM

I don't wanna be a downer, but have you ever punched anything with your keys like that, it'll hurt you just as much as the other person. Try it sometime on a couch cushion or something.

Sundancefisher
11-22-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't wanna be a downer, but have you ever punched anything with your keys like that, it'll hurt you just as much as the other person. Try it sometime on a couch cushion or something.

Some of them new keys have a huge plastic end on them... Might be different that a straight metal key?

Sundancefisher
11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
The video has apparently been removed. Pity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpqPpA33PII

mtylerb
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Some of them new keys have a huge plastic end on them... Might be different that a straight metal key?

Besides, if you ever had to use that, the adrenaline rushing through your system would numb any pain you received from such a move.

Nationwide
11-22-2009, 03:59 PM
packhuntr wrote:In the end, at or close to death, they really think theyve done something... Sad.:huh: I dont think when it comes there time they will give two SH_TS What they have done .:lol::lol: