PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Hockey?

The Fisherman Guy
11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I play with a good group of guys, in Calgary, every Thursday at noon at Fairview arena in the SE. Trouble is with the patch being still slow, many of our skaters have left our ice time to pursue other ways of bringing home the bacon.

Understandably, Thursdays at noon, is not the most convenient of ice times, but the cost is much cheaper than after 4 in the afternoon, when the price triples.

So I would happy to extend the offer to anyone out there who would like to get together with a good group of skaters for some stick and puck once a week. Most guys wear full equipment minus shoulder pads. Slapshots are not frowned upon if there is plenty of room for a clear shot. Non-contact, good hockey. There are players that show up that used to play university level, and some that used to play in the WHL. That being said, there are a few guys that are on year 3 of hockey. EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

Ten bucks for an hour of ice time, if more skaters show consistently (15 + total), I will throw a case of beer in each of the change rooms for after the game.

Goalies are welcome as well, and play for free, they will never have to pay.

Pass the word around that there is an open opportunity to lace em' up and hit me.

Give it your best shot! See you on the "other" ice!