PDA

View Full Version : Trespassers???

dennisb
11-30-2009, 12:41 PM
So, you catch a guy trespassing. F&W are there right now as we speak, he will be charged, you've got all his info....Do you post his info on here and hope some people on here know him and embarrass him or not????????
:mad3::mad2::mad3::mad2::mad3::mad2:

rammer
11-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Definately!

blackpheasant
11-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I would more than likely just show up in court to seal his fate, although I can sure understand why you may be tempted to put it up here....

T3man
11-30-2009, 12:50 PM
100% in favour unfortunatly most guys like that dont embarrass easily but its worth a try:mad3:

Bear Ballz
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
wait till he's convicted.....then share away:)

Albertadiver
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
At the very least, post the circumstances. We always like juicy details.

I'd avoid the name until convicted in the court of law, otherwise you could get hasseled for Libel.

sheephunter
11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Was he simply tresspassing or was he charged under the Wildlife Act? There's a big difference when it comes to the ramifications.

Redfrog
11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
I read in the news daily of so and so being charged with an offense.
If he is charged it is public knowledge.

dennisb
11-30-2009, 01:30 PM
He will be charged under the "Wildlife Act" Section 38. The F&W officer just called me and even though he hasn't killed anything this morning he will be getting charged as soon as he talks to the landowner.

This is the 3rd guy in 2 weeks ive caught in there. this property is along the Bow River and trespassing is a issue every year. Just because its not fences along the river, doesn't mean its Crown Land.

Last week i caught and confronted a guy (Jim was his name, so he said) with his 12 year old kid hunting, he told me he always hunted here, and that everything 1/2 a mile on either side of the river is public land. So after I droped the F bomb a couple of hundred times, he got the message, however he was able to beat me back to his truck and out run me before i got his Lic plate#.

And to the the guy who shot a deer there on Saturday Afternoon, you left your gut gloves right there in plain view. For crumb sakes, they fold up to next to nothing...take them out with you.

The River is like a road allowance, and anyone hunting a road allowance and not having permission on one side or both are complete "Bone Heads". This is just trouble waiting to happen. the temptation to trespass is great.

Albertadiver
11-30-2009, 01:45 PM
I can appreciate your frustration, however running off with a bunch of F bombs a couple of hundred times in front of a 12yr old is real classy. You could use other language than resorting to profanity.

As for the access on either side of the bow, the law typically allows access to the public below the high water mark of a 1 in 100 year floodplain. This is in most cases, not all.

Here is a reference you could print off and show others in the future.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=38231

buckmaster
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=Albertadiver;444360]I can appreciate your frustration, however running off with a bunch of F bombs a couple of hundred times in front of a 12yr old is real classy. You could use other language than resorting to profanity.]
x2, shows lots of class and maturity!!

dennisb
11-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Well,droping the F bomb in front of a 12 year old may not be very classy, however neither is trespassing. I really wanted to get my point across, and I wanted the kid to ask his dad "Dad, why did that guy get so upset with us...I thought you said you had permission here"....

Point being, it is YOUR responsibility as a hunter to know always where you are at all times.
Trespassing is Trespassing, its very wrong and against the law. Just cause you have a 12 year old with you dosent make it OK.
If I would have got his Lic plate # and reported him, then the kid could have asked his dad " but dad, in only 12 years old and Im being convicted of trespassing...thanks alot dad"

shooter
11-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I've come across the same type of situation in the past two weeks.... hunting on private land that butts up to a river. There are four guys that hunt the river pushing game and well just running all over the place in the river bottoms. They walk down a road allowance and then off they go.
What are the rules when it comes to river bottoms. Where is the boundary from crown to private?
I heard high water mark but don't know if that's indeed the rule and what high water mark do you go by if it is?
Can someone please pass along better insight.
Thanks

bucktaker
11-30-2009, 03:19 PM
You are pretty worked up about this. My question is not tring to be smart, but u are not the land owner as indicated in your statement. So are you also trespassing. Or are you mad someone else found your spot?

600twin
11-30-2009, 03:31 PM
IN Alberta do you own to the waters edge or is there a rule stating 50 ft from the waters edge?

Nationwide
11-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Last week i caught and confronted a guy (Jim was his name, so he said) with his 12 year old kid hunting, he told me he always hunted here, and that everything 1/2 a mile on either side of the river is public land. So after I droped the F bomb a couple of hundred times, he got the message, however he was able to beat me back to his truck and out run me before i got his Lic plate#. F bomb a couple of hundred times infront of a 12year old :lol::lol: What a grown up thing to do :rolleyes: I cant say i feel sorry for you.

FishinFreak
11-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Well,droping the F bomb in front of a 12 year old may not be very classy, however neither is trespassing."

ever heard the quote "2 wrongs don't make a right" ???? I don't agree with breaking the law but I can't say your way of handling the situation was all that mature either.

Walleyes
11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Not that I am a trespasser but my friend just a note.. If that would of been my 12 year old and myself that you were F bombing I guarantee you would not be bragging about it on here today.. You have made yourself look worse than the guy out hunting for the day.. Well done !!

gitrdun
11-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Not that I am a trespasser but my friend just a note.. If that would of been my 12 year old and myself that you were F bombing I guarantee you would not be bragging about it on here today.. You have made yourself look worse than the guy out hunting for the day.. Well done !!

I seriously agree. Two wrongs don't make a right. F bombing a guy with his 12 year old lil' dude in tow? No class. You need to chill. I have a couple of good hunting buds who hunt with their kids. I can tell you for sure that you're lucky to not have run into them and blew a $h1t fit with their kids around or you'd be picking up your chicklets from the dirt.

