PDA

View Full Version : listening to the wife !!!

alittlej
11-24-2009, 03:15 PM
i have a chance to win some big big brownie points [and off some of that honey to do list ] but i need some help...please

while driving to town today in the car she said something to the effect that for x-mas i could get her a gift card to a shooting range for pistols !!!! she did do her restricted licience coarse this summer at the ahie camp for women only... so where can i get her what she wants this year? we do travel to edmonton ever now and then

thanks

Brent
11-24-2009, 03:20 PM
In west edmonton Mall there is a shooting range. Wild West Shooting Range it is on the West End of the mall next to the movie theatre. Try that i am sure it is still open??

Dick284
11-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Where do you live?

lovetheoutdoors
11-24-2009, 03:46 PM
The Shooting Edge in Calgary is great

nicemustang
11-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Yep, happy wife = happy life.

WayneChristie
11-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Im thinking with a pistol packing mamma you might better keep on her good side all the time!!!!!:lol::lol:

alittlej
11-24-2009, 09:17 PM
we live in the cold lake area
have heard the wife say " happy wife = happy life" have also heard we have 10 acrea's and a shovel.... but the new one is " it is an accident ...only if they find the body ....
pistol packing mama :huh:
hey guys not to worry i send her to the ahiea womens only week-end to give her a much needed break from the family and treat her like the princess she realy is....:scared::scared:

mtylerb
11-25-2009, 03:41 AM
In west edmonton Mall there is a shooting range. Wild West Shooting Range it is on the West End of the mall next to the movie theatre. Try that i am sure it is still open??

Don't go there. It's one of those over priced celebrity ranges. Pictures of all the celebrities that have shot there hanging on the wall. Seems like that is their major selling point. It's also only a 20 yard range.

I prefer the Phoenix over on 76 Ave just east of 50 St. They have an indoor rifle range (40 yards) as well as pistol range (25 yards). I find it much more relaxing place to shoot. No celebrity mugs on those walls.

Just my personal opinions, not necessarily shared by others here. Yes, I have issues, you don't? :tongue2:

Janitor Pants
11-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Don't go there. It's one of those over priced celebrity ranges. Pictures of all the celebrities that have shot there hanging on the wall. Seems like that is their major selling point. It's also only a 20 yard range.

X2

I was going to buy a membership there as my wife enjoys shopping at the mall and I thought it would be a fun way for me to pass the time. I was informed that it was alright to bring my own handguns to the range, but I would have to purchase their ammo exclusively, which is just about double what it costs anywhere else. Big deal breaker.

Faststeel
11-25-2009, 06:34 PM
X2

I was going to buy a membership there as my wife enjoys shopping at the mall and I thought it would be a fun way for me to pass the time. I was informed that it was alright to bring my own handguns to the range, but I would have to purchase their ammo exclusively, which is just about double what it costs anywhere else. Big deal breaker.

Plus it isn't even new factory ammo, it is reloaded, went their on a date 5 years ago, 2 guns and 2 boxes of ammo was well over $100.00, didn't even get lucky...... FS

TreeGuy
11-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Plus it isn't even new factory ammo, it is reloaded, went their on a date 5 years ago, 2 guns and 2 boxes of ammo was well over $100.00, didn't even get lucky...... FS

:lol:
Probably shouldn't have rented the pink .22 for yourself then.:D

Sorry dude, couldn't resist. Cleanest one I could come up with.:lol:

Tree

rhuntley12
11-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Probably shouldn't have rented the pink .22 for yourself then.:D

Sorry dude, couldn't resist. Cleanest one I could come up with.:lol:

Tree

I bought a pink shotgun as my first gun and I have no problem using it and I'll take the abuse people give me as for in the long run it's worth it. She now is looking at a pink 22 and she won't care when I buy more guns for myself and is interested in shooting now.

Even talking about getting membership at gun range to do skeet shooting, this from someone who never shot a gun before 2 months ago and never wanted to.

Okotokian
11-26-2009, 08:07 AM
I would check around Cold Lake, whre you could shoot more.

1- The Cold Lake District Sportsmen Club is listed under Alberta Gun Clubs. They may have a range.

2. Call the airbase. I bet they know of a club or have one themselves for their members to practice at.

alittlej
11-26-2009, 09:50 AM
yes we have 3 clubs in the area
1] cold lake fish and game with range.... club is slowly dieing and range is falling apart
2] bonneyville fish and game ...nice club not sure how active they are but now range of their owen
3 bonnyville gun club .... very nice range !!! have been a member of this club for a few years now... last year i changed my membership for personal to family as my 13 year daughter is now starting to get into shooting and THIS YEAR SHE GOT HER FIRST DEER !!!! she is learning how to shoot using MY WIFES pink 22. we have purchased a 270 for my daughter and my wife is now looking at wanting a pink shotguns so she could start shooting trap.

we have a few ladies in the shooting club that shoot pistal but timeing is the problem this is why i was looking for a pistol range in edmonton that we could go to for a "ROMANTIC WEEK-END GET-A-WAY :innocent::innocent:"

derek

Okotokian
11-26-2009, 10:06 AM
i was looking for a pistol range in edmonton that we could go to for a "ROMANTIC WEEK-END GET-A-WAY :innocent::innocent:"

derek

Ahhh OK, that clarifies a few things. A "Guns n' Roses" weekend eh? ;)

In that case West Edmonton Mall range seems like the perfect choice. Stay in a theme room at the Fantasy Land Hotel, do a little shopping, have dinner, shoot, see a movie. Maybe catch an Oilers game or a play, concert, etc.

fisher Gord
11-26-2009, 07:31 PM
The Bonnyville Fish and Game is very active and has over 300 members. We have indoor archery range and are hosting the archery part of the Alberta winter games. Our annual general meeting is Dec 1 this year, we can always use new voluteers.