PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Few Good Men

jts1
11-20-2009, 07:34 PM
I have a friend who works with underprivileged kids. We have been floating around the idea of getting a doz kids or so out on the ice. We could do a little Jr Derby so to speak with prizes for all kids of course. He has asked me if i might be able to find a few good men who would like to come out and get involved with this. We would pair you up with a kid and have a blast I am sure. It would be a day event with all the fixings Hot choc , food ect. I may have someone willing to bring out a dog sled and give the kids a ride or two. If you are willing to get involved in a great event for all the right reasons feel free to post here. Thank you..

Topwater
11-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Do you have a date and location in mind? Would love to help it its not to far away.

hal53
11-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Let me /us know when and where, sure you'll be overwhelmed by the response!!!
Hal

WayneChristie
11-20-2009, 09:19 PM
if its around here Im in. OK within 3 or 4 hours Im in

WayneChristie
11-20-2009, 09:20 PM
How about Travers or Newell? Havent done much icefishing in this area yet, but I am planning on learning the tricks.

jts1
11-20-2009, 09:28 PM
It will take a few weeks to get it together. The first step was finding guys to come out. Once I have a group of fella's we will put it in gear. Thank you guys for offering your time.

WayneChristie
11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
It will take a few weeks to get it together. The first step was finding guys to come out. Once I have a group of fella's we will put it in gear. Thank you guys for offering your time.

have fun fishing and support a good cause, nah, you wont find may takers on here :D might have to find a few more kids Im thinking!

nicemustang
11-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Jeff, I'd be willing to help out for sure. It would be cool if we could get this at Lake Sundance...lots of fish to catch and not to far to go. Just my suggestion.

tonyflyfish
11-20-2009, 11:06 PM
PM me with an address and I will send cash for a prize or food or however you chose to invest it.
t

jts1
11-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Jeff, I'd be willing to help out for sure. It would be cool if we could get this at Lake Sundance...lots of fish to catch and not to far to go. Just my suggestion.

That is a great idea. Lots of perch in there. First and most important is getting the kids on top of fish for sure. Will talk to Sundancefisher and see what we can arrange. My partner is going to get CJ involved as well guess he has a friend there. We could do it as a A/O Kids day or something. As long as we wouldn't be step'n over any lines Might have to get someone with some pull around here to give us the go ahead for that.

PM me with an address and I will send cash for a prize or food or however you chose to invest it.
t

That is way cool of you. It is a gov funded program so anything you did I would send back a receipt for tax right off

bsnyder
11-21-2009, 06:47 AM
:wave:Good for you guys , we are in SASK so cant help:( The NAWT does the same thing in summer and I hear it was a huge success.Bless you for thinking of Kids in need:wave:

WayneChristie
11-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Lake Sundance would be cool, I would love to bring home some perch, and help a good cause. I was one of those kids, and believe me I remember every minute of those occasions!

hard_azz
11-21-2009, 07:59 AM
i will deffinately help out on this one as long as im not working... i can always take a couple days off for a good cause... im sure the boss will understand and if he doesnt then hes not the kind of man i wanna work for haha... i think the perch fishing is a really good idea... as we all know wat happens when u get a school of them below ya... it doesnt mater to me where we go (i live in blackfalds so im pretty central)... anyways ya im up for an adventure like this... ill stay tuned for the details

Geezle
11-21-2009, 08:14 AM
As long as it's not waaaaaaay south you can count me in :wave:

Sir. Kenneth
11-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey Jeff,
Yeah im sure me and my cuz would be up for it as long as i have the weekend off. Im pretty sure a buddy of mine from work would be up for it too. Sunday's work best for me.

Where ya been by the way??? You don't call, you don't write??? :tongue2:

AlbertaAngler
11-21-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm in too

YeeHaw
11-21-2009, 06:56 PM
If you want to come up Edmonton way, the perch in Spring lake are thick. If you decide on something within a three hour drive, im in.

bushman53
11-21-2009, 10:41 PM
count me in

chimpac
11-21-2009, 11:01 PM
I will set up a 14'x21' fully enclosed tarp shelter and keep a fire in two 5 gallon wood stoves in the shelter. If that would be what you could use let me know. If we could set up where the fish are the kids would love it I am sure.

brianscott
11-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Count me in Jeff, would love to help out.

jrcw
11-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Being up in the Peace Country this would be a little too far away for me, but hats off to you for putting something like this together. Getting kids into the outdoors can make a big difference in their lives, not to mention our sport!