Having said that, I do see your point about trespassers, but being a good sportsman takes precedence and that means having some respect for their juniors. :wave:

kingjames30-378
11-30-2009, 06:26 PM
He will be charged under the "Wildlife Act" Section 38. The F&W officer just called me and even though he hasn't killed anything this morning he will be getting charged as soon as he talks to the landowner.

This is the 3rd guy in 2 weeks ive caught in there. this property is along the Bow River and trespassing is a issue every year. Just because its not fences along the river, doesn't mean its Crown Land.

Last week i caught and confronted a guy (Jim was his name, so he said) with his 12 year old kid hunting, he told me he always hunted here, and that everything 1/2 a mile on either side of the river is public land. So after I droped the F bomb a couple of hundred times, he got the message, however he was able to beat me back to his truck and out run me before i got his Lic plate#.

And to the the guy who shot a deer there on Saturday Afternoon, you left your gut gloves right there in plain view. For F*@k sakes, they fold up to next to nothing...take them out with you.

The River is like a road allowance, and anyone hunting a road allowance and not having permission on one side or both are complete "Bone Heads". This is just trouble waiting to happen. the temptation to trespass is great.

Yeah i agree the tresspassing thing is a issue. That is the main reason why i like the bush....it doesnt belong to some cranky land owner.
What if that guy and his kid actually didnt know it was private land !!!
I know if that was me and my son..your f bombs and attitude would of started a whole other problem!! Not cool

Tonto
11-30-2009, 06:50 PM
They may have had all the right in the world to be where they were.

Access to the beds and shores of a river, stream, lake or other body of water is subject to legal access. For example, fishermen can access a stream through public roads, road allowances (developed or undeveloped), and commonly at bridge locations.

If uplands must be crossed to reach a Crown-owned water body or watercourse, the permission of a private landowner or Crown land leaseholder should be sought. Where the adjoining land is public land under lease, recreational users can obtain access information from the department's Recreational Access website at:

* Recreational Access to Agricultural Public Land

The beds and shores of a river or stream that are bounded by private land may generally be traversed below the ordinary high water mark without fear of trespass.

At all times, users of beds and shores should "Use Respect" of the land. Be mindful of fence lines and gates that are required to keep livestock confined.

So, they may be charged, but may get off very easily.

stephen189
11-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Lets try to stay positive, Two great things happened here that the budding sportsman will always remember,

He learned the "F" word well and,

He had his day out hunting with dad ruined by a mildly psychotic "landowner"

I'm sure the kid will cherish the memories...Way to keep the sport alive for future generations!!!

lilsundance
11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
First off posting his name on here, when he may not have been formally charged yet, is wrong and may open you up for a lawsuit. As I have told many people on here, if you can't get your point across with out resorting to swearing or name calling then your point is mute. You may have also opened yourself up to a lawsuit or charges for using such language in front of a 12 yr old.

Satchmo
11-30-2009, 07:30 PM
I seriously agree. Two wrongs don't make a right. F bombing a guy with his 12 year old lil' dude in tow? No class. You need to chill. I have a couple of good hunting buds who hunt with their kids. I can tell you for sure that you're lucky to not have run into them and blew a $h1t fit with their kids around or you'd be picking up your chicklets from the dirt.

Unfortunately, this is why fewer and fewer people are allowing "good ole' boys" and any amount of apparently innocent children on their lands. Get real, guys! The 50's are over, and Diefenbaker is long gone... ha haa haa. Most kids now days can tell you the difference between a Cuban necktie and a Cleavland steamer, if you can pull them away long enough from beating up hookers and killing cops on their playstations to have a conversation!

The plain fact is with GPS's and all the mapping software out there in the world, there is NO EXCUSE for not knowing where you are. The point is, regardless of where you plan to hunt or even fish, plan AHEAD by talking to the landowners nearby if you are going to even give the appearance of going on their land. I know a guy who spent 3 or 4 months getting as many landowners around Peace River to give him permission as possible, and kept track of them on the county map he had. By the time hunting season rolled around, he nearly had the whole thing highlighted and marked off!

Sounds to me like the only person to blame for getting yelled at (as much as that sounds like a mean thing to do) is the father who dragged his kid into that spot in the first place.

There is much to be said for the quiet landowner who is able to be understanding when he encounters people on his land without permission. I sure as hell wish I was able to keep my cool like that, rather than get ****ed and swear a little. Even if I did though, could you blame me? Who do you think the RCMP or even F&W would side with in the case of a group of guys with kids busting through my bush and ending up punching a guy in the face?

As far as releasing the guy's info... there may be some Freedom of Privacy and Information issues to look into there, but if it happened to you on your private land, and you somehow got access to that information, I believe you may be perfectly within your rights to fire away with all the blasphemy and info you desire. The issue there would be why the hell did the fish cop tell you the guy's info in the first place? Ha haaa, his releasing that might be a different story...

msawyer
11-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Denns et al...

First, it seems to me that from his post that Dennis is not the landowner... Makes me wonder exactly why he is so peeved at the alleged trespassers. (I say alleged because according to him the F&W had not yet contacted the "landowner"). What are the real facts?

