PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer Bucks

tbosch
11-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Anybody else know of the two beauty muleys and one monster whitetail in red deer? It's really nice to see mature deer i... Some times i wish they'd wander outside the city limits though

chris262
11-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Yup, Saw a montster white tale buck heading south on Taylor Dr. down the north hill, west side of the road.

blackpheasant
11-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Haven't heard about those particular Deer but we had a big bull moose that used to terrorize our neighborhood, had a big ringneck running around the yard one fall and sometimes late at night the deer browse in the beds, Red Deer has a great Trail system with lots of green spaces with tons of wildlife right in town...the song birds have been taking a beating though, Frick** mag pies :mad3:

AB2506
11-26-2009, 03:50 PM
...the song birds have been taking a beating though, Frick** mag pies :mad3:

No doubt the magpies and starlings, crows etc do a number on the songbirds, but more birds are done in by "Fri***" people who let their cats roam at large.

gramps73
11-26-2009, 03:52 PM
I know it is a little south but one of the largest Wt i have ever seen was at COP in Calgary right in Bowness..

tbosch
11-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Yup, Saw a montster white tale buck heading south on Taylor Dr. down the north hill, west side of the road.

Yeah thats one of them. Theres also a nice muley in that area. I saw a muley buck hit in that exact spot last year during the rut. He would have went high 180s easily.. My buddy in sunnybrook was also telling me he has a whitetail eating out of his birdfeeder, he says his rack is so big it gets caught up in the branches above the feeder.

chris262
11-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Also down at 3 mile bend in the dog park I have come across a cow moose a few weeks ago and then tonight to calf moose. Dogs going nuts but they didn't seem to care.

TreeGuy
11-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Pictures boys........we need pictures!:D

Tree

James M
11-26-2009, 05:34 PM
A couple years ago I was driving down 40th avenue south and across that big field at the Sunnybrook farm to the west I noticed mulies and one had some serious headgear. Drove down whatever street that is along the edge of the field off 40th and he was at least a 5x5 with half a dozen doe's and fawns. I also know of a big one, not sure how many points but I've seen him at a distance in the Pines off 67th street up that hill across from where Sears used to be in the Parkland Mall.

And also...a few years ago when I was in junior high school at St. Thomas, I was walking to school in Morrisroe not far from 32nd street and had a giant bodied whitetail buck come ripping down the sidewalk, across the pavement, across peoples lawns and across 32nd into Anders. He was completely broken off so I have no clue how big he would have been but had a massive body on him.

EDIT: And another one I remember was when I did this Protective Services Youth Camp and F+W took us out on the river in the jetboat and I remember seeing a giant wide framed 4x4 mulie on one of the islands by Kerrywood Nature Center.

tbosch
11-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Pictures boys........we need pictures!:D

Tree

I took a few yesterday morning of a 4x4 muley. Unforunately it was too dark and it didnt turn out. He stood right beside my truck while i fumbled with my camera trying to take pics. He was with a doe so he didnt seem to mind me bugging him.

James i've seen the muley across from the mall as well. I forgot about him. I've also heard the legend of the monster whitetail that lives in kerrywood nature center. Never seen him myself.