WayneChristie
11-23-2009, 07:11 PM
If you cant manage to do it at Lake Sundance, Enchant pond is swarming with perch, not really big but very plentiful. And the odd trout too. You could probably just reach in and grab some there are so many. Unless Keljays wife is there, then they all dissapear :lol:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
11-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Jeff I'm sure myself could come , Maybe speak with Rumtan good friend of mine he probably be in for it as well as long as it doesnt overlap his tournament .

riderpride55
11-24-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm in. if the date works for me

fisherwoman
11-28-2009, 12:54 AM
As long as its not too far I would also like to help out. Will watch for details about when and where.

jts1
11-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Thank you all for your interest. I have passed on that we have more than enough people to help out. I should have an answer in a week or so. Everyone hat has offered to come out GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK. I have done gatherings and got out with a shatload of you guys. And once again you all have shown that this site's members are top shelf.

WayneChristie
11-28-2009, 09:17 AM
got my insta shak yesterday in the mail. Im ready now!!!!!! Im looking forward to meeting more members and seeing some kids smiling !!!!!! keep us posted Jeff!

James Henry
12-02-2009, 04:40 AM
We are in as well, let us know where-n-when

goose
12-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi jeff, if you need some help please call me. I didn't get back to you this weekend as I was after my mulie buck down south. Are you folks still going to Burnstick lake area?
goose

ducky_hunter
12-03-2009, 11:09 AM
I am in I have 3 tents and 2 ice augers and lots of rods

jts1
12-07-2009, 09:43 AM
I got an email stating that the idea has been pasted. The details are being worked out. There will be some security issues that will need to be worked out I am sure. "IF" a waver of some kind is needed from all of us would that be a problem for anyone ? I dont think we have any FBI Top 10's on here. A few of us could use a Syc Evaluation from time to time "me included" but I believe we are a long way from the padded room.

At a glance it seems like a great start. We have arranged a horse drawn sleigh ride , A dog team. Food and hot drinks have been offered , Fireworks at the end of the event. A EMT has volunteered his time , so safety issue has been dealt with. Transportation I believe will be offered by a ski shuttle service out of Calgary. Along with all of you and what you have to offer this could be a great event and turn into a regular thing.

I just want to thank each and everyone of you for the time and resources you have offered. this is exactly how we will sustain a reliable fishery for the generations to come. Of all the means of teaching kids out there today. The physical act of getting them out there and seeing first hand what a joy this sport we all know and love gives them. Is a far better teaching tool than any other if you ask me.

Besides.... The reward that myself and all of you will get from being a part of something that is as genuine as this will be worth every second of your time. Thank you all very much.. I will be posting more details soon

AlbertaAngler
12-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Sounds awesome, looks like you've got a lot of fun stuff on the go. No problem with the waiver. I'll be able to bring a hub style tent and heater with a few extra rods as well.

Mudslide
12-07-2009, 12:07 PM
I hate to have to say this, but what you need more than a waiver, is a police background check for all the adults involved. That's just the way it is now a days. The safety of the kids should be paramount. I would be willing to help out with this event depending on timing.

WayneChristie
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
dont think you need a police check to take some kids fishing, as long as it isnt overnight. I have no problem with any checks, If they decide we need a police check better get the details way in advance, Im pretty sure it takes quite a while, last one I got did. (and I passed):tongue2:

rxxxm22
12-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I have a friend who works with underprivileged kids. We have been floating around the idea of getting a doz kids or so out on the ice. We could do a little Jr Derby so to speak with prizes for all kids of course. He has asked me if i might be able to find a few good men who would like to come out and get involved with this. We would pair you up with a kid and have a blast I am sure. It would be a day event with all the fixings Hot choc , food ect. I may have someone willing to bring out a dog sled and give the kids a ride or two. If you are willing to get involved in a great event for all the right reasons feel free to post here. Thank you..

This sounds like a fantastic idea .....I would be glad to help any way I could

Ron {Grampa and the Gkids }