Second, with respect to hunting along rivers, I have direct personal experience with a particular piece of land along a major southern Alberta river which I know is public land and yet the adjacent landowner continues to claim it is his private property and has repeatedly tried to prevent us from recreating on the land, usually in a most surly fashion. There are no fences, signs or other indications where the private/public land boundaries are. So how do I know the lands are public? Well, first I consulted the country ownership maps. When those proved insufficient, I contacted Public Lands Branch within SRD for more detailed information. In the end, I pulled the legal descriptions of the lands in question and confirmed the ownership of the lands as public. It is note worthy that the legal description can be significantly different than the current situation because of the changes that have, and continue, to occur in the location of river, stream or lake bed boundaries since the original survey. During the course of this 3 year conflict, F&W became involved, and basically told us to ignore the landowner, who in his opinion was just trying to bully members of the public in an effort to prevent some or most of them from using the public lands along the river for public purposes.

My point here is that with respect to landownership, particularly along rivers, streams and lakes, the facts do not always support a landowners assertions of ownership. When in doubt it is important that you do your research. Of course, it is also important that when it is established that someone is the legitimate owner of private lands that you respect his choice to allow you or not and to abide by all applicable laws.

I can't say that I apply the same standard to myself with respect to crown lands under agricultural dispositions, but that's another matter...:)

Best regards all...

Mike

Satchmo
11-30-2009, 07:39 PM
First off posting his name on here, when he may not have been formally charged yet, is wrong and may open you up for a lawsuit. As I have told many people on here, if you can't get your point across with out resorting to swearing or name calling then your point is mute. You may have also opened yourself up to a lawsuit or charges for using such language in front of a 12 yr old.

Answer to that is "nope". The day you can get charged for swearing in front of a 12 year-old is the day the TV networks shut down, and they pull videogames off the shelf. Not gonna happen. If it happened on private property, it is not wrong, and if you somehow obtain that information through legal means, then there is no viable lawsuit for saying "so and so trespassed on my land" as long as you can prove it. The real issue would be why so many of our public servants are soo eager to provide information on people they deal with.

But really... how classy is it to lose your cool? We've all done it, and we all feel a certain amount of embarrassment afterward.

You heard it here though - shoot away with all the belligerent language you want, short of threats, and you're all good, so no worries about a few F-bombs.

flower
11-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Certainly two sides. One is not more wrong then the other. Seems to me if trespassing is an issue on this land a few signs might help (although they do cost money). People should know where they are hunting but being proactive might prevent some swearing from happening in the future.

Duramax01
11-30-2009, 07:59 PM
If you are the landowner ( as you are making it sound like), then I agree, you could ask politely for the trespasser to leave...Politely! If not I would ask the owners if there are others allowed to hunt there.

I ran into the same situation, thinking I was the only hunter in the area. One day a ran into another hunter and questioned him. As we both had permission to be there I contacted the landowner and asked if there were more people allowed to access the property. It is easier now to distinguish the trespassers and not, now knowing who is allowed to be there.

graham1
11-30-2009, 08:10 PM
You are pretty worked up about this. My question is not tring to be smart, but u are not the land owner as indicated in your statement. So are you also trespassing. Or are you mad someone else found your spot?

I was wonderin' the same thing.

I hate tresspassers as much as anybody but, you don't talk like that in front of kids. Mine or anybody elses. I don't care what video games use for language.

gitrdun
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Unfortunately, this is why fewer and fewer people are allowing "good ole' boys" and any amount of apparently innocent children on their lands. Get real, guys! The 50's are over, and Diefenbaker is long gone... ha haa haa. Most kids now days can tell you the difference between a Cuban necktie and a Cleavland steamer, if you can pull them away long enough from beating up hookers and killing cops on their playstations to have a conversation! \

Well, that's all good and dandy. But some of us try to teach our children and grandchildren a more positive and friendly attitude, and that's just not right in my books no matter what they learn on the streets or on Playstation games. :)

junglejay7320
11-30-2009, 08:37 PM
i think buddy is trying to round up a lynch mob and hang this guy.....yes trespassing is a law and it is a up to everyone hunting or fishing to make sure there not on private property or get permission....
one question?????what's a quarter section of land running these days....
50-150 thousand dollars....go spend 2 bucks buy a sign post weather you would like people to call and get pemission or outright and this is my favorite sign... NO HUNTING OR TRESPASSING....TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED...
99% cure your problem.....
don't post it and people will always push the boundaries for the almighty BIG BUCK....

Jamie
11-30-2009, 08:48 PM
WOW.. Big tough guy..
12 years old and all.....
You could have/SHOULD HAVE taken a much different approach. A little chat with the old man away from his son would have gotten your point across.
Instead you have managed to strike another blow for CRAPPY land owner/Hunter relationships.

You are way more of a embarrassment to hunting than what this guy may or may not have done.

I think you owe the guy and his kid a apology. Then you should invite them over for a hunt. It's a opportunity to show the kid (and the Dad) how things should be done.

Jamie

Geezle
11-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes, the law was on your side (assuming you're the landowner) however the situation could have been handled much better than you described :o

winged1
11-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Now I'm pretty sure that on another thread (posting No hunting), that it was largely agreed that an owner can do whatever he wants on his land. So if I took my son onto some goofy azz's property and exposed him to the consequences, who should I be blaming? Some lessons are better learnt when they reach deeper.

Uncle John
11-30-2009, 09:53 PM
WOW.. Big tough guy..
12 years old and all.....
You could have/SHOULD HAVE taken a much different approach. A little chat with the old man away from his son would have gotten your point across.
Instead you have managed to strike another blow for CRAPPY land owner/Hunter relationships.

You are way more of a embarrassment to hunting than what this guy may or may not have done.

I think you owe the guy and his kid a apology. Then you should invite them over for a hunt. It's a opportunity to show the kid (and the Dad) how things should be done.

