PDA

View Full Version : take a look at this pic

timba
11-30-2009, 04:40 PM
I had a pile of trail camera pics form spring bear season and was going though them and saw this pic.Is that an arrow in the bears shoulder?I didn't think there was any other baits even close to mine.

timba

frenchfried
11-30-2009, 04:47 PM
it look like an arrow to me!!!!!!!!

hal53
11-30-2009, 04:47 PM
tick, tick, tick..the clock is on for the first Archery slamming post:evilgrin::lol:

Supermag
11-30-2009, 04:56 PM
I think all those bowhunters, blackpowder hunters, bear baiters, deer baiters, crossbow hunters, long range shooters, and truck hunters are a menace!:evilgrin:

The only real hunters are the ones like you see in the old photos from the 60's. Plaid jacket, lever action rifle (open sighted, of course) and one round fired per year!

Anyone else is a near-poacher! :lol:

If I missed some people, and you don't meet the levergun/plaid description, then you can write yourself onto the list!:tongue2::D

Anyway, that could well be an arrow. Crappy penetration, for sure. I would think that the bear would have torn it out or broken it off by now.:confused:

pickrel pat
11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
i dont believe it is an arrow. its like a twig or something, but i could be wrong.

Mike_W
11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I'd say an arrow forsure you can see the blood.

Ruger1022
11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Straigt as an arrow, you can even make out the feathers on the end if you squint enough.. Looks like maybe the shooter was going for the heart...off by a few inches..

But I could be totally wrong though..!

neato pic

WayneChristie
11-30-2009, 06:22 PM
looks like an arrow, but you would think the bear would have been able to pull it out, looks like its within teeth range? Maybe its wearing a flak jacket for hunting season :D

stephen189
11-30-2009, 06:27 PM
that looks like a fine piece of grass on the camera lens

BigRackLover
11-30-2009, 10:06 PM
I think all those bowhunters, blackpowder hunters, bear baiters, deer baiters, crossbow hunters, long range shooters, and truck hunters are a menace!:evilgrin:

The only real hunters are the ones like you see in the old photos from the 60's. Plaid jacket, lever action rifle (open sighted, of course) and one round fired per year!

Anyone else is a near-poacher! :lol:

If I missed some people, and you don't meet the levergun/plaid description, then you can write yourself onto the list!:tongue2::D

Anyway, that could well be an arrow. Crappy penetration, for sure. I would think that the bear would have torn it out or broken it off by now.:confused:

lol .... "People who hunt with anything more than hand me down clothes, bullets, gun, tag and knife."

theduke
11-30-2009, 11:24 PM
99% arrow, if hes lucky it will break off and hopefully cuase no infection, doesnt look like it can reach it aswell, or maybe someone did him a favour and shot him this fall

littledoeman
11-30-2009, 11:43 PM
I think that's my arrow. I took a 60 yard shot on the run with my bow, at least i hit him.

Mike_W
12-05-2009, 10:21 AM
I think that's my arrow. I took a 60 yard shot on the run with my bow, at least i hit him.

Are you making a joke....oh haha funny:rolleye2:

Shot would have been a poor heart shot its way to far up to even hit the heart.

I'd say the shot hit the femer square and stopped.

Canuck44
12-05-2009, 04:11 PM
any self respecting bear would have broken it off, its a twig or something

Theganch
12-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Haha, you dont think the bear would be annoyed enouph to try and get it off of him.....walk around the bush for a few days with an arrow flopping around....i think not. Plus that "arrow' looks a little to computer genarated to me!

RedHeadedFisherman
12-06-2009, 03:21 AM
[QUOTE=

can we all say ......

DAVY DAVY CROCKET!! KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER, KILLED HIM A BEAR (with a arrow hehe) WHEN HE WAS ONLY THREE!

hahahahahah :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::D:D:D:wave:

pecker
12-06-2009, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=

can we all say ......

DAVY DAVY CROCKET!! KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER, KILLED HIM A BEAR (with a arrow hehe) WHEN HE WAS ONLY THREE!

hahahahahah :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::D:D:D:wave:

wow - someone else who remembers davy . :wave:

uglyelk
12-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I was afraid this was going to be another of Nait's whats wrong with this picture train wrecks.:D

Wonder how the bear made out?

mountain man 300 win
12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
It looks like a bear to me because look at the wound looking marks around the arrow it looks like there might be blood or something around the arrow

huntinstuff
12-07-2009, 09:39 AM
It looks like a bear to me because look at the wound looking marks around the arrow it looks like there might be blood or something around the arrow

I know what you meant, I just found that pretty funny.....:lol:

mooser
12-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I think thats a bullet!!! probably from a lever action! :tongue2:

leadpillproductions
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
that is why you use a gun :lol:

PoppaW
12-08-2009, 06:21 AM
I call BS. Looks shopped. A neat little square right behind the "arrow" looks overworked. How many bears have squares on their fur. It would have pulled it out or chewed it off too. They bite at what hurts. I'm a non believer.

Tracker34
12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Sasquatch!!
Maybe that arrow was shot from a lever gun?? :lol:

c_vet
03-14-2010, 10:31 AM
last spring i took a poke at a bear from baited treestand, slightly quartered towards me. just barely caught the edge of his shoulder blade and got about 4" of penetration on 64lbs PSE bow. made me realize that GET ACCURATE and have some appreciation for how much armor a bear has. as for pic, i agree that bear would have at least snapped the arrow, btw the arrow is in the scapula/shoulderblade.