PDA

View Full Version : Advice on ice fishing Lake Diefenbaker and accommodations

Ditty
11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Hello,
I am looking to get out of town around New Year's for a solitary fishing retreat. I'd like to try Lake Diefenbaker and am wondering if someone can advise as to accommodations this time of year. Ideally, I'd like a cabin or B&B, something as quiet as possible.

Also, any advice on where to start on this huge lake?

jts1
11-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Oh my thats a great question. I an from just down the road from there, Grew up fishing that lake. You never know what you are going to get out there. I will send you some info.

Ditty
11-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks, please PM me.

goose
11-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Hello there, the closest and best place to stay would be in Swift Current. There are a number of hotels there to stay in depending what comfort level you are seeking. There is a couple of good resteraunts there, wongs kitchen -chinese food, the K motel has really good western food, Houston pizza is another really good spot to eat. Most of the hotels and motels are along the hiway on the north end of town where you need to catch the road (hiway #4) going north to Dief. The best western is probably the nicest in my opinion to stay at which is right beside Carol's Diner which also has pretty good food.

hope this helps
Goose

Bear Ballz
11-24-2009, 05:11 PM
stayed here a couple years ago, really nice places. Its a small town so it's amenities are few but what they have is good ie. restaurants and such

http://www.sarahscovecondorentals.com/Home.htm

WayneChristie
11-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh man, I didnt realize I was so close, 4 hours to giant rainbows!!!!!! Already scheming for next summer now! I fished Dief before it was even finished, in my military days. Some nice pike back then.

castaway
11-24-2009, 07:17 PM
my idea of heaven is solitary fishing @ Lake Diefenbaker. Elbow, SK. has many cabins for rent or you might just want to hunker down around Riverhurst or Lucky Lake at a local hotel. keep us posted and i envy you!!:wave:

rlang
11-24-2009, 07:38 PM
i was there in late sept stayed at hitchcok hidaway
$39.00 a night in lodge small town close by for breakfast
good pike fishing right in hichcock bay itself

you can find them on the intern

good luck hope you enjoy were ever you stay

richard

TJG
12-01-2009, 12:58 AM
my idea of heaven is solitary fishing @ Lake Diefenbaker. Elbow, SK. has many cabins for rent or you might just want to hunker down around Riverhurst or Lucky Lake at a local hotel. keep us posted and i envy you!!:wave:

X2 on Riverhurst, its beside the lake and the hotel is good.
Restrant and bar are A1.
Goose is rite too but swift is full of rats
and its a ways to deif from swift, google it

froggy
12-01-2009, 01:26 AM
what do u guys use to catch thoes big rainbows in Diefenbaker lake?

sheephunter
12-01-2009, 01:42 PM
The Mainstay in Riverhurst is an awesome place to stay with a great restaurant. The golf course at Elbow used to rent out condos as well. It would be worth checking on. Nothing like jumping in a hottub after a hard day of fishing.

Bear Ballz
12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
The Mainstay in Riverhurst is an awesome place to stay with a great restaurant. The golf course at Elbow used to rent out condos as well. It would be worth checking on. Nothing like jumping in a hottub after a hard day of fishing.

sheephunter
12-01-2009, 02:23 PM

Sorry, I missed the link in your post above. Ya, that's the place....it's really nice.