Jamie

X2

I am a land-owner, and tresspassing does not sit well with me. But, come on! The guy is out with his 12y/o and for what ever reasons has a run-in with some self appointed access gestapo guy "guarding" land he apparently does not own. Do something, of course, but what about a little discretion. Very small. Sad.

And yes, kids use/hear the F bomb all the time, doesn't make it right or even OK, IMO. And they (kids or ladies) don't hear it from me.

kennedy
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
wow, very classy guy. lucky it wasnt my kid you were f* bombing cause you would be looking for your chicklets in the dirt. unreal

elkhunter11
11-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I see no point in using the F-word in front of a 12 year old,it shows no class at all.Instead,I would have told the 12 year old to ask his father to explain what trespassing was,and why he would take his son with him as he trespassed on someone else's land.Then I would have asked them to leave the property,and not come back unless they wanted to be greeted by the police next time.

gitrdun
11-30-2009, 10:10 PM
I see no point in using the F-word in front of a 12 year old,it shows no class at all.Instead,I would have told the 12 year old to ask his father to explain what trespassing was,and why he would take his son with him as he trespassed on someone else's land.Then I would have asked them to leave the property,and not come back unless they wanted to be greeted by the police next time.

Then I woulda pulled out my pocket Bible are read him passages from Genesis. :tongue2: I do get your point, but then I have a friend who tells me interesting stories until I feel like..........dying of old age. :rolleyes:

shooter
11-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Then I woulda pulled out my pocket Bible are read him passages from Genesis. :tongue2:

Ah, it is good to see you back! ;)

bushnell
11-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I think we all have had some sort of experience with trespassers. I have a freind who has an acreage on the McLeod River, his property has 14 No trespassing signs on the boundries. Yet every time we go out there someone has either broken into the house,helped themselves to something or other.The damage is usually just enough to add extra cost and time.We all try to getaway from the work week and have a place to relax,but when you end up fixing a broken door or window,you just get PO'd. But I would not suggest that you post any name until it has been made a matter of public matter.

elkhunter11
11-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Then I woulda pulled out my pocket Bible are read him passages from Genesis.

That would have caused me to use the F-word myself as I threw you off of my land.:D

gitrdun
11-30-2009, 10:18 PM
That would have caused me to use the F-word myself as I threw you off of my land.:D

Darn it anyways elk....I figured I could draw something either more idiotic or smarter from you. You shot right for center.....I'm dissapointed :cry:

el sparko
11-30-2009, 10:23 PM
trespassing is trespassing, if you don't want your kid to hear the filthy rantings of a p'o'ed landowner then don't take him on land where you don't have permission.
i'll bet that 12 year old really got the message and probably asked his old man "what the f@#$# were you thinking taking me out trespassing?"

AxeMan
11-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Wow, lot's of tough guys willing to TRY to spill the chicklets here too. Would you ask your 12 year old not watch while Dad gets in a fight with a guy for using the F-bomb. Wouldn't be too cool to get the crap kicked out of you in front of your son...:ashamed: Oh ya, but everyone is a tough guy, right. Especially the ones that like to talk about it...lol.

Kootenai
11-30-2009, 10:33 PM
I am a land owner in B.C. whose land abuts a lake. In B.C. all water ways are public land and cannot be fenced off or permission denied nor even need be requested from the land owner. Their access cannot be impeded. The land owner has what are referred to as 'first rights' to the lake or river frontage. This means anyone can hike along the beach and stay below the high water mark. They cannot loiter on the beach. In other words they can move non stop on a beach; they cannot stop to enjoy the sights, take pictures or picnic and not hunt. If the beach hiker comes to a cliff, the high water mark is vertical, you cannot trespass on private land to get around the cliff to get back onto the main beach. You either swim or turn around and go back. In most cases you will find the land owner very knowledgeable in these cases.

I am sure Alberta laws are very similar.

gitrdun
11-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Wow, lot's of tough guys willing to TRY to spill the chicklets here too. Would you ask your 12 year old not watch while Dad gets in a fight with a guy for using the F-bomb. Wouldn't be too cool to get the crap kicked out of you in front of your son...:ashamed: Oh ya, but everyone is a tough guy, right. Especially the ones that like to talk about it...lol.

Good point indeed. So how would you handle the situation when the other guy is yelling profanities at you and your son? Not just a mere couple of them, but going on and on. :confused:

Harbercraftguy
11-30-2009, 10:43 PM
an F bomb dropped in front of the daughter is a tough one ...theres no way you could see a license plate when your laying on the ground picking up whatevers left of your dental work....It would be 'Nite Nite' for ya for sure.......

Harbercraftguy
11-30-2009, 10:46 PM
So, you catch a guy trespassing. F&W are there right now as we speak, he will be charged, you've got all his info....Do you post his info on here and hope some people on here know him and embarrass him or not????????
:mad3::mad2::mad3::mad2::mad3::mad2:

[QUOTE=elkhunter11;444924]That would have caused me to use the F-word myself as I threw you off of my land.:D[/QUOTE

gitrdun
11-30-2009, 10:49 PM
an F bomb dropped in front of the daughter is a tough one ...theres no way you could see a license plate when your laying on the ground picking up whatevers left of your dental work....It would be 'Nite Nite' for ya for sure.......

ayh ayh captain....:)

firegod74
11-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I think if it was me with my son and the yelling started I wouldn't spill chicklets. I want my son to be smarter than that when he gets older. When I found out that the guy yelling wasn't actually the land owner, I think I would continue my way across the land, possibly in a direction that would get me off of it sooner. Not to encourage my son to trespass in the future, but to watch the guy doing the yelling realize how pointless and unproductive it is. I think that lesson is just as important as the message that trespassing is wrong.

