PDA

View Full Version : new binos, (or are they)??

The Copenhagen Kid
11-26-2009, 05:05 PM
here's my dilemna, I purchased a new pair of binos yesterday from a store in lethbridge (wont give store name as that topic has been beat to death)...but there is a story behind this purchase!

I stopped at the store on the 24th, and after wanting a new set for many months, finally decided on a pair of bushnells that fit my budget. When I said that I would purchase them, the clerk went in the backroom, came back and said that they were sold out. A little disapointed, I said "no worries, can I get the stock #, and such, and I will call back later as I am not from town". I asked when the next shipment would be in, and was told that he did not know, they get stuff in all the time, and it could be a day or two, who knows.
I head out to the cabin to continue with my elk hunt, and the next day my dad calls, and says he is going to make it too! He is in Lethbridge already. (I figure why not, never know, and I call the store to see if my binos are in yet! "Yes! I am told...." ) I am thinking great! set them aside for me, i will get someone to pick them up shortly! I call dad back, he goes in and pick them up for me.
When he gets there, they are not set aside, but the guy goes and grabs the demo set from under the counter, and puts them in the box, and hands them to my dad. (He not knowing what I discussed on the phone with buddy takes, pays, and brings them to me!)

I get them a couple hours later, and he tells me what happened....Instantly I am a little disapointed....(dont mind the paying of new price, but I was not told what I was getting) (the lenses are covered in finger prints, small scratch on the right one)

Sorry for the rant, but I guess my questions is this?....Is it fair that I should have to keep them, or do i have grounds to return them! I was not able to contact anyone from the store today?!?!? What would some of you guys do?

chola
11-26-2009, 05:11 PM
I would return them....you bought "NEW" not "demos"

hunter tyson
11-26-2009, 05:13 PM
bring them back and shop elsewhere is what i would do..

diamonddave
11-26-2009, 05:13 PM
No doubt about it RETURN!!!!!! And I would be more that a little p'od when I took them back.:mad2:

TheClash
11-26-2009, 05:18 PM
hmmm any chance you know who you talked to and who your father bought them from....not to discredit you or doubt your story...but once a product has left the store how is the store supposed to know what you have done with them? how do they know the scratch was not done by you? and now you are trying to take them back because you scratched them.

again i am not saying this is what happened..but i am telling you what you may come up against when you try to return them...there really is no way for them to know what they looked like leaving the store and what you ave done with them since they left.....it sucks...but it may be what you come up against.

hopefully thay are cool about it and either offer you a full refund or at least a discounted price. good luck.

The Copenhagen Kid
11-26-2009, 05:50 PM
no offense taken, I would have tried to return them already also, however was not able to make it there today! I know who i dealy with the day before, and I am sure dad would be able to "ID" the guy he picked them up with!...I dont really need money back, I will accept an exchange, but trust me, they will know I am not happy upon returning them!

I guess I am just venting a little so that if they argue a little, I dont end up doing something stupid! :)

TheClash
11-26-2009, 07:39 PM
no i totally understand....just wanted to make the other side known..having worked retail for a long long time i have seen hundreds of items come back "new" by people with creative stories haha

my best advice would be to try and get the salesman to admit they sold you a display model first before you tell them you are not satisfied..

froggy
11-26-2009, 07:50 PM
no if ands or buts i would take them back and wouldent buy anything from them ever again

6.5 shooter
11-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Try dealing with Ted the owner of marksman sports on the north side of Lethbridge..he is a little more expensive but has a great deal of knowledge and is a fair guy to deal with.