PDA

View Full Version : Ice huts

fluxcore
12-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I have a large hut with a stove going on Gull this year, my problem is I like to fish a number of lakes throught the winter so I need something portable that will fit me and my two girls. I was thinking of making the trip down to bass pro this weekend to pick something up in the $250-$350 range. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Winch101
12-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I have a Chappel 3000. from the fishin hole . Light easy to pull

and pretty roomy ...I think there is one bigger model

tchow
12-02-2009, 08:38 PM
For that price range, IMO would suggest going to Pop-up tents but in Thermal version. There are some models that come with a floor to keep of the Ice.
Flipover Sleds are going to be in the higher price range. Roomy, and heavier but might not be want you're looking for.
With young ones along, spending the extra to make their outing more comfortable and enjoyable is well worth it. It can make quite a difference with the Warden..Oops I mean Wife. Imagine, the kids nagging Mom to allow Dad to take them out fishing every weekend possible....
Especially with X-Mas round' the corner, the possibilities could be endless.
How about, hmmm.... The girls and Mum teaming up and buying Dad a new UW Camera and Sonar !!
Let us know what you went with.

npauls
12-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Check out the clam 3 person huts at bass pro. They are cheaper then frabil but have a better sled and thicker material used. I bought the single man clam kenai and from what I have seen between my clam and my buddies single man frabil, the clam is alot better and for $100 cheaper you can't go wrong.

fluxcore
12-03-2009, 06:10 AM
I was thinking a 4 man ice cube, It really depends on the selection at bass pro. Good point tchow the kids have to be comfortable thats whats most important........

Kevin C.
12-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Glad to hear someone say that I am waiting for fed ex today to drop of my Kenai.

Check out the clam 3 person huts at bass pro. They are cheaper then frabil but have a better sled and thicker material used. I bought the single man clam kenai and from what I have seen between my clam and my buddies single man frabil, the clam is alot better and for $100 cheaper you can't go wrong.

Jack&7
12-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Fluxcore,

PM sent...