AxeMan
11-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Good point indeed. So how would you handle the situation when the other guy is yelling profanities at you and your son? Not just a mere couple of them, but going on and on. :confused:

I would seriously have to size the guy up then......lol. And make sure my first one counts....:evilgrin: If he was seriously scary....then I would run.

gitrdun
11-30-2009, 11:20 PM
I would seriously have to size the guy up then......lol. And make sure my first one counts....:evilgrin: If he was seriously scary....then I would run.

My thoughts exactly buddy...and if you're as short as I am, then his balls would be an immediate target, then after that.....well, we're just as tall :evilgrin::lol::lol::lol:

pottymouth
11-30-2009, 11:30 PM
What if the tresspassers cost you the trophy of your dreams, that you have spent thousands of dollars chasing , hundreds of hours sitting in a stand and huge wage losses due to the countless days off??? It's still wrong to scream and swear at children (very wrong), but first reactions sometimes are hard to control, when all you have done is for nothing. What if that happened everytime you went hunting??, how many times can we kick a dog before we deserve to be bit. Not an excuse, but just explaining how it could happen to some people.

petey100
11-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Just an observation here but so far I have not heard a thing about this land being posted. Regardless one should always ask for permission before entering private land. I believe IMO that we need some fathers taking their kids out and teaching them marksmanship and hunting. Most landowners if asked will allow you on their land unless they don't like guns or are worried you will spook their livestock and I will respect them if they say no. But to the land Gestapo who does not even own the land and is just trying to protect his private hunting getaway is just a fine example of why people are leaving this fine sport,there are too many snobs out there. Next time you see a father on your hunting oasis with his kid you should let him know whom the owner is and how to contact him to get access to enjoy time with his child not attack them. Hunting with your friends and family is a lot of fun and if you do have any friends and family you should try it sometime you might like it. Hunting would be pointless for me if I did not bring anybody with me since I am not a loner and I enjoy the time with my family and friends. My family has been ranching in Alberta and BC for over 50 years and yes dad does get upset over these jerks who leave gates open and tear up land with their quads and trucks since they are to lazy to walk but he would still never stop anybody and bark like a lunatic . My good friend owns a hunting ranch in BC and if you respect the land and Its Guests he would never attack you either, now his land (3 sections) is posted private property and I have been there when he has found strangers on his land if they are jerks he will ask them politely to leave otherwise he will let them know where we are hunting and suggest a different area for them to go to ,but once again he would never jump down you throat as you described doing . I would gamble that if that man and his kid knew the land was private and posted that way he would not have entered. Does this mystery land owner know you behave this way on his property? I would rather have my kid shooting a deer in the wild than a gangster in the street. Take a kid hunting its a good thing and yes they do know foul language but it still does not make it right to talk that way in front of them.

theduke
11-30-2009, 11:47 PM

i agree, u cant be posting ppls info on here could get u into trouble, and yet again people have tokeep info to theirselves; saying the f bomb a couple hundred times come onman show some class if ur gunna push the law at least. im not an angry person, but if i were the guy with the kid or even if u spook like that with my nephew around or and kid for that matter u woulda got the but of my gun to ur mouth.

rhuntley12
12-01-2009, 08:39 AM
I dont understand how beating the crap out of someone is any better then the guy dropping F bombs in front of your kid?:huh:

The guy took it a bit far but still did have a right to be mad. The trespasser should take the higher road and apologize and set an example for his kid. In my opinion anyway.

Goose Gunner
12-01-2009, 11:14 AM
I agree it could have been handled differently but swearing isn't illegal and tresspassing is. That father is teaching his son that tresspassing is fine, it does'nt matter that the land is'nt posted, it's still trespasssing. Everybody rants about landowners and there fits, if you get permission you won't have this problem, and no I don't own an acre.

MODEL70
12-01-2009, 11:26 AM
i think we need more info on the exact senario what took place whos land it is what the father had to say.etc..etc...but come on you dont drop the f bomb infront the little ones and you dont starts fights in front of them either..i think there could have been a lot more learned from this if you would have kept your cool and been the bigger person...

elkhunter69
12-01-2009, 11:48 AM
I've seen a few guys treepassing and launching arrows off the road in that area for the last month. What kind of truck where the guys you had been seeing driving? This was a very distinct truck that i saw. I knew who the guy was right away.:mad3:

Just wondering if it might be the same jack*****...

plinker
12-01-2009, 12:15 PM
IMO there needs to be more info posted about location and distance from the river in addition to, the attitude of the hunter and his son during the incident. Did the hunter apologize or attempt to carry on? Lots of questions. However, what you did was uncalled for and shows a lack of respect and an undisciplined approach in conflict resolution. I can take you (not you, but anyone I want) apart just with the simple use of the English language and without resorting to profanities and/or yelling and screaming. The key to how you utilize your skills, mannerisms, and body language in a conflict would show an educated response, discipline, (that in itself scares the heck out of people in the wrong) and an attitude that you can use both in the field and in other ways and situations. An example of how to develope those skills would be to look at how F&W handle themselves in situations similar to what you have experienced. You will not see a F&W officer yell and scream at a suspect, but by using simple, clear and concise language, you will get your point across much better. My personal feeling at the scene from how you have represented yourself on the board, is that due to your actions, mine and my sons lives may have been in danger. As such, although I was trespassing (as per what you have stated) I would have taken an appropriate response in response to the actions and attitude you presented on scene. In addition, although kids today are hearing and seeing terrible things on T.V, and video games, this is not a personal attack but choice. What you did in the field was a personal attack and as such could open you to legalities. I have no sympathy for trespassers, however you must learn to use a different approach. Something to sit on and think about, is that if the individual had been someone with "issue's" you may have actually been shot on scene regardless of whether a child was on/at the incident site.

