PDA

View Full Version : Man shot in hunting accident W of Edmonton

Don Meredith
11-22-2009, 07:38 AM
http://bit.ly/7F0zJM

Shmag
11-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Oh man that's terrible, i hope it's not life threatening and he make's a full recovery. This shouldn't happen in a million year's...sad...:(

huntin'fool
11-22-2009, 08:39 AM
You're absolutely right shmag, that should never happen.....but like you tag says, common sense just ain't common no more.

PoppaW
11-22-2009, 10:41 AM
We don't even know if he fell on his gun and it went off. I hope he's OK but not enough info in that release.

Shmag
11-22-2009, 10:46 AM
We don't even know if he fell on his gun and it went off. I hope he's OK but not enough info in that release.

So true... not too much info in the story written. Either way hope he's OK

Nationwide
11-22-2009, 04:44 PM
So true... not too much info in the story written. Either way hope he's OK

I would agree not much info i wonder if he was wearing orange.

gramps73
11-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Sad to read, wish there was more info.

CaberTosser
11-22-2009, 06:03 PM
It is a little lacking on info for sure: it could be a self-inflicted accident, another member of his party or a total stranger behind the trigger that caused his injury. Heck, plenty of guys have been shot by a dog or a twig setting off the trigger if the firearm isn't properly unloaded or on safe. I do hope the wounded person manages a good recovery from this.

To quote the Sergeant on the old Hill Street Blues TV show " Lets be careful out there."

Slannesh
11-22-2009, 09:53 PM
I have to assume it's the same guy or it's been a very unlucky weekend in the area.

I believe a friend of my wife is related to the person in question. I'll see if I can get more details but from what I was told thus far it was an accident, he somehow dropped his rifle while hunting and it went off, hitting him in the chest in the process. AFAIK injuries were not life threatening but are serious.