PDA

View Full Version : Bow River unforzen spots

jriad
12-01-2009, 06:13 PM
I know that below the treatment plant is good all winter but does anyone know if the bowmaont / bowness section freezes over or is it fishable open water in the heart of winter?

WayneChristie
12-01-2009, 06:17 PM
most of it freezes over, but you can sometimes fish by the railroad bridges. the bottom can get covered with ice too so it isnt always easy to find a clear spot.

WayneChristie
12-01-2009, 06:30 PM
just downstream from the 16th avenue bridge stays open a bit longer, a really nice hole there, lots of snags tho. Ive caught lots of whitefish there, and some nice trout. seen some huge trout around the bridge at times too, just not on my hook :)

fishstix
12-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I know that below the treatment plant is good all winter but does anyone know if the bowmaont / bowness section freezes over or is it fishable open water in the heart of winter?

dont bother going right below the treatment plant.. its gross. Your line will be ruined, or at least will have crusty residue on it when your done there. the last time i fished that stretch(my first and last time ever) i had to replace my new floating line and leader. Dont go there.. Try fish creek park. I know a few good spots there.
Fishstix!!