Kootenai
12-01-2009, 12:31 PM

I am an 'X' sailor. Tugboater, to be exact. Swearing on board with 5 other men was just in the conversation. No one took any notice. On shore is another matter. I have never sworn in front of my children, the oldest now in his 40's and an excellent hunter, and he still has never heard me swear. In fact I have seen a skipper backslap a deckhand for swearing in front of a woman at the fuel dock. Now, how to handle someone that is ranting and raving and swearing. You don't. You, and your son stand there and listen till he is finished. You then turn to your son and explain to him that some people are very simple minded and don't know how to act and talk in public and just because he looks like an adult and seems to think swearing will make him look tough he isn't and it is not the way to live life. It be-littles yourself in the fact you are not educated enough to use the English language properly or know enough words to express yourself adequately.

justhunt
12-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I think that everyone has the responsibility as sportsmen to try to give a positive image to the sport and the people who enjoy it. And that means how you conduct yourself in public and in the bush. As for trespassers I have absolutely no use for them. And anyone who trys telling me they didn`t know that it was private or not gets on my last nerve in a hurry. If you are hunting it is your responsibility to know where you are. Not all private land is posted or fenced and if you are uncertain of where you are hunting every municipal district sells maps with landowners names, lease holders names, and public property. GET ONE!!! No excuses. And I always carry landowner contact info with me incase I meet someone hunting that are where I don`t think they belong. I always check with the landowner before I flip out on them but more often than not they don`t have permission or they got it 10 years ago and think it is still valid. Talk to landowners every year. Permission is not perminenant.

sco22
12-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I am an 'X' sailor. Tugboater, to be exact. Swearing on board with 5 other men was just in the conversation. No one took any notice. On shore is another matter. I have never sworn in front of my children, the oldest now in his 40's and an excellent hunter, and he still has never heard me swear. In fact I have seen a skipper backslap a deckhand for swearing in front of a woman at the fuel dock. Now, how to handle someone that is ranting and raving and swearing. You don't. You, and your son stand there and listen till he is finished. You then turn to your son and explain to him that some people are very simple minded and don't know how to act and talk in public and just because he looks like an adult and seems to think swearing will make him look tough he isn't and it is not the way to live life. It be-littles yourself in the fact you are not educated enough to use the English language properly or know enough words to express yourself adequately.

Exactly Kootenai. All I could help thinking as I read this thread rolling my eyes at the usual sanctimonious responses is the conversation between the father and son going something like this:

"Using such language in front of a twelve year old is direspectful, ignorant and just plain wrong in my books." Punches are thrown. . ."There son, I hoped you learned a good lesson in right and wrong. Now go call Mom and tell her to bail me out of jail."

Knocking a guys chicklets out? Nite nite? The butt end of your gun? Guys, get real.

dennisb
12-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Wow, Great response to this thread FOR SURE.

First of all, I am not the Landowner. The landowner is a very good friend of mine. so I know that its only me and a buddy that have permission.

Second of all, This particular guy with the kid...I caught him trespassing last year ( with a buddy & not his kid). Same story, "I thought this was public land", "everybody hunts here", " the guy over there said i can hunt here"...
Just because you take a boat down river dosent give you the right to hunt where ever you want.

Thridly, Ya...dropping the F bomb infront of a 12yr old is NOT cool. But when you spot this guy from your truck, with your spotting scope, and he see's you in his bino's, i swear i could see the expression on his face...like he knows he's been caught. Then I turn my truck around to go after him and he starts to run. It takes me a good 3-5 minutes to get up to where he was and he is literaly hiding in a coulee laying down ( with his 12yr old). WTF.....Thats when i blew a gasket.

As far a me being a tough guy....NOPE not me, just a frusturated guy who worked extra late Friday to be able to take Saturday off...Nothing more and nothing less.

Nationwide
12-01-2009, 03:55 PM

First of all, I am not the Landowner. The landowner is a very good friend of mine. so I know that its only me and a buddy that have permission.

Second of all, This particular guy with the kid...I caught him trespassing last year ( with a buddy & not his kid). Same story, "I thought this was public land", "everybody hunts here", " the guy over there said i can hunt here"...
Just because you take a boat down river dosent give you the right to hunt where ever you want.

Thridly, Ya...dropping the F bomb infront of a 12yr old is NOT cool. But when you spot this guy from your truck, with your spotting scope, and he see's you in his bino's, i swear i could see the expression on his face...like he knows he's been caught. Then I turn my truck around to go after him and he starts to run. It takes me a good 3-5 minutes to get up to where he was and he is literaly hiding in a coulee laying down ( with his 12yr old). WTF.....Thats when i blew a gasket.

As far a me being a tough guy....NOPE not me, just a frusturated guy who worked extra late Friday to be able to take Saturday off...Nothing more and nothing less.

:lol::lol: and on that note they should LOCK THIS THREAD UP:wave:

BowhuntAB
12-01-2009, 03:56 PM

I agree with you on this Dennis, what is he teaching this kid? Tresspassing? Poaching?

