PDA

View Full Version : Not cool

Rustynuts
11-20-2009, 06:40 PM
On my way home from work, I was startled by the sound of hoves on the pavement,(window down having a smoke) I look over to be staring a Buck right in the eye! He turned around and started back the way he came then BAM another guy tagged him. It was right on the edge of town maybe 300yards from princess auto. I spun around on the HWY and parked behind the deer, very much alive! He sat there with his head up while I called the authorities. After 15mins I was given the green light to handle it in the safest way I can. So I waited for the lights to turn red and handled it fast and discrete (except for the BANG). Didn't like to have to do it but that deer was not going no where, his legs were busted up bad.:(

9mikemike
11-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Where the heck did that happen. Not many people get the go ahead to euthanize an animal in or near a town. I'm assuming you were near a town because of the traffic lights.

Really sucks when you don't get a chance to take them fairly and have to do that.:mad:

Can't watch them suffer though either.:(

Rustynuts
11-20-2009, 06:59 PM
West of loydminster, I timed it so the lights were red one way, and the traffic light the other. the lights are a ways off so I was able to make sure things were good and safe! Person on the phone assured me the conversation was recorded and F&W were a ways a way and to go ahead if I felt comfortable. I tried to use my knife, but every time I got close he would start thrashing his head around and I didn't want to get stuck by an antler. But they said I could use my Firearm.

180+
11-20-2009, 07:06 PM
almost same thing happened to my dad 2 weeks ago on hiway 43 by Sangudo a truck tagged a bull moose and broke its back and killed a duramax!! He called fish and feathers and they sent rcmp!! The young member that showed up was scared as hell to shoot it and gave the go ahead for the old man to put it down!! When my dad talked to the game warden he said it was no problem as long as they have knowledge of it!!

Matt L.
11-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow, makes ya wonder if that other guy even saw him. Was the highway very busy at the time?

I'm curious, where is the F&W office in that town? I know Lloyd pretty well, but don't have a clue where the office is!

Rustynuts
11-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Wow, makes ya wonder if that other guy even saw him. Was the highway very busy at the time?

I'm curious, where is the F&W office in that town? I know Lloyd pretty well, but don't have a clue where the office is!

I've never been to the office. I was told they were busy out buy Kitscoty and if I could handle it they would be ok with that.
The other guy, I seen him pull over but never seen him come back I assume he checked out his truck then kept going. Where the deer got hit was a 60km zone that winds out to 80 then 110 really quick.

Knownonscents
11-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Any meat salvagable?