PDA

View Full Version : Little Bow Reservoir construction

WayneChristie
11-29-2009, 07:29 PM
did some looking around today, almost looks like they are planning on raising Little Bow up near the highway elevation? They are working on the canal from Travers too, didnt get close enough to see what they were doing at that end.
Little Bow
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/Nov%2029%2009/DSCF8055.jpg
Little Bow
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/Nov%2029%2009/DSCF8058.jpg
Travers
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/Nov%2029%2009/DSCF8066.jpg
Travers
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/Nov%2029%2009/DSCF8067.jpg

michelle
12-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Isn't there a farm down there? Will Little Bow be the same depth as Traver's? :eek:

Reeves1
12-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Big hoe :love:

Winch101
12-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Supposedly the water in Little Bow Res. and Travers will be the same Height .

Conected by a culvert.

No One I know can figure out how they are going to do that .

Wayne when were these pics taken , water looks pretty open

at Lil Bow dam ...doesnt look to ice fishey .

WayneChristie
12-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Supposedly the water in Little Bow Res. and Travers will be the same Height .

Conected by a culvert.

No One I know can figure out how they are going to do that .

Wayne when were these pics taken , water looks pretty open

at Lil Bow dam ...doesnt look to ice fishey .

that was a week ago last Sunday, should be fairly solid by now.

WayneChristie
12-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Isn't there a farm down there? Will Little Bow be the same depth as Traver's? :eek:

havent seen a farm, but there were cattle grazing right below the dam this summer, hope they can swim, :lol: Im wondering how it will affect one of my local lakes, the one canal that comes from there is what fills it. maybe it will let in more walleyes :love:

Winch101
12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Below the big dam at Travers is Murray Ranches , the Gov't has

been trying to get them to move for years . Maybe its a done deal .

What a lake that would be from the west side of the big dam

over to east/west gravel road and all the way to the pavement from Lomond ... Big water .....xcalant....only time will tell ...

WayneChristie
12-08-2009, 08:49 AM

over to east/west gravel road and all the way to the pavement from Lomond ... Big water .....xcalant....only time will tell ...

could be great! and less than an hour from my house :D

Jims71duster
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM

I work for the people doing little bow, they will be raising the water level 17 feet. The canal spill way the fills it from travers will be removed and will fill straight through to the same level as travers then there wil be a new campground built and no kelly's farms isn't going anywhere he owns all the land that you see in most directions from the dam,36 sections Ithink is what he told me,,Very nice man and an avid outdoorsman

Oilberta
12-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Do you know when the work will be done. I used to live in Coalhurst and spent alot of time at Little Bow and Traverse. I would like to see Little Bow a little deeper. I caught my first fish there and like to see it improved!

WayneChristie
12-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I work for the people doing little bow, they will be raising the water level 17 feet. The canal spill way the fills it from travers will be removed and will fill straight through to the same level as travers then there wil be a new campground built and no kelly's farms isn't going anywhere he owns all the land that you see in most directions from the dam,36 sections Ithink is what he told me,,Very nice man and an avid outdoorsman

sounds like its going to be a good improvement. cant wait to see it finished