Sometimes these types of guys need to get blasted to learn a lesson. Swearing may not be cool in front of a kid but teaching a kid to tresspass is not any better!

clakjp
12-23-2009, 12:28 PM
as for this property we have caught lots of people. I have had it with all of the ******s that call them self hunters.If you cant get permission stay off. As for swearing at a man and his kid so what.Kids these days know everyword under the sun.Which I have heard many times from kids younger than 12.If it was me it would have been different than what Dennis did.I have another property that I hunt and it is the same thing but in stead of them parking they just drive by and shoot out of the truck or out the sliding doors of the wife mini van.(to bad you missed that big mule deer you GOOF...) As per how we got his info. He was so stupid as to leave his photo ID on his front seat. He also left a pill bottle with his name on it right beside the id.as per this property and the peices nextdoor dennis myself and one other are the only ones aloud on them and there is no hunting at all on all other properties. So GPS and all other stuff in no needed to know you CAN NOT HUNT THERE.... So to all of you who hunt on road allowances/along the river. etc. This all does not apply in the city limits. If you dont have permission on either side you will be charged just for hunting on it as it is city land or has been granted th the land owners on either side.

Okotokian
12-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Was he simply tresspassing or was he charged under the Wildlife Act? There's a big difference when it comes to the ramifications.

gramps73
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
clakjp
great second post not, :tongue2:
Like posted on page one, you do not own the water or water rights.
as far as the f bomb thing goes JUST WRONG
g

clakjp
12-23-2009, 02:45 PM
hey I never said anything about the right to the river. I said you can not hunt on the land that is in the city limits that is not private.As per the F bomb everybody has to think if it was you what would you have done? We have seen people shooting rifles at deer and abunch of other stuff. So you tell me what you would do after dealing with all of the people that say they are hunters around calgary? Also you wonder why people say no to hunting it is because of all the #@$ holes that do what they want when and where ever they want.Al of the people that own land where I grew up wont let anybody on there land cause of the same crap.

Nationwide
12-23-2009, 03:12 PM
as for this property we have caught lots of people. I have had it with all of the ******s that call them self hunters.If you cant get permission stay off. As for swearing at a man and his kid so what.Kids these days know everyword under the sun.Which I have heard many times from kids younger than 12.If it was me it would have been different than what Dennis did.I have another property that I hunt and it is the same thing but in stead of them parking they just drive by and shoot out of the truck or out the sliding doors of the wife mini van.(to bad you missed that big mule deer you GOOF...) As per how we got his info. He was so stupid as to leave his photo ID on his front seat. He also left a pill bottle with his name on it right beside the id.as per this property and the peices nextdoor dennis myself and one other are the only ones aloud on them and there is no hunting at all on all other properties. So GPS and all other stuff in no needed to know you CAN NOT HUNT THERE.... So to all of you who hunt on road allowances/along the river. etc. This all does not apply in the city limits. If you dont have permission on either side you will be charged just for hunting on it as it is city land or has been granted th the land owners on either side. 3 weeks pass then this on a person's second post i smell a troll:sick:good luck clakjp:rolleyes:

TangoKilo
12-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Guys, I think we have kind of lost sight of what is going on here...

If you don't break the law, you don't have to worry about belligerant *****s swearing at you and your kid.

This situation could have been very simply avoided. If it is not public land, or you don't have express permission from the land owner to hunt, don't!

Life is just so much harder when you are stupid!

clakjp
12-23-2009, 04:31 PM
3 weeks pass then this on a person's second post i smell a troll:sick:good luck clakjp:rolleyes:

What is you problem bud? I didnt know about this thread from dennisd till today. Am I not aloud to have a voice? I am sick of all of your stupidity on this fourm. People need to think about what you say.Also think about it from the other person pespective before you open your big mouth.I bet 98% of the people on here dont have the balls to tell me to my face all of there BS.comments.Or even do anything about it if any of this happened to you.

Nationwide
12-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I am sick of all of your stupidity on this fourm. People need to think about what you say.Also think about it from the other person pespective before you open your big mouth.I bet 98% of the people on here dont have the balls to tell me to my face all of there BS. Humm lol::lol: Nice try like i said before good luck clakjp :rolleyes::wave:

gramps73
12-23-2009, 06:17 PM
hey I never said anything about the right to the river. I said you can not hunt on the land that is in the city limits that is not private.As per the F bomb everybody has to think if it was you what would you have done? We have seen people shooting rifles at deer and abunch of other stuff. So you tell me what you would do after dealing with all of the people that say they are hunters around calgary? Also you wonder why people say no to hunting it is because of all the #@$ holes that do what they want when and where ever they want.Al of the people that own land where I grew up wont let anybody on there land cause of the same crap.

What would i do..
Well i think first of all if you are not the land owner I am not sure you have any right giving someone what for not yours not your fight..
Post the land for one thing, do i think it will work for some people no but for the most i would think so. To say the least swearing at me in front of my kids is not cool
g

doetracks
12-23-2009, 06:43 PM
...you wonder why people say no to hunting it is because of all the #@$ holes that do what they want when and where ever they want.Al of the people that own land where I grew up wont let anybody on there land cause of the same crap.

Really a shame, since I would suspect most of the respectful, honest people WOULD ask for permission. I would also suspect that, in refusing permission on these lands, the only ones you'll get ARE the disrespectful ones - all that proves is that the pessimistic landowner is correct, there's only bad seeds out there.

So sad, the good guy loses out to the ... losers. Ruins it for those of us that actually give a crap.:(

j m
12-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Guys, I think we have kind of lost sight of what is going on here...

If you don't break the law, you don't have to worry about belligerant *****s swearing at you and your kid.

This situation could have been very simply avoided. If it is not public land, or you don't have express permission from the land owner to hunt, don't!

Very true TangoKilo.

I can't believe how many here are defending the one tresspassing. Even worse, teaching his 12 year old to do it :mad3:.

And you wonder why access is a problem :rolleye2:

clakjp
12-23-2009, 09:20 PM
What would i do..
Well i think first of all if you are not the land owner I am not sure you have any right giving someone what for not yours not your fight..
Post the land for one thing, do i think it will work for some people no but for the most i would think so. To say the least swearing at me in front of my kids is not cool
g

As for being the land owner you dont have to if he grant you permission to charge people.He just has to show up to court.This changed years ago.Like I already said it is posted land.Also when it comes to the kid being swore at is not even the issue here. So you and everybody else wineing about that. Get over it.If he was not breaking the law he would not have put his kid in that perdicament to hear that.How about we have a big covesation about being a proper parent and how to raise our childeren.

4roddin
12-23-2009, 10:05 PM
As for being the land owner you dont have to if he grant you permission to charge people.He just has to show up to court.This changed years ago.Like I already said it is posted land.Also when it comes to the kid being swore at is not even the issue here. So you and everybody else wineing about that. Get over it.If he was not breaking the law he would not have put his kid in that perdicament to hear that.How about we have a big covesation about being a proper parent and how to raise our childeren.

Soooo basically you and this dennisb are pretty much mall cops that run around with tiny little badges on land that doesnt belong to you starting **** and drama with people just because you think you are on a high horse having permission...well let me tell you son if you had lip for me and my kids like that I would kick both of you clowns back to your trailer park home and laugh all the way. I think it is hilarious people that dont own a single acre to call their own jumping on a high horse playing deputylandownerwannabe and cause all this BS. As a landowner its as simple as writing down a license plate and making a phone call. Its only a matter of time before you beak off the wrong guy and you end up getting tagged.....by the toe! Take me serious or not...consider it next time not everyone has patience for $#%holes like you guys. Is trespassing cool NO do they need to face the music YES did you handle it intellligently definately not.

clakjp
12-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Soooo basically you and this dennisb are pretty much mall cops that run around with tiny little badges on land that doesnt belong to you starting **** and drama with people just because you think you are on a high horse having permission...well let me tell you son if you had lip for me and my kids like that I would kick both of you clowns back to your trailer park home and laugh all the way. I think it is hilarious people that dont own a single acre to call their own jumping on a high horse playing deputylandownerwannabe and cause all this BS. As a landowner its as simple as writing down a license plate and making a phone call. Its only a matter of time before you beak off the wrong guy and you end up getting tagged.....by the toe! Take me serious or not...consider it next time not everyone has patience for $#%holes like you guys. Is trespassing cool NO do they need to face the music YES did you handle it intellligently definately not.Hey Bud you dont know **** of what I do.I call to get people charged.I dont do anything else.The land owners asked us to patrol there land cause of all the BS that they have dealt with and to charge people.So know my hunting partners and my self are mall cops for doing as we were asked to do.Also we have had our own hunts screwd up by others that have no buisness being there.As for a trailer park we all are as far from that as you can get.I bet you are in the trailer collecting off the system.Also who said that we did not own land?You sure talk big name a time and a place and we will find out.

landowner
12-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey Bud you dont know **** of what I do.I call to get people charged.I dont do anything else.The land owners asked us to patrol there land cause of all the BS that they have dealt with and to charge people.So know my hunting partners and my self are mall cops for doing as we were asked to do.Also we have had our own hunts screwd up by others that have no buisness being there.As for a trailer park we all are as far from that as you can get.I bet you are in the trailer collecting off the system.Also who said that we did not own land?You sure talk big name a time and a place and we will find out.

I applaud hunters who help landowners patrol for trespassers and vandals. Maybe the kid learned that people do get upset when you break the law. Landowners and good hunters do get mad when jerks pull this crap again and again. Good job you guys.

Nester
12-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Interesting.

Your not the landowner but you take it upon yourself to correct a sorta kinda tresspasser with a grade 4 mentality meltdown.

Please do go on..........

Clgy_Dave2.0
12-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Interesting.

Your not the landowner but you take it upon yourself to correct a sorta kinda tresspasser with a grade 4 mentality meltdown.

Please do go on..........

Nicely put. "Mall Cop" was another apt description.

brad925
12-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Its this kind of attitude that causes problems between hunters and land owners. Especially landowners that read you the riot act just for asking. And it sounds like it might get worse. I was told the county land maps were going to stop putting the land owners names on the maps because of the privacy laws. If this happens landowners will have to take it upon themselves to post their land one way or the other to prevent problems. You can't ask if you don't know who to ask.
I geuss the point is if you are a land owner and you don't want people on your land don't be an a...ole when people ask for permission.

havesomeclass
01-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Tresspassing! The word itself, brings my blood to a boil. My anger towards the act is warrented. To say the least. Where i live it's common practice. The people doing it almost have it down to a science. They play as if it is a game. That never goes out of style. You can spend 24 hours a day just waiting for them. They never dissapoint.:wave:

Simply put it comes down to RESPECT. What is the definition of (landowner). Self explanatory right. Whats the purpose of buying land. To have the right to decide what goes on it. Never have i heard someone buying anything; to let others dictate what well take place for it. What would be the point of ownership.

If your tresspassing to hunt or whatever. Its still illegal. Why is it the owners responsiblity to tell anyone to stay off. If its not yours stay off period. Have some respect. If half these law breakers had some knowledge of ownership. mabey they would have some common sense to stay off. Just like most, everybody is taught most things they know. Hopefully the tongue lashing strays the boy from grandpas stupidty. All in all i bet grandpa and the boy well be back. :